Unidade C204

vocês ainda acreditam no John Titor? A terceira guerra mundial de 2015 não aconteceu graças a diferença da nossa linha do tempo para a dele.

Kairos

Because your people gave me Capoeira..

My answer is: maybe. His story was the only self-consistent and believable time travel story I have encountered. He predicted a lot of the political and social deevolution of the United States that we have seen. He predicted a lot of weird things like YouTube, etc.

Which could have just been great guesses, and not real time travel. I think the true value in John Titor's posts is not so much in debating whether he was a real time traveler but, rather, did the future he describe make sense in terms of what could happen. I think the answer is a definitive yes, and I don't think the United States has averted civil war at all. Civil War 2.0 is ON TRACK.

Unidade C204

também continuo acreditando, vamos ver nos próximos anos se o que ele falou sobre a evolução das pesquisas da CERN a respeito das micro singularidades vai se realizar

Kairos

também continuo acreditando, vamos ver nos próximos anos se o que ele falou sobre a evolução das pesquisas da CERN a respeito das micro singularidades vai se realizar

I think they already did. He wasn't talking about a huge development. It's just a tiny black hole. What I don't understand is how they are supposed to catch it and keep it stable.

Unidade C204

sobre a questão da estabilidade, eu me lembro que ele escreveu algo sobre compressão da radiação e injeção de um fluxo de elétrons

titorite

I think they already did. He wasn't talking about a huge development. It's just a tiny black hole. What I don't understand is how they are supposed to catch it and keep it stable.
Magnetic bottle. Not like an actual bottle.but a.couple of magnetic fields. Sustained and kept from dissipating by feeding it electrons as needed according to the original story.

Kairos

Magnetic bottle. Not like an actual bottle.but a.couple of magnetic fields. Sustained and kept from dissipating by feeding it electrons as needed according to the original story.

I don't understand. Does the micro blackhole have magnetic polarity or something?

Element115

I don't understand. Does the micro blackhole have magnetic polarity or something?
From the way it was described, the black holes functioned as full sized ones and when in proximity to one another would overlap their event horizons and you could manipulate time.

By using two micro-singularities in close proximity to each other, it is possible to create, manipulate and alter the Kerr fields to create a Tipler gravity sinusoid.

This field can be adjusted, rotated and moved in order to simulate the movement of mass through a donut-shaped singularity and into an alternate world line. Thus, safe time travel.

TimeTravel_0 : If you bombard a singularity with electrons...
TimeTravel_0 : you can alter the size of its event horizon.
TimeTravel_0 : and thus its gravitational field.
TimeTravel_0 : By overlapping these fields from two singularities...
TimeTravel_0 : you can travel forward and backward through time.
TimeTravel_0 : Its actually quite simple.
wyrmkin_37 : I follow now
TimeTravel_0 : That's not the hard part.
G° : didn't tipler say there was no event horizon?
TimeTravel_0 : No... he said it was possible to approach a massive gravitational field from certain angles and not get squished.

TimeTravel_0 : Altering gravity is not the hard part.
G° : LOL
Yareisa : go on...
TimeTravel_0 : Detecting gravity is the hard part.
TimeTravel_0 : I will tell you a little story.
TimeTravel_0 : When time travel was invented.
TimeTravel_0 : They built prototypes that would go back in time for a split second and then return.
TimeTravel_0 : They had sensors and cameras on them.
TimeTravel_0 : ...and they never returned.
G° : and forwards as well? how about a single jump forwards?
TimeTravel_0 : It was later discovered that the machines were ending up about 15 miles away and 3000 feet in the air.
TimeTravel_0 : feet
G° : doh!
TimeTravel_0 : The Earth was rotating away from them.
wyrmkin_37 : synchronization please
TimeTravel_0 : A system had to be invented that would "hold" the machine to the Earth.
TimeTravel_0 : Its called VGL.
TimeTravel_0 : Its based on very sensitive clocks and gravity sensors.
TimeTravel_0 : It stops the time distortion machine if radical changes in gravity are detected.
wyrmkin_37 : mechanical or electronic clocks
TimeTravel_0 : You wouldn't want to end up inside a mountain or under water...would you?
TimeTravel_0 : Cesium.
wyrmkin_37 : oh
G° : isn't all this classified? surely your supposed to keep it secret whilst in the past?
TimeTravel_0 : LOL!!!
TimeTravel_0 : I know you think I'm nuts...come on.
TimeTravel_0 : Who would believe me?
G° : just asking?
TimeTravel_0 : It my best defense.
wyrmkin_37 : isn't celsium a higher class of quartz? don't know
G° : but we don't have long to find out if you are or not
TimeTravel_0 : Besides...do you know how big a hole 2 singularities make when their magnetic filed collapses?
G° : won't be long before CERN (?) make the discovery
TimeTravel_0 : That's right.
G° : no
TimeTravel_0 : Welll....either do I. But I don't want to know.

Here's my saucy sauce: John Titor's Time Machine