John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

sinister

Re: John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

The point of this, I thought was the connection to microsingularities, which I didn't see any talk of in my quick scan of that 97 press release. Also, the fact that CERN originally stated they would not be on schedule to bring the LHC online in 2007, which was a major discredit to Titor's story. This new 'cutting of red tape' that was just announced has put it back on schedule. These are pretty big things, in my opinion.

sinister

The point of this, I thought was the connection to microsingularities, which I didn't see any talk of in my quick scan of that 97 press release. Also, the fact that CERN originally stated they would not be on schedule to bring the LHC online in 2007, which was a major discredit to Titor's story. This new 'cutting of red tape' that was just announced has put it back on schedule. These are pretty big things, in my opinion.

JRSpencer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
The point of this, I thought was the connection to microsingularities, which I didn't see any talk of in my quick scan of that 97 press release. Also, the fact that CERN originally stated they would not be on schedule to bring the LHC online in 2007, which was a major discredit to Titor's story. This new 'cutting of red tape' that was just announced has put it back on schedule. These are pretty big things, in my opinion.[/b]

Thank you. This was the whole purpose of putting the link to that page on the forum. (If you can reach one person...) But, I feel if microsingularities were discovered would they release that information or would it be regarded as "top secret"? Well, those researchers would definitely want their piece of scientific immortality, so they most likely would publish their findings.

Only time will tell.

JRSpencer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
The point of this, I thought was the connection to microsingularities, which I didn't see any talk of in my quick scan of that 97 press release. Also, the fact that CERN originally stated they would not be on schedule to bring the LHC online in 2007, which was a major discredit to Titor's story. This new 'cutting of red tape' that was just announced has put it back on schedule. These are pretty big things, in my opinion.[/b]

Thank you. This was the whole purpose of putting the link to that page on the forum. (If you can reach one person...) But, I feel if microsingularities were discovered would they release that information or would it be regarded as "top secret"? Well, those researchers would definitely want their piece of scientific immortality, so they most likely would publish their findings.

Only time will tell.

sinister

Yes that's true, also the circumstances in which CERN operates are, from what I've seen, pretty international. This is a group of scientists from around the world congregating to get this together and basically see what happens. Since the construction of the LHC has been fairly public, I see no reason why their findings would be kept private. Everyone knows when this thing will be coming online, and I'm sure the worldwide science community will be looking very closely at CERN in the next few years. Hopefully, since this is an international group, they'll be well enough away from the censorship of our own government. And ya, if this had all happened within the US, I might worry about all this being kept under wraps, away from us.

sinister

Yes that's true, also the circumstances in which CERN operates are, from what I've seen, pretty international. This is a group of scientists from around the world congregating to get this together and basically see what happens. Since the construction of the LHC has been fairly public, I see no reason why their findings would be kept private. Everyone knows when this thing will be coming online, and I'm sure the worldwide science community will be looking very closely at CERN in the next few years. Hopefully, since this is an international group, they'll be well enough away from the censorship of our own government. And ya, if this had all happened within the US, I might worry about all this being kept under wraps, away from us.

Darkwolf

Hey sinister, its not like our government is the only one that does that.

Darkwolf

Hey sinister, its not like our government is the only one that does that.

sinister

True but I also suspect that whatever comes out of CERN's new project, it will be either nothing, in which case there would be no reason to hide anything, or it would be so important of a physics discovery that there would be no way any one government could keep it contained. As JRSpencer suggested, most scientists would want their names to be associated with research of this magnitude. It's a fair exchange, I think. The public recognizes and applauds the scientific community to their liking, and we get to be updated when big things like this happen. Information for ego inflation?

sinister

True but I also suspect that whatever comes out of CERN's new project, it will be either nothing, in which case there would be no reason to hide anything, or it would be so important of a physics discovery that there would be no way any one government could keep it contained. As JRSpencer suggested, most scientists would want their names to be associated with research of this magnitude. It's a fair exchange, I think. The public recognizes and applauds the scientific community to their liking, and we get to be updated when big things like this happen. Information for ego inflation?