Mike Ruppert speaks of civil war!

Cornelia

I'm sure most of you know Mike Ruppert, the former FBI agent, and his site From The Wilderness where he investigates CIA and the US govt. His site usually get loads of hits and he's an highly respected voice.
Well, his first article after the elections speaks loudly about a civil war coming:
http://www.copvcia.com/free/ww3/110504_snap_out.shtml

Excerpts:
"(...) Those on the left, as well as those conservative and libertarian voices who wanted to return a degree of sanity to the Republican party, will have to admit that America is not America anymore.
We are living in a foreign land; a nation that is behaving like our enemy; a nation which has weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
This nation is so deeply divided that the words "civil war" stand for a possibility that is no longer remote. Next year, even the next few months, will reveal these deep and irreconcilable divisions."
And:
"Perhaps out of fear, perhaps out of prudence, I have been told that some activists and whistleblowers are planning on leaving the country in short order. A thought I have seen circulate in discussions since the election is that many well-known activists and whistleblowers think it wise to run before Dick Cheney and Karl Rove get their legs and start hunting us down, one by one."

pauli

Sigh...

To this, Cornelia, I would have to say that the Paranoids and the paranoia of the political left is what will drive us over the edge. If a war breaks out, it will be because too many conspiracy theorists on the left have decided to attack and will bring the very thing they fear down on their own heads - and the heads of the rest of us.

G-d save us all!

Timescholar

On Fox or MSNBC this morning, they hinted at civil war - one of the reporters was talking about the quote, "A country devided can't stand". I didn't catch the whole thing though. But, the subtitle on the screen was, "Blue vs. Red". (a paradoy to Blue vs. Grey)

Darkwolf

Originally posted by pauli@Nov 7 2004, 07:49 PM
Sigh...

To this, Cornelia, I would have to say that the Paranoids and the paranoia of the political left is what will drive us over the edge. If a war breaks out, it will be because too many conspiracy theorists on the left have decided to attack and will bring the very thing they fear down on their own heads - and the heads of the rest of us.

G-d save us all!

Well, the lefties may start it, then run whining to the rural conservatives and militiamen.

pauli

Well, the lefties may start it, then run whining to the rural conservatives and militiamen.

Hi Darkwolf,

I hope I am interpreting what you said here correctly. Actually, sorry for the last posting, but I am beginning to get angry over the whole "we are moving toward a Civil War dialogue." I suppose it is because, it seems, there are people out there that are not only saying we are going to have one, but they actually want one. This is the part of the whole Titor thing that grates on me. On the one hand, I can see that people can become really stupid and start something that will take on a life of it's own. On the other, I wonder if it is really wise for us to linger over the idea of Civil War breaking out as a far-gone conclusion. We could all bring a disaster on our heads if we are not careful.

There is a saying that my brother said about marriage that kind of applies here: "It takes two people to make a marriage, but one to make a divorce." And maybe that also applies in political terms. If we continue to talk about such things in this fired-up way one side, or the other, is going to move for the divorce - to the detriment of all.

:angry: I guess I am just feeling a bit out of sorts here. :unsure:

Sorry Cornelia, I took us off on a detour. Let's get back to the topic at hand.

CaryP

Sigh...

Well keep sighing pauli,

Not everybody who can see a strong possibility of a civil war developing here is paranoid or "left". Do you know Michael Ruppert's political leanings? Do you think he's some fool, or have you checked out his credentials? Have you read his book (Crossing the Rubicon), or any excerpts from it? Have you even read his freakin' speech to the Common Wealth club from the past couple of months? Have you checked out the painstaking research and detail he went into to document his claims? I doubt it.

Your response is the standard of the the sheeple who don't want their apple cart upset. If anyone voices anything other than the pablum that the national media is feeding us, it must be some left wing, commie, pinko, lesbian, conspiracy nut job rantings. Paint 'em with all the "bad names" in a true McCarthy era smear campaign. That way they'll hopefully be silenced, and go away, so the sheeple can continue to graze in the pastures of consumerism, blind and anesthetised to what's really going on.

Now, I'd rather avoid civil war, and I'm not hoping for one. But when the govt. stops being of, for and by the people, we as citizens have the Constitutional right to change it. Of course, the federal govt. has become the oppressor rather than the servant it was intended to be. It won't give up its position of power willingly. Would you be willing to stand up to an oppressive govt.? I'm bettin' you'd have come down on the side of the loyalists to the crown in the American Revolution. Good for you.

