Debate John Titor: Real Time Traveler or a Hoaxer?

Roth Joint

Re: John Titor Update: Exclusive Report!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
Something \"sinister\" and very creepy is going on, and I dare anyone to question that. Has anyone NOT felt the creepy feeling that's been going around. No one's telling us the truth, but still here we all are. I'm sorry to sound cliche, but something very sinister is going on.[/b]

JT: "It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belief...but you will find that out yourself in 2005."

http://globalpolitician.com/articledes.asp?ID=716&cid=4&sid=33
Russia's Alliance With America's Enemies
by Ryan Mauro - 5/16/2005

"And now, the bold state of Iran is openly expecting an American
assault and accelerating the pace of the reconstruction of ties with
the Arab states, and the construction of a Russian nuclear reactor
at Bushehr, which will allow Iran to have nuclear weapons in 2005."

http://www.antiwar.com/wanniski/?articleid=5956
The Bush-Bolton Plan to Bomb Bushehr
by Jude Wanniski - 5/16/2005
Memo to: Republican senators

Buried down in Saturday's New York Times report on President Bush
reaffirming his unqualified support for John Bolton as UN ambassador
is the reason why almost all of you are ready to vote for his
confirmation.

"Republicans are hoping to shame Democrats into a quick vote on Mr.
Bolton. They argue that he needs to be in place by June so that the
United States will have the latitude it needs to press its concerns
about Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program before the Security
Council."

Why the big rush? My reliable sources tell me it is because there is
a timetable that makes it urgent for Bolton to be ready for action in
June in order to cripple the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT) as
part of the plan to bomb the Iranian nuclear power plant at Bushehr.

That's because Bushehr, under construction with Russian supervision,
will soon be ready to receive the Russian fissionable material
enabling it to produce power. In 1981, remember Republican senators,
Israel bombed the Osiraq nuclear power plant near Baghdad just before
it was to be fueled by its French contractors.

Once fueled, bombing is out of the question because of the radiation
that would be emitted, with clouds traveling who knows where.

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
i don't even know, conflicting evidence has abounded lately. I see all this very suspicious information posted by VirtualGirl, and all this almost Titor-credifying news lately, I don't know what to think. All I can say is, good research VirtualGirl, something smells fishy. And at the same time, I must admit something. Even if I had never heard of John Titor or become interested in time travel and found this board, I would say this world is ending. Something \"sinister\" and very creepy is going on, and I dare anyone to question that. Has anyone NOT felt the creepy feeling that's been going around. No one's telling us the truth, but still here we all are. I'm sorry to sound cliche, but something very sinister is going on.[/b]

Indeed something is rotten in Denmark. I have this feeling so strongly I am going to alter my life plans through 2015. If life continues after 2012 I don't know what I'll do considering I'm planning on the world ending then. I am banking my entire life, future, and career on the idea that 2012 is the end of mankind.

Roth Joint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Hemoman\")</div>
Indeed something is rotten in Denmark. I have this feeling so strongly I am going to alter my life plans through 2015. If life continues after 2012 I don't know what I'll do considering I'm planning on the world ending then. I am banking my entire life, future, and career on the idea that 2012 is the end of mankind.[/b]

JT: \"<span style='color:black'>Perhaps the end that we fear will open your eyes to your true value as an individual. Young people need wisdom. The captain of the ship knows where the lifeboats are.\"</span>

\\\"I could save thousands of men on the Arizona at the cost of millions in London. I just don\'t know how one life will affect another. However, if I were standing next to a soldier who was about to be shot by a passing Japanese plane, I would push him to safety.\\\"</span></span></span></span></span></span><span style=\'font-family:Times New Roman\'><span style=\'color:black\'><span style=\'font-family:Times New Roman\'><span style=\'color:black\'><span style=\'font-family:Times New Roman\'><span style=\'color:black\'>
</span></span></span></span></span>

Apogee

Hi folks,

No great loss to you I'm sure but I'm going to have to sign off on this discussion board.

As one of my previous posts points out, I posted here thinking it was a forum for real debate and the testing of ideas. And although there are obviously some clear-sighted individuals here, I don't think posting endless links to sites of spurious - at best - relevance is much of an argument for anything.

That's not to say that my own ideas have not been challenged. They have. But all this has succeeded in doing is illustrating how misguided I was in getting involved in someone else's carefully thought-out monkey puzzle.

