IS THERE REALY SUCH A THING AS A SOUL MATE

Najah Zein

According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate parts, condemning them to spend their lives in search of their other halves.
Thats kind of sad...don't you think?
But I don't see soul mates as half of anything. Just two seperate souls/beeings (whatever you want to call them) that vibrate on the same level. One helps the other to complete their missons on this earth.

Sorry about my bad english. 8)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I used to believe in soul mates, but after observing human behavior and considering the randomness that was intended for reproductive purposes (to get the best DNA output), I've began doubting it. I know this will upset some people. Just IMHO. I believe in strong bonds, but those usually only exist between animals/children. Perhaps it's possible that a bond is confused as a soul-mate situation. I don't know. All IMHO. I know nothing.

darwi

There are a number of things to respond to. First, I also have a strong attraction to Tarzan. I read the 24 Tarzan books by Burroughs and saw all the movies. I strongly identify with him. I even believe that I was known as a knife fighter in one of my recent lifetimes. Recently I discovered that the Tarzan story is based on a true story, that Burroughs found out about. You can find this on the internet. But whether its really true that a black African witch doctor gave him the secret to eternal youth and longevity, after he killed a lion that was about to eat the witch doctor, who knows. As to twin flames and soul mates, to me they are very real. But twin flames aren't always going to get along. Karma can get in the way. Consider the case of star-crossed lovers and known twin flames, Jeanette McDonald and Nelson Eddy, famous singers and actors from several decades ago. I have a good idea who my own twin flame is, I believe. She's a blond haired, blue eyed beauty like Helen of Troy, I've known since we were babies, but really we've known each other forever. Our mothers became friends when they were pregnant with us. Our fathers were friends since childhood. She was in my class through elementary school and high school. Yet I never dated her or married her. Why not? Karma. That includes the Trojan War. What a mess that was. Yes, I am saying that I undoubtedly was involved in that conflict. The repetitive pattern, revealed through intuitive synchronicity, beginning with my mother's mother, named Ida, who sometimes referred to herself as Mount Ida, is undeniable to me. By the way, I believe that there can be more than one twin flame for an individual. Since we are in the last stages of an evolutionary era, some souls may split apart even more than they already have, to give them the opportunity to incarnate more, to speed up their spiritual evolution. And I did meet another woman, similar to that first one, who also could have been my twin flame. The two of them knew each other, which I didn't know at the time. Driving a taxi, I took a passenger to a doctors' office. One of those women was there and happily greeted me, telling me that she was divorcing her husband who had mistreated her. But I was nervous in front of my male passenger and was so confused that I wasn't even sure which girl it was. I didn't respond well enough to have any chance with her, whoever it was.

Krish

"Is there really such a thing as a soul mate?"
Yes!

But how do you set the Time? Mine is 200K Years....Yours could be different...Life is eternity....The Divine-Spirit finds each other...(as per Rabbi Manis Friedman' s divine-spirit issues)

Ozark Wildwoman

Well I think at this point KC, your ideas have been validated. Soulmates are sometimes torn apart by outside forces. Only those who operate on the same level are strong enough to endure until the universe's forces with a LOT of help from God bring them together again. Sometimes it just takes a looong time. I too believe in soulmates. What was shall be again but the rejoining will be much more profound because of the trials and tribulations they have each lived through. Each of us has to learn a great deal before we can join again with the other and fulfill the destiny that was theirs from the beginning. I think we lose sight of this many times in our lives due to "life" but inevitably we go back in our minds to that one person who is the other half of our being. And if we are as strong as God made us, we will be lucky enough to be joined again with that person for life.

TimeFlipper

Are there Soul mates? I believe so..
They could be a sister or brother, a very close friend male or female, a lover (including the same sex), or a previous wife or husband..
I think its how deeply they feel for each other, when one of them dies the other one dies very quickly too, they simply cannot live without each other..