Mandela Effect - WTF does it mean?

Snow

Hi, @Monica Brennan! I still look at the Mandela Effect every day, trying to understand what is going on. I don't watch the new videos that keep coming up with more and more instances of the phenomenon, mainly because I'm a now in the position of not noticing or being able to confirm most of the new effects - especially all the logo stuff. I have to come to think that some of it is just hype and trying to build youtube channels by latching on to the fastest trending topics, which does not help the discovery process at all. Now I'm simply trying to understand the how and why of it.

As a physics lecturer, what do you think is going on? What branch of physics is your forte? Do you participate in physics research at your University? Since physics is your thing, I love to hear your take on the Mandela Effect from a scientific perspective.

Monica Brannan

Hi, @Monica Brennan! I still look at the Mandela Effect every day, trying to understand what is going on. I don't watch the new videos that keep coming up with more and more instances of the phenomenon, mainly because I'm a now in the position of not noticing or being able to confirm most of the new effects - especially all the logo stuff. I have to come to think that some of it is just hype and trying to build youtube channels by latching on to the fastest trending topics, which does not help the discovery process at all. Now I'm simply trying to understand the how and why of it.

As a physics lecturer, what do you think is going on? What branch of physics is your forte? Do you participate in physics research at your University? Since physics is your thing, I love to hear your take on the Mandela Effect from a scientific perspective.
Sorry for the late reply. We look at mainly Einstein and Newton's theories in physics. I think that the Mandela effect is a big possibilty, especially with String Theory.

Snow

Now this here one, it's a bunch of hooey!!

The only good news, the story has motivated the department of psychology at University in the video to study why so many have the exact SAME "false memory". Yeah guys, get right on that!

jcolanzi

Consider that maybe there are a large number of parallel timelines that we trans-locate to with every decision we make. Not all the timelines are identical.

Einstein that correlates with a theory I just read.

The people who remember an alternate version have switched timelines, while those who don't remember are have not.

I have no idea if that's true, but it's plausible as any others.

Cynthia Sue Larson has a book called,"Reality Shifts," which tells about people who've had everyday shits in their reality.

The book shows that reality may not be as fixed as we think.

jcolanzi

I enjoy her site.

Many things I dismissed until I started reading her blog.

Things would happen and I thought I was just imaging why.

Then after reading her blog, I realized that I wasn't making up a reason, there was verification.

Monica Brannan

I enjoy her site.

Many things I dismissed until I started reading her blog.

Things would happen and I thought I was just imaging why.

Then after reading her blog, I realized that I wasn't making up a reason, there was verification.
Can you give an example of your reality shifts?

Last edited:

jcolanzi

I've often lost track of time in the past. I'd remember beginning driving and then I'd be at my destination, not remembering the drive.

Recently I've had encounters that were the same as ones I had over ten years ago. In each one the people seemed to be the sames ones and the conversations the same. They even occurred in the exact same locations.

The oddest part is the people involved in these encounters, seemed to be the same age as the actual encounter.

I think it all started when I was young, I was a sleep walker. I never knew about it until one day my mother told me about it.

She said she would have to watch me, because I would roam in the middle of the night and hold whole conversations and I never even new it was happening.