Kerry's flip flops

Judge Bean

Kerry's flip flops

Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 25 2004, 01:38 PM
Bush, being able to summon the powers of the demons of hell to perform his satanic work would never allow such a thing to happen as lose the election. Everyone still remembers that he lost Florida and lost the election. Then there was the recount and all black votes were removed from the recount and all of a sudden Bush wins. A republican. It's a miracle. Helps when you know people I guess.
What I don't get is why Republican's are so set in seeing Bush as their guy. This is suppose to be election year. Why does it have to be a forgone conclusion for their party this is the guy? I really liked John McCain.

Well as I said before I will be writing in Howard Dean for this election.

Obviously the country needs a new choice, a third party or no party. Why, if we want a certain candidate, do we have to take the whole whining bunch of the rest of them too?

Here's a good question: which party has the most whiners? Which party stands up on its hind legs and whines and whines the most every time? They compete for the honor, and the marginal parties and candidates are the worst.

StarLord

Kerry's flip flops

Too Bad Frank Zappa is not around, I would vote for him any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

All of you may or may not know about Kerry's Award winning, (cough, cough, hurl chunks), service for our country in Viet Nam. This info comes from military contacts and I doubt they would lie about it knowingly.

Kerry served in Nam. I believe he was in charge of a River Boat. While serving in that position, Kerry was "wounded" incedentally by peices of the boat that hit him after a bullet / bullets passed through the boat's structure. Kerry has never been hit per se, by an actual enemy round. The extent of damage were minor cuts never requiring stitches or down time for the wounds. Yet at each instance, Kerry put in for a Purple Heart and sadly, received one.

Don't get me wrong, I am ALL for awarding a Purple Heart to those that deserve it. Bullet holes, Shrapnel, Mines, Punji Stakes, Grenades, stab wounds, what ever, those are "real wounds" received from the battle field. Bear with me on this, it will make sense towards the end. But minor scratches from boat pcs.??? Gimme a Break!! People that served with him could not understand why he put in for those Purple Hearts for such minor cuts.

So, for each minor band-aid incidence, Kerry received a Purple Heart.

Here It Comes: When Kerry get's his 3rd he USES the little known Naval clause regarding Purple Hearts and gets him self transfered to the rear out of harms way.

There is a little known Naval Regulation that the recipient of 3 Purple Hearts may have the choice of being reassinged to a different posting.

Kerry knew this little known regulation BEFORE his 3rd Purple Heart.

As far as anybody knows, no officer in the Navy has ever invoked this clause to force reassingment to a safer place during a war, except Kerry.

Kerry has proved many years ago that he is a Coward.

He cannot be trusted to keep the USA's interest in the forefront.

He has demonstrated that he will ABUSE and MANIPULATE any system for his own benefit.

Too Bad Frank Zappa isn't here.....

Judge Bean

Kerry's flip flops

I'm all for puncturing these fellows' overinflated balloons, but we shouldn't forget that we not only expect members of the House and Senate to change their positions about momentous events calling for votes, but depend upon them, frequently, to do so.

For example, the majority of Senators in 1964, including McGovern, voted for the Tonkin Gulf Resolution, the official start of the U.S. war in Vietnam. Democratic President Johnson called for the Resolution in a TV address and told the American people that our servicemen had been attacked by Communist North Vietnamese forces; this was untrue. The cause of the war was trumped up, and many Senators are on the record stating that they would not have voted for the Resolution if they had known the truth.

The situation was similar to the one now, in which it emerges that the funding of the war-- really the legal mechanism by which, in the absence of formal declaration, the war against Iraq became legal and official-- was granted by Congress based on falsehood. You cannot say in either case that the particular Senators who voted for war "flipflopped" if they later change their position when the truth comes out.

You can see that the blame for such shameful scandal as an unjust war can be spread equally between the reigning political parties.

CaryP

Kerry's flip flops

All, or almost all politicians "flip-flop" on issues. Ron Paul of Texas is the only exception I know of. Wellstone of Michigan was the other one, before his plane "mysteriously" crashed and killed him. Career politicians are more concerned with getting re-elected than anything else. Look at all the flip-flops by the Bush admin. on reasons why we went to Iraq, invaded a non-threatening country and continue to occupy same. We're being led to the slaughter, and very few sheep are even aware of where we're headed. The govt. has long past the point of "by the people, for the people, and of the people". Sorry if I got the sequence wrong. Vote the incumbants out. Let the bastards find a real job. Leave politics up to non-career politicians who don't have a vested interest in the military-industrial complex.

Cary

HackimerRob

Kerry's flip flops

Platform Comparison Results
I preferred the Democratic stance for 3 issues. Democratic Platform

I preferred the Green stance for 1 issue. Green Platform

I preferred the Libertarian stance for 3 issues. Libertarian Platform.

I preferred the Republican stance for 0 issues. Republican Platform.

ZERO REPUBLICAN ISSUES appealed to me.

CaryP

Kerry's flip flops

You preferred the Democratic stance for 2 issues. Democratic Platform

You preferred the Green stance for 2 issues. Green Platform

You preferred the Libertarian stance for 3 issues. Libertarian Platform.

You preferred the Republican stance for 0 issues. Republican Platform.

Looks like either the Republican party has changed or I have. I think it's the former. I'll be voting Libertarian this fall.

Cary

Unintentional

Kerry's flip flops

Platform Comparison Results
You preferred the Democratic stance for 0 issues. Democratic Platform

You preferred the Green stance for 0 issues. Green Platform

You preferred the Libertarian stance for 3 issues. Libertarian Platform.

You preferred the Republican stance for 4 issues. Republican Platform.

DadOf5

Kerry's flip flops

The highest possible rating is 700.

The highest possible rating, given the importance you assigned each issue, is 350.

You rated the Democratic stances 275. Democratic Platform

You rated the Green stances 195. Green Platform

You rated the Libertarian stances 120. Libertarian Platform.

You rated the Republican stances 270. Republican Platform.

Judge Bean

Kerry's flip flops

Originally posted by The Doctor@Jul 27 2004, 12:55 PM
It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government will always win

"God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion [as the Shay's Rebellion]. The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty?. And what country can preserve it?s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"

Thomas Jefferson, Nov. 13, 1787