I disagree fundamentally with the notion that the Titor story is not about answers but 'the journey' as it were. I believe either the guys is for real or he's not. And I stick by what I said about how, once we arrive safely at the end of this year and his predictions prove false, the believers will squirm there way out of that fact with some pseudo-science nonsense.

The hoaxer has set up the perfect win-win scenario. Ultimately you CANNOT argue with an anonymous individual who claims any divergance from what they claim is down to impenetrable laws of space-time physics.

Since civilisation began there have been people walking about with 'End Is Nigh!' warnings. But if some people are genuinely (as this board shows) tragically, and I do mean TRAGICALLY going to allow their lives to be shaped completely by an anonymous internet poster with more holes in his story than a collander, then (I'm sorry) but more the fool them.

Sorry if this falls under the category of 'throwing stones' but sometimes ya just got to call a spade a spade...

Now, I'm off to live my life happily in the knowledge that:

a. The world will - at the very least - not end in the manner Mister Titor describes

b. Anyone who allows themselves to live in that much fear is wholly to be pitied.

The formula for life is the same for us as it has been for everyone who has preceded us: We can only do our best and make the world better in our own large or small way.
Now back to my time capsule, the year 2005 and the real world.
Gary

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Apogee\")</div>
Hi folks,

I'm afraid I'm going to have to sign off on this disccusion board.

As one of my previous posts points out, I was labouring under the misapprehension it was a forum of real debate and testing of ideas. And although there are clearly some clear-sighted individuals here, I don't think posting endless links to sites of spurious - at best - relevance is much of an argument for anything.

Since civilisation began there have been people walking about with the 'End Is Nigh!' warnings. But if some people are genuinely going to allow their lives to be shaped by an anonymous internet poster with more holes in his story than a collander, then (I'm sorry) but more the fool them.

I'm off to live my life happily in the knowledge that:

a. The world will - at the very least - not end in the manner Mister Titor describes

b. Anyone who allows themselves to live in that much fear is wholly to be pitied.

I'm now off to my time capsule to go back to the year 2005 and the real world.
Gary[/b]

If your reply is due to my posting here you're really over-reacting. If you like I can go into the myriad of reasons why my life is going to take the course I have chosen. Mine has an awful lot to do with religion. I don't base my belief that 2012 is the end solely on the predictions of an anonymous supposed time traveller. Although I can easily see how it would appear so. I'm basing it on multiple theories that 2012 is the end, and the possibility that "the end is nigh" from Biblical refferences.

I am prepared to accept that I am wrong and frankly hope I am. I hope I'm a fool and that this is all false. I hope that I'm completely wrong. However the path I am choosing is fulfilling and will give me a fulfilling life that enriches that of others. If I am a fool for wanting to make the world a better place because it may not be around much longer, then shame on me and everyone else who entertains the idea that "the end is nigh". if everyone lived their life like the end of the world was coming, in their personal lives anyway, I'm sure we would have much more enriched, and fullfilling live.

DWOMT

I agree a lot with what Apogee is saying. Plus the whole throwing around links to world problems doesn't help argue anything about Titor being valid. The world has always had these kind of problems and it will continue on in the future. Plus the whole "China expanding" thing is no biggie. China has always been growing. What they have been doing they've been doing for years. Eventually I see China having another government change. I get the feeling communism will fade away for China. They're almost as Capitalistic as America is. I say another 10 years and we'll be seeing a new China.

On the other hand, I do hope we see Titor's predictions proved false by the end of 2005. I don't want his future. His whole take on half of us dieing to better the world is ridiculous. Unlike him, I still have hope for mankind. Yeah sure a lot of people are idiots and cause problems, but heck they eventually ruin themselves, no reason for us decent folk to be purged along with them. I believe we're just dealing with a current chapter of mankind and this chapter will eventually conclude and we'll move on. My hope for the future is Alien contact and space exploration. I believe the stars is where our destiny awaits us. Plus when Titor talked about how there was no Alien contact by 2036, but how UFO activity was still happening and he believed them to be time travellers. I didn't buy that at all. He was copping out on a very important question about mankind and Alien life. The hoaxer couldn't say "yeah UFOs were really Aliens" because it would start an uproar. I do believe Alien life is visiting this planet and Titor's future is not our future.

LetThereBeLight!

