Lovin' Country Life

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'd say just stay away from those ponds if I was worried honestly, it's not like gators range for miles overland lol. Except when they sense there's a florida swimming pool they could get to.

The babies are no threat to us. Mama isn't around. Mama leaves after about 1 year. And the key is not to go to the edge, anyway. It's really easy to be one with nature with basic respect and not doing anything stupid like swimming in the ponds. Our ponds are low right now. Need rain, so we are a good distance from the water.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
A gator can leave the water and attack anything in sight on land if its hungry, then drag it down to the water and drown it, and finally eat it....That includes Humans as well Paula!

Gators stalk from water not from land. I am a few feet above the water. Besides, these are babies.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Last night something spooked the cats on the patio. :ROFLMAO: One of my cats was growling and they all came running in with poofy tails. We do have bears (we have the poo as evidence), but I suspect raccoons after the cat food!

TimeFlipper

Last night something spooked the cats on the patio. :ROFLMAO: One of my cats was growling and they all came running in with poofy tails. We do have bears (we have the poo as evidence), but I suspect raccoons after the cat food!

Yeah Paula, Rocky Racoon is a cat food predator :LOL:..

Wind7

Staff
Good for you, Paula!!

Love the pictures, especially the ones showing the mist rising.

Reminds me of the old days of where I live...before urban sprawl took nature by surprise.

Living where you do now must seem so much more relaxed.

I personally never liked 'urbania'.