Just don't come around here spewing the standard "bad words" the govt. is glad you're spewing when some voice speaks out about what is obvious to some, and totally unseen and unwanted by others. Yeah, you're entitled to your opinion. You might want to get more informed before you roll out some standard slurs to those whose opinions you'd rather not be aware of. There ain't no boogey man out there. There are some real dangerous types out there, and they ain't the people speaking out like Michael Ruppert. He's one of the "good guys" from my perspective. Dismissing Ruppert and those like him with standard "those crazy trouble maker" insults will not make them go away. It only empowers those in power to maintain their control. Being a govt. tool ain't the patriotic thing it's painted out to be.

Cary

P.S. Timesholar,

\"A country devided can't stand\".

Lincoln is quoted with "A house divided against itself cannot stand" or very close to that. I'm sure a quick google search can give you an exact quote, if you're interested.

sinister

Look, here is my take on this. I can't say that I look want or look forward to any kind of civil war, in any shape or form. If all of this John Titor stuff is right, a lot of people will die. At the same time though, Titor talks about the society that comes after as a great, more peaceful thing. That being said, this country needs a change. It doesn't matter what shape it comes in, civil war or not, but something very drastic has to change. I would rather see civil war ending in a society at peace than what is going on continuing. Even if nothing happens, and things go as they have been, I think everyone will be worse off. No good can come of where things are heading, and I firmly think that somethinb big needs to happen for things to change. People can't be quiet and just take it, we already did that four years ago. Things are much worse now, and I don't think people want to take it. Whatever happens, civil war or nuclear war, this country deserves it. This country needs a wake up call, and despite what we all hope won't happen, I think we'll be getting one.

Darkwolf

There is a saying that my brother said about marriage that kind of applies here: \"It takes two people to make a marriage, but one to make a divorce.\" And maybe that also applies in political terms. If we continue to talk about such things in this fired-up way one side, or the other, is going to move for the divorce - to the detriment of all.

Well, if you're going with that analogy, I'd say that it would be bad advice to tell the abused and hypercontrolled spouse not to make a divorce. Since the only place this particular couple can get marrige counceling would be the UN, I'd say let what happens happen. I'd rather avoid it too, ten years of crawling around in the woods doesn't really appeal to me, but then neither does having to use 1984 as a civics text.

Phil

Judge Bean

Originally posted by pauli@Nov 8 2004, 09:50 AM

....I am beginning to get angry over the whole "we are moving toward a Civil War dialogue." I suppose it is because, it seems, there are people out there that are not only saying we are going to have one, but they actually want one. This is the part of the whole Titor thing that grates on me. On the one hand, I can see that people can become really stupid and start something that will take on a life of it's own. On the other, I wonder if it is really wise for us to linger over the idea of Civil War breaking out as a far-gone conclusion. We could all bring a disaster on our heads if we are not careful.

It's true that the conflict as it is apparently developing pits "left" against "right" Americans, but this is because we have allowed ourselves to be propagandized by the politicians into dividing ourselves this way. There is no "cultural war;" there is no "us and them." Most of the people who voted for Bush will not support him for five minutes if he gets into "moral" trouble-- or, I should say, if it ever gets widely known just how "immoral" the current administration is top to bottom.

The most countrified Constitutionalists will run across the meadow into the arms of the running Liberal secular humanists, and Karl Rove and Dick Cheney will never know what hit them.

But look here: violent revolution would be the final insult of the succession of criminal regimes running this country since the end of WWII. I draw the line just there, not because they were decent leaders before then, but because that's when we can clearly see the beginning of the end of our fledgling democratic experiment.

It is as though they were to say to us: OK, you want reform, you can have it, but you must pay for it in blood.

This is only one of the things wrong with contemplating violence against the government. We have the right to overthrow the government peacefully. If it refuses to leave peacefully, after every effort has been conscientiously made to do our duty and exact justice, then the words and the operation of law will end and the sun will set on us.

We are here talking. As long as we keep the words going, and try to get them in the same general direction, I think we will be safe.

dissdnt

Has anyone read Crossing The Rubicon? Im really interested in hearing what people think of his book.

Thinking more and more about civil war in American at our current state I don't seem becomming a reality. A lot of things have to fall into place. I have a feeling a possible terrorist attack either fabricated or real will cause a draft in America, which might set the fire. Econimic crisis as well as the possible fraud of the past election...

I have so much faith in our citizens. When 9/11 happened it was amazing to see how people came together, how they debated in the streets of NYC. And when the black outs happened everyone was cool and smiles and there was no voilence.

I have a feeling that a calm comes over people when they are together in there communities. And I have a feeling that unitity will triumph over voilence.

I seriously could see a day where 10's of millions are standing in Washington...just standing together...it really is that simple..