Yes, it has been discussed before. But some people think that if they can live to 150-200 years old, then they should have a Right to do so. Now, it may be possible for 20,000,000,000 (billion) people to live on this Planet, but then we are seeing already what around 7,000,000,000 (billion) people are doing already. Yes, we are pretty well intelligent and schooled, and there are really some dumb people on this planet spreading diseases and not caring.

But still, it is 25,000,000,000,000 (trillion) miles to the nearest Star down in the Southern Sky (Alpha Centauri), and even if one does not have a short-cut there (time-travel) it would take around 50 years to get there. Shortening the trip to get up to around the speed of light, may be possible, but without any shortcut again it would take probably around 8 years or so to get there. Then, there really does not seem to be any planets there, just a twin or triple star system.
Actually there was a 1995 computer game called "Outpost" that was kind of hard science. The nearest stars known back then, close to our own Sun in heat and temperature range (middle-ing) is something like 82 light-years away. So yes, those type of stars do exist, whether there is another planet there, also is unknown. A light-year is close to 6,000,000,000,000 (trillion) miles or the distance light travels (being the fastest wave in the Universe) in one year. So that becomes 82 times 6,000,000,000,000 miles away just to get there, so it is measured in light-year terms. To us, that is getting up to the speed of light, maybe taking a couple of years to do that, and then after getting there, deaccelerating back a couple of years, so the minimum time to get that far into Space is --- 86 years, and one can not even travel at the speed of light, only maybe close to it. so add on some more years -- say 100 years. Being born in Space may solve the problem with the time, but those humans would be different as much as the Plants grow in a Spiral Pattern without gravity or light.

The Earth also moves in a spiral pattern actually around the Sun as the Sun is moving also, taking around 225 million years to orbit once around this Galaxy!

But any device that moves through the SpaceTime straighter, whereas light does bend due to mass, is preferable, as that cuts down the length of time it would take. Space is curved, so cutting through a straight path, makes all trips in Space take less time, then perhaps, light will take.

:eyebrow:

So, all I do is point out what may be a possibility with the device shown by this person this thread is about!

It is also wrong to think that the world will just go on the same way, as it has, it may not, and there may be more of a possibility to that then most people are willing to admit to his/her/alien self!

Technology can solve the problems, but that also takes time to develop.
Then there are already people who do not care about what they spread around -- like HIV or anything else. It becomes the point, whether people can afford to continue their way, and all survive.

That only leaves probability discussions and probability solving.
Sure in 30 years, when robots may do all the work, and anyway, probably by 2050, we all can become lawyers, but who wanted a Planet full of lawyers, while all the other work is done by something that some technology came up with, and decided that humans were not really intelligent, and actually those type of people were only talking in the end about his/her/alien self being stupid. Those people did not like it since they could not take rejection, and did not want to really get along, could not work in groups of people, and while some people decided to die, those other type of people always wanted to --- fight!

??????
Nothing will prove Titor one way or another, for quite some time to come yet!

Roth Joint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DWOMT\")</div>
The world has always had these kind of problems and it will continue on in the future.[/b]
Never before has the world been confronted with the kind of problems as we witness them today. Ofcourse, there were always wars, but what we see happening on a national and global scale synchronizes perfectly with Titor's "predictions." Back in 2000/2001 his "predictions" were rejected as "absurd" and "rediculous" when he "predicted" them. Are we now saying that his "predicted" events always were there when we witness his "predictions" coming into our reality? Let's not stick our heads in the sand, but lets open our eyes to the events happening around us.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DWOMT\")</div>
Plus the whole \"China expanding\" thing is no biggie. China has always been growing.[/b]
Really? According to Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld (not the least person in this world I suppose) it is most definitely a "biggie." And I am most certain you won't disregard his remarks:

"One might be concerned that this buildup is putting the delicate
military balance in the region at risk ? especially, but not only,
with respect to Taiwan,"

"Since no nation threatens China, one wonders: Why this
growing investment?"

LetThereBeLight!

Well, at least, try to smile along the future path. It may relieve some tension that others had in store for you, as a person. As a book said, upon trying to find a job, (What Color is Your Parachute?), some people will think that you are:
Too tall.
Too small.
Too big.
Too skinny.
Too human.
Not human.
No brained.
Really brained.

and all of that also!

I think Dumbsfeld is begging China to strengthen it's military, because he and the PNAC want China to obliterate us.