Liquid time?

sam mower

Liquid time?

sorry for any spelling errors

In a nuttshell...

Gravity changes/attracts time.

Due to gravity attracting mass and mass only, I assume that time is mass.
Of course we beeing locked in 3rd dimension, can't even start to imagine that, but from logical point of view it makes sence.

Time beeing mass, (if not, just for the sake of an argument) means that, we can liquifie it.

It also means, that it has it's own unique molecular structure and that it, like practically any mass whatsoever, takes a round structure, like a sphere... and being so propably circulates arround the core of the universe.

thoughts? :lol:

CaryP

Re: Liquid time?

Welcome to the plantation sam mower. Interesting perspective you have on liquifying time, but my lack of scientific background leaves me without an intelligent reply. I'm sure there are others here who can offer you some intelligent conversation.

Cary

StarLord

Sam,
That's an interesting Idea. I would have to say the in some shape or form ALL things are linked in some fashion. Too bad Einstein is busy elsewhere as he would love to tackle this I am sure. Perhaps we should try to get Stephen Hawking in on the conversation as what he's forgotten, scares the hell out of me.

Mass and Energy are different expressions of the same basic thing. I am not sure about what the cut off point would be where sufficient mass begins to affect the normal progression of Time. Some of us have heard about the 'Event Horizon', near a Black Hole and time being affected at that spot, but unfortunately that's still theory as we are still waiting for those folks in the Disney movie to get back with their test data.

If I am not mistaken it's Mass of an object that affects space and thus 'gravity'. The more Mass an object has, the more it is able to warp space and the more force of gravity is exerted upon objects near it.

sam mower

I like the idea of having a bottle of time, it would make me like, "a superheroic voodoo master causing disaster".

why does time change around ridiculous gravities and speeds?
is it possible, that time is constant and everything else changes? How does gravity effect time if it has no mass? How does gravity effect light if it has no mass? How does light travel by speed of light if it HAS mass? Do we even exist in our own time?
What is time? Why wouldn't time be made of mass?
Time beeing made of mass, anwsers a hole lot of questions!
We can't see that, we can't prove that!
But then again who are we to prove anything, and also, why should we?

"oh" - time travel! of course!

Matter - Antimatter
Time - Anti time? (solid, liquid, vaperized)?
Gravity - Antigravity!
Singularity - antisingularity?

We know nothing! - we know our little square of theory's, but can only theorise about how rules change outside our solar system.

Antigravity? how? Negatively charged gravitons?
Power of group thoughts? maybe, baby.

Anyways, everything, is made in a round shape, universe, stars, planets, atoms... TIME!!! also, and it hass mass!

have a nice one

StarLord

Lots of questions Sam.

However, I don't think time has mass. Time is a mental concept. It's an illusion that keeps folks from going off the deep end when confronted with eternity. It's a means to insure that specific agreed upon 'moments' of 'time' insure that everyone arrives to work at the same moment. It also keeps one from getting killed when you make arrangements with your sweetheart to meet and spend some of that quality illusion together. Unless you count the grey matter that holds the concept of 'time', time has no mass, not even during your wildest non-waking state of beingness.

WTF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sam mower\")</div>
I like the idea of having a bottle of time, it would make me like, \"a superheroic voodoo master causing disaster\".

why does time change around ridiculous gravities and speeds?
is it possible, that time is constant and everything else changes? How does gravity effect time if it has no mass? How does gravity effect light if it has no mass? How does light travel by speed of light if it HAS mass? Do we even exist in our own time?
What is time? Why wouldn't time be made of mass?
Time beeing made of mass, anwsers a hole lot of questions!
We can't see that, we can't prove that!
But then again who are we to prove anything, and also, why should we?

\"oh\" - time travel! of course!

Matter - Antimatter
Time - Anti time? (solid, liquid, vaperized)?
Gravity - Antigravity!
Singularity - antisingularity?

We know nothing! - we know our little square of theory's, but can only theorise about how rules change outside our solar system.

Antigravity? how? Negatively charged gravitons?
Power of group thoughts? maybe, baby.

Anyways, everything, is made in a round shape, universe, stars, planets, atoms... TIME!!! also, and it hass mass!

have a nice one[/b]

Light does have a very small amount of mass.

All things must be linked in some manner, this I agree with Starlord. As for time having mass, I'm not so sure. Time certainly isn't a liquid, to be a liquid, time would have to be contained and under immense stress from external forces.
Time, however, may be affected by mass... or, maybe time is affected by perception of what it should be.
I tend to think of time as something that's just... everywhere. Anywhere there's life, there's time. Anywhere there's something, there's life. It's all connected. We breath time in... kind of like mana.

sam mower

Of course light has mass! That's why it's so fascinating! This mass can actually move with the speed of light, while it doesn't approach infinity (the mass, I mean).

Light having mass conveniantly explains why it's beeing drawned to the black hole. (gravity)

But why then is time affected by gravity?

explain it to me like i'm a 10 year old. time is not mass, but it act like mass around gravity source... why?

sam mower

I mean, is it possible... In your wildest dreams! that maybe, we do not know enough to say... that just maybe - time COULD be made of mass?

WTF

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sam mower\")</div>
I mean, is it possible... In your wildest dreams! that maybe, we do not know enough to say... that just maybe - time COULD be made of mass?[/b]

Anything IS possible!