Meditation routines when going to bed

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey everyone,

I find myself having trouble sleeping right now. Honestly, nothing in particular troubles me as far as I know. Nothing keeps me awake at night, so to speak...

No matter how tired I am, I'm unable to fall asleep quickly. Or to stay asleep long enough to recover properly.

My mind starts racing about random things, I feel tense and stuff. The things I think about are tiny, stupid and random and don't make any sense. Yet, all put together, they keep me awake and make me tense. Sigh.

Do you have any kind of meditation routine I could go through when lying in bed? What's yours?

Thanks.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
White/pink/brown noise helped me for a while, there's some good free apps that do that sort of thing.

There was a time when I'd lie down and my mind would be racing, thinking of all the things I wanted to do or would do or what might happen the next day... Noting I was scared or worried about, just my mind going full speed at midnight with no sign of slowing down. Somehting I learned to do was let my mind race, but try to speed it up and look at it like you're flipping through channels on a TV really fast. Like Hamm did in Toy Story 2, LOL.

Let the flashes of images and thoughts come as fast as you can manage it, and after a while, you catch a glimpse of something that takes your mind on a tangent. That tangent eventually seemed to carry off to things that AREN'T real, some kind of half dream state that seemed to help me find an anchor point and finally fall asleep. I might not be explaining that very well, but something to consider.

Another method I used to really like was the Calm app, listening to their guided meditations. The ones where they tell you to start with your toes and then your feet and then your legs and all that stuff. If you truly focus on it, and follow what they say with the mindset that you WANT to relax, it definitely helps.

Lately though, I just have two fingers of rum and put on some Harvey Denttt on Twirch:

Listening to Harvey do the old lady voice and troll an Indian scammer immerses my brain and takes my mind of anything else that happened that day. The rum makes me feel nice and relaxed on top of that, so I zonk out within half an hour at most. I get a lot of replay value out of those streams because I never hear very much of it. Doesn't have to be Harvey, anything that doesn't require you to think would work.

8thsinner

Hey everyone,

I find myself having trouble sleeping right now. Honestly, nothing in particular troubles me as far as I know. Nothing keeps me awake at night, so to speak...

No matter how tired I am, I'm unable to fall asleep quickly. Or to stay asleep long enough to recover properly.

My mind starts racing about random things, I feel tense and stuff. The things I think about are tiny, stupid and random and don't make any sense. Yet, all put together, they keep me awake and make me tense. Sigh.

Do you have any kind of meditation routine I could go through when lying in bed? What's yours?

Thanks.
I'm using an orgonite puck to open up my third eye more these days, sometimes that takes me to see other things but it also settles the brain a bit more too. takes your brainwaves closer to the trance state so when you come out of it you're very close to sleeping anyway. Works for me as long as there is no external noises keeping me up.

Other things I've used before with success, sleeping with flourite, some prefer howlite, pick either or with your intuition...
Lavendar pillows. Or lavendar baths and lavendar pillows.
Binaurals and isochronics for chakra alignments...Handpan music is nice at times to relax me too.
And then sometimes when I figure it doesn't matter, I will just get up and work on some creative project.

Grounding also helps, when your brain is full of purple, fill your body with red to bring the energies into balance, baths, qi gong, squats, feet on soil etc...reconnect to the body and bring the centre of your energies to the heart cause above and below the heart act as mirrors in a lot of ways. The top and the bottom need balance.

Beholder

No food, sugar, caffeine nor strong light before bedtime. Exercise if your body is restless. Keep the room a bit cold. Turn off internet on your phone, and place it out of reach. Read Necronomicon until you feel sleepy. Feel the Beholder watching over you as you sleep, muhahaha!

james

Hello Num7, my trick for defeating insomnia is this. Visualize flying to a place you know, low enough to be among the things you see. Go further each night, but always fly the same route. See the sameness until you enter new areas, then try to take in the new surroundings. I am usually under in minutes. I hope this helps.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thanks you guys, I'm going to try a little of all these ideas.

I especially like the idea of visualizing that I'm flying low.

Also, as Cosmo said, sometimes your mind can race and go nuts until what you think about no longer makes sense. Then you fall asleep. I think I've done it a couple of times before, but sometimes it takes a while. Worth a shot.

I try not to eat sugar at night, so I think I'm pretty ok here. I think my routine should be okay.

I'm also going to order lavender oil capsules, and ashwagandha capsules. Heard both are pretty good to calm you down.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the suggestions. :)

8thsinner

Thanks you guys, I'm going to try a little of all these ideas.

I especially like the idea of visualizing that I'm flying low.

Also, as Cosmo said, sometimes your mind can race and go nuts until what you think about no longer makes sense. Then you fall asleep. I think I've done it a couple of times before, but sometimes it takes a while. Worth a shot.

I try not to eat sugar at night, so I think I'm pretty ok here. I think my routine should be okay.

I'm also going to order lavender oil capsules, and ashwagandha capsules. Heard both are pretty good to calm you down.

I'll keep you posted. Thank you for the suggestions. :)
If you want it in oil form just go for pure 100% essential oil. But the best way to use lavendar in my opinion is to pick it fresh from your environment, then let it dry hanging up in a mesh bag. Then use those little mesh crystal holding bags to make the pillows out off. When you want it to give off a scent, just squeeze it. It lasts a long time this way.

Ashwaganda is a good one too for balancing because it's an adaptogen, like several others which may be cheaper and or local enough to pick fresh. Garlic is a mild adaptogen too but more for blood pressure and regulation.

steven chiverton

easy fix put a fan on blowing into your face and a pillow between your knees and with your legs straight and 2 feet together open and close your feet in a way it looks like a pair of sizzers opening and closing keep doing that till you drop off to sleep , with the feet movement what your doing is expelling the energy from the feet area and thus help you to sleep to . the pillow between your knees helps to elevate the area so you can feel more comftable than having your bony knees together

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Hey everyone,

Thanks.

I create a movie in my head every night and it usually only lasts 5 minutes now. It gets your mind off everything real.

These sound silly, but they're not supposed to be serious.

Sometimes I imagine living in a walking dead situation, surrounded by a wall, and I day dream about the various things I'd be doing and people I come cross. I make it up in my head. Next thing you know, zonk. You're out. Once I started doing this, I never had a sleep problem again. You have to pick something that won't upset or worry you. Like, pretend you're living on the Starship Enterprise, have yourself be friends with the crew, etc. I KNOW it sounds dumb, but you won't be thinking about real life or your problems!!! Maybe a walk on the beach with nobody around? Living on an island.......

Try it!!

Also, make your house cold and bundle up under covers. I learned it from nurses concerning my babies. It works with adults, too.

MODAT7

I create a movie in my head every night and it usually only lasts 5 minutes now. It gets your mind off everything real.
Gotta be careful with this one. I have 4 series with multiple seasons each. (I didn't like how the stories were going in real life, so I rebooted them.) Now I can get so involved that it keeps me up. :-/

Maybe a walk on the beach with nobody around? Living on an island.......
This one is safer. A hammock between the palm trees listening to the surf. A cabin on a mountain top is also a good choice.

Right now the city is tearing up all the roads in my neighborhood... so badly that the house just started shaking... check that... the entire neighborhood. This is probably a manmade magnitude 2. I don't know how to sleep through this.