minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Darkwolf

Re: Waco-Type events (Reloaded)

We must protect our schools from those terroristic necromancers who would overrun them with zombies. What the Hell?

Well, that's one way to get the military to turn their backs on the government

Yeagh, millions of ex and current marines are no one you want as enemies. If they exicute him, I would be shocked if there was no retaliation.

K@t 5

Does this mean that my copy of Resident Evil and Disturbing Behavior make me a target for over-zealous law enforcement (no offence Darkwolf)? Are we going to start seeing directors and actors arrested because they write the plot of a movie down, or are in possession of a script? Does this also mean that the book burnings aren't too far behind again, and are the authors being warned to harness their imaginations?

So much for creativity in schools...dark ages indeed.

Darkwolf

So much for creativity in schools...dark ages indeed.

That went out at least in the nineties. I got in trouble (not legal) for a couple of the things I wrote fiction wise, and at least monthly for my opinion column. Not to mention after columbine, I was contacted by LEOs even though I'd graduated a couple of years before.

K@t 5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
That went out at least in the nineties. I got in trouble (not legal) for a couple of the things I wrote fiction wise, and at least monthly for my opinion column. Not to mention after columbine, I was contacted by LEOs even though I'd graduated a couple of years before.[/b]
Somehow or another, I managed to stay out of trouble for the things I wrote in school...then again, I am originally from California (damn liberal yuppies...oh, wait, I'm one of them). Of course, you know that whatever you wrote in high school had extreme bearing on what happened at Colombine...you should be ashamed of yourself. :dry:

Then again, creative writing does require creative thinking which leads to the nasty practice of speaking out against that which bothers a person...which, in today's society is a practice that is wholeheartedly scorned. Anyone want to knit a wool sweater for me?

Darkwolf

Somehow or another, I managed to stay out of trouble for the things I wrote in school...then again, I am originally from California (damn liberal yuppies...oh, wait, I'm one of them). Of course, you know that whatever you wrote in high school had extreme bearing on what happened at Colombine...you should be ashamed of yourself.
dry.gif

Well, the educators at my school were extremely liberal. I'm not, that was the problem. Somehow they equated my belief in the second ammendment as a threat to shoot up the school. My vehement opposition to "hate speech" legislation as support of Nazi groups ideals rather than just their rights. My analisis of the LA riots, and the OJ verdict put me in the catagory of an unrepentant racist. You know, I broke the PC barrier at every oppurtunity.

K@t 5

Well, the educators at my school were extremely liberal. I'm not, that was the problem. Somehow they equated my belief in the second ammendment as a threat to shoot up the school. My vehement opposition to \"hate speech\" legislation as support of Nazi groups ideals rather than just their rights. My analisis of the LA riots, and the OJ verdict put me in the catagory of an unrepentant racist. You know, I broke the PC barrier at every oppurtunity.[/b]
Which, of course, made sure that you had a direct ability to confuse those poor children who shot up their school at your bidding....whatever happened to someone taking the heat for their own decisions? Why do we always have to put if off on someone else?

Darkwolf

whatever happened to someone taking the heat for their own decisions? Why do we always have to put if off on someone else?

Well, I can rant about that all day, but it breaks down simply. Our socioty has become one of entitlement and blame rather than responsibility. Many people feel that they have a right to a certian quality of life. When these people feel that they have been denied their entitlement, they feel that they have the right to do whatever it takes to get it from their "opressors". When they are caught doing this, they blame the person that they stole from or hurt. It doesn't occur to them that that person may have earned it by working harder, being more diciplined, or whatever. This is most evident today in race relations, but it shows itself in many facets of socioty. The second part of that is the diseaseafying of bad behavior. Due to the psychological profession, problem children today are seen as victems of the disorder of the week rather than kids who have done wrong. They are coddled, and fed drugs instead of punished for their bad behavior.

StarLord

Now, this is waco like. That is to say the government's treatment of this marine, not the fact that he shot those guys.
http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20050215-09...91407-8035r.htm[/b]

You know as do I, all this depends on what really happened. I would be very interested on seeing the Official information direct from Jireen Central, if it is ever released.

Darkwolf

At worst it was a trigger twitch AKA startle response. Not a good thing, but the stress those guys are under will bring that on. If that is the case its unfortunate, but not murder. It is of note that the house that the two subjects were coming out of did in fact contain a bomb factory. In this situation, I don't think charging the guy with murder is fair at all. Also think of this, how many of our soldiers will now die beacause they had this in their minds, and hesitated.

CaryP

At worst it was a trigger twitch AKA startle response. Not a good thing, but the stress those guys are under will bring that on. If that is the case its unfortunate, but not murder. It is of note that the house that the two subjects were coming out of did in fact contain a bomb factory. In this situation, I don't think charging the guy with murder is fair at all. Also think of this, how many of our soldiers will now die beacause they had this in their minds, and hesitated.[/b]

Phil,

I'm with you all the way here. Stuff happens in war, especially in a combat zone. Trigger twitch or not, this guy ain't guilty of jack, except being in a place that he's been ordered to, and being battle weary. The whole thing is just circus for the crowds. "Let's placate some of the anti-war types, and sacrifice up a grunt." Same with the torture scandal. Instead of heads rolling at the white house and upper military brass for the systematic endorsement of torture, send a couple dozen grunts to the sacrificial pyre. The hell isn't most of the Bush admin. on trial for war crimes, and crimes against humanity? Makes me sick that those used as pawns in this big game are taking all the heat for the nefarious plans of the PTB. Okay, short rant over. Jesus, why can't we just reach out and punch some of these jag-offs?

Cary