John Titor's Non-lethal Weapon

Judge Bean

JT's non lethal weopon...

"Non-lethal weapon" is police jargon, not military. The two are starting to get blended more and more, but the class of weapon is designed to take the edge off of both crazy-acting or resistant civilians and the lawsuits the survivors tend to file when you shoot to kill. For all purposes, they are ideal for "crowd control."

August

I really only know of one rule regarding weaponry: once developed, if functional, a weapon always sees its day of use. No weapon has ever not been used...

StarLord

August, don't forget the Russian "Dooms Day" Device that Russia Developed in the 70's. Suposed to end the world wasn't it?. Of course that could have been another red herring type WMD that the 'Commies' were making to use against America.

Yes, thats understood about 'non-lethal' weapons. I was thinking that Sue thought they killed, thus no prisoners to worry about, or did I miss read her post entirely?

True, they could be used quite easily in a situation like that.

Unintentional

The thing with non lethal weopons is that our enemies know we will not hesitate to use it. What is really pointless are the billions (trillions) of dollars of nuclear weopons that our enemies know we will not use and there fore have absolutely no fear of them.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 5 2004, 11:44 PM
The thing with non lethal weopons is that our enemies know we will not hesitate to use it. What is really pointless are the billions (trillions) of dollars of nuclear weopons that our enemies know we will not use and there fore have absolutely no fear of them.

But the rationale behind this type of weapon is not that it would be used on any foreign enemy; various kinds of nonlethal weapons are now used by the police. The enemy is the citizen.

Smooth-Operator

\"Non-lethal weapon\" is police jargon, not military. The two are starting to get blended more and more, but the class of weapon is designed to take the edge off of both crazy-acting or resistant civilians and the lawsuits the survivors tend to file when you shoot to kill. For all purposes, they are ideal for \"crowd control.\"

Hi! I just signed up and normally I would wait a while to get a lay of the land on the forum before posting but this just FASCINATES me.

For a long time I have been wondering about the discount swipe cards everyone (but me) uses at the grocery store, pharmacy, and other retail outlets for discounts. There's a barcode on the back with YOUR info - like address, phone number, etc... This is non lethel AND the Govt. could easily get this info to pick us up if they were so inclined, claiming they are doing it for our security.

Plus it appears on the surface as being perfectly innocent, it takes the edge off, and from the way John was talking, it seemed people were being taken from their homes when least expected.

Maybe I'm crazy, but it makes sense.

Smooth @);-

StarLord

No problem there, most stores will give the card to swipe, And the form to fill out later and then turn in. Just use the card, you get the discounts. Never turn the form in. If it come up that your form never made it to the office, make an excuse, come back to the store the next day and Get A New Card and Form, don't turn that form in. If they have to have something so that you can cash checks, there are ways pass that, you just have to work on that angle. You can enter ANY information you want on a form.

This card is used for demographics / product usage. I suspect that there is a way for a Insurance company or Loan companies to get ahold of your Alcohol purchase per month history and possibly use that information against you. Gee, if a person can come back in time looking for a computer that is supposed to be useful in the future, why then almost anything is believable.

Judge Bean

If you're underage and use a fake ID with a magnetic identifier, does that mean that you are thereafter in fact the fictional person you pretended to be?

StarLord

Only if you got that card on a windy tuesday and there was a white x on the post box

Unintentional

Personally I am not freaked out by debt cards and credit cards and stuff. When the veri-chip becomes free or mandatory, I will be first in line.