Lyssa

Jhani

Re: Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lyssa\")</div>
I am afraid that will not be possible. We did however consider such a plan, but there is a probem. The doctors have explained in our briefing that the source of the male disease is a prion that attaches itself to the Y chromosome. They have developed a way to prevent this but it must be done to the fetus. You would not be able to avoid the prion in our time.[/b]

What approximately is the male to female ratio in your time?

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Buggy\")</div>
So what year is it that you come from? What year is time travel discovered, successfully tested, and put into service?[/b]

It is 2281. Most of the major advances came in the last forty years and succesful testing in late 2270's. However, I must emphasize that success is not assured. There is a chance we will be stuck here or even killed upon our attempted return.

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Jhani\")</div>
What approximately is the male to female ratio in your time?[/b]

Sadly, there are no males. But we will be reintroducing them soon!

Buggy

Why is there a need for males if you can already reproduce without them? And how do you reproduce without the chance of the offspring being male?

Lyssa

Why is there a need for males if you can already reproduce without them? And how do you reproduce without the chance of the offspring being male?[/b]

The procedure for reproducing in a complicated process that requires a lab, many technicians and geneticist. Natural reproduction would be far more desirable. When we began the research, our goal was to save our men and boys, and we remain committed to that goal. We are quite fond of you, and long for your return.

The technical process requires to women to volunteer to be mothers. Ova are removed from both and undergo mitosis in the lab. Then genetic half of the genetic material is taken from each mother and combined in a single egg to produce a genetically unique daughter. The egg can then be implanted into one of the mothers and carried to term.

Jhani

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lyssa\")</div>
I have come from July,7 2281. I am here for only three weeks. I am here to observe the behavior of males in this time to prepare a report on their reintroduction to our society.[/b]

Here, I can help you with your reintroduction of males in your society. First, you need to make sure you have the following things:

1. Some sporting event to show on Sundays.
2. Beer and chips.
3. Video Games
4. Wrestling (or maybe the WWE is still around? I doubt it if it's all women)

It is very important that you have these 4 items ready to go before introducing males into your society. If you don't have them, they may be prone to depression which could lead to them seeking another mate.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Marc

Lyssa

AND how long have you had no males?[/b]

The last natural males passed over 100 years ago, but their numbers were greatly reduced well before then. There have been some males produced by researchers since that time, but they never live long.

Buggy

Why is there a need for males if you can already reproduce without them? And how do you reproduce without the chance of the offspring being male?[/b]

But there would be at least a 49% chance that it would be male, isn't there?

Lyssa

Here, I can help you with your reintroduction of males in your society. First, you need to make sure you have the following things:

1. Some sporting event to show on Sundays.
2. Beer and chips.
3. Video Games
4. Wrestling (or maybe the WWE is still around? I doubt it if it's all women)

It is very important that you have these 4 items ready to go before introducing males into your society. If you don't have them, they may be prone to depression which could lead to them seeking another mate.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Marc[/b]

Ah, the male sense of humor, I love it. And your competitive nature. I too, will enjoy the day that we can see males compete in sports again.