minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Judge Bean

A compendium of Bushisms? Why would that bother him? He's got nothing to hide, right? Simple restatement of facts.

As they tell my clients: If you've done nothing wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.

Bitter irony of the day: In a nation founded partly on the principle of the free exchange of political opinion, a partisan document is facing censorship as a threat to the democratic process.

[Click here to download the sluggish whirring sound of Our Four Fathers turning in their graves.]

Crying cowboy moment: Nevada rancher's got to give his maiden name to the shirif! Dadburnit.

In my town, the antiwar group was infiltrated by a Sheriff deputy working undercover-- including using an assumed name.

HackimerRob

another WACO EVENT!

http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/crime.../features/9269/

The Siege of Fulton Avenue
Just after midnight, Rye police arrived to bust a house full of partying teenagers. The kids refused to unlock the door, and parents and cops flooded the street. A minute-by-minute account of the standoff.

They stayed in there for three hours!

?I am perplexed as to why American citizens, regardless of their age, who have the education and wherewithal to assert their constitutional rights not to have officers of the state enter a private residence without a warrant, would be uniformly described in your May 14 news article . . . as ?arrogant,? ?stupid,? ?nervy,? ?brazen? and ?audacious.? I have another word for it: patriotic.??Michael J.Z. Mannheimer, a criminal-defense lawyer, in a letter to the Times, May 20, 2004

Unintentional

Since Michael Moore personally gave me permission to give out as many copies of Bowling For Columbine as I could, do you think I have his permission to hand out copies of Farenheit 911? :huh: No I don't have a copy yet. :( (as of June 24, 2004). I haven't even seen it yet. But I will. I have seen all his films. If it is a Bush bash film I hope to god it is not as boring as that film they showed at those moveon.org rallies. Anyone want a copy of that snoozer? I don't think it is copywrited.

bluerosesmall.jpg

Time Travel Forum

HackimerRob

John, did you meet Michael Moore or do you know him? I think he wouldn't care if you bootlegged and shared any of his films. I'm not a HUGE Moore fan, and tend to believe the negative hype about him (money grubbing, rude to his employees and underlings...etc.) but only inasmuch as I believe the negative hype about dubya or bubba.
- Hey, maybe they should make a new kind of gum, bipartisan chew, call it Dubya Bubba.

*throws arms over head to prevent getting whacked because of bad joke.

Unintentional

We were in a group he was addressing and he said, "I personally give all of you permission to copy this file and hand it out to as many people as possible." Probly about a year ago. About a month after his film came out on video.

I personally don't see what people have against him. What has he filmed that wasn't true? He is a documentor. He makes documentories. He documents things.

bluerosesmall.jpg

Time Travel Forum

August

Hack,

Great article. Thank you. I missed this one completely. The stand-off lacks the key elements of a Waco-type event: guns, a constitutionally-informed leader, months, and deaths. But...

Still it makes me think about history, and the internet, and the future.

Historians cite Brown's insurrection at Harper's Ferry as one of the milestones on the road to civil war in America. Of course, if we were sent back to sit at a public house in 1859 and someone said to us, "Brown is a troublemaker and his army of 21 men is insignificant in this great country" we would have a completely different take on that insurrection and could share it. It was a symptom of something much larger going on under the surface.

Now this Rye party is not a Harper's Ferry of course. But it may be a symptom of something much larger. I would love know some of the "true" thoughts among both sides that night--the type of thoughts you don't share with a reporter. It was a close call on many different levels I am sure. If the students were just one notch lower in social class, for instance, it would have been a different story. Our 1% divergence. :lol:

The internet and the subsequent Titor event have blessed and cursed us. We may have an unprecedented "Heads up" or we may just be fools. These days I suffer from Sherlock Holmes syndrome. When the inspector asks Holmes how he stumbled upon a piece of evidence out in the field, Holmes responds,

I only saw it because I was looking for it.

I think it is time for a few quotes from the Titor event. This I guess reminds me why I am here posting. It also defends my "Holmes Flaw" for now. I did a search through the thread for the word "surprise" looking for one specific quote. The others are quite good as well.

The "pattern" of exchange in the war will not be a surprise. Many people will perish as a result of starvation and disease. I would also submit that you already know if you're safe or not. The trick is to not turn off your fear when you'll need it the most.

It is important that they be a surprise. Perhaps you are familiar with the story of the Red Sea and the Egyptians? I never got this reference. If he had said Lawerence of Arabia, well then...

I remember the exact date [of the start of the civil war]. When it comes, it will not be a surprise.

I don't believe that knowing a possible future makes it happen. You are capable of changing your worldline for the better right now. None of the things I have said will be a surprise. They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?

Ok Pope Paul. Mass has come to an end. :D'oh!:

Judge Bean

Originally posted by August@Jun 25 2004, 03:04 PM
Hack,

Great article. Thank you. I missed this one completely. The stand-off lacks the key elements of a Waco-type event: guns, a constitutionally-informed leader, months, and deaths. But...

Still it makes me think about history, and the internet, and the future.

Historians cite Brown's insurrection at Harper's Ferry as one of the milestones on the road to civil war in America. Of course, if we were sent back to sit at a public house in 1859 and someone said to us, \"Brown is a troublemaker and his army of 21 men is insignificant in this great country\" we would have a completely different take on that insurrection and could share it. It was a symptom of something much larger going on under the surface.

Now this Rye party is not a Harper's Ferry of course. But it may be a symptom of something much larger. I would love know some of the \"true\" thoughts among both sides that night--the type of thoughts you don't share with a reporter. It was a close call on many different levels I am sure. If the students were just one notch lower in social class, for instance, it would have been a different story. Our 1% divergence. ?:lol:

The internet and the subsequent Titor event have blessed and cursed us. We may have an unprecedented \"Heads up\" or we may just be fools. These days I suffer from Sherlock Holmes syndrome. When the inspector asks Holmes how he stumbled upon a piece of evidence out in the field, Holmes responds,

I only saw it because I was looking for it.

I think it is time for a few quotes from the Titor event. This I guess reminds me why I am here posting. It also defends my \"Holmes Flaw\" for now. I did a search through the thread for the word \"surprise\" looking for one specific quote. The others are quite good as well.

The \"pattern\" of exchange in the war will not be a surprise. Many people will perish as a result of starvation and disease. I would also submit that you already know if you're safe or not. The trick is to not turn off your fear when you'll need it the most.

It is important that they be a surprise. Perhaps you are familiar with the story of the Red Sea and the Egyptians? I never got this reference. If he had said Lawerence of Arabia, well then...

I remember the exact date [of the start of the civil war]. When it comes, it will not be a surprise.

I don't believe that knowing a possible future makes it happen. You are capable of changing your worldline for the better right now. None of the things I have said will be a surprise. They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?

Ok Pope Paul. Mass has come to an end. ?:D'oh!:
I guess you would have found "October Surprise" then, if he'd mentioned it.

I remember the Iraq nuke quote as being one of the most bonechilling.

The police raid is Waco in spirit, and probably qualifies for notice. The truth is, though, that any city of a certain size is going to have such incidents fairly often. The frequency of their occurrence, by itself, should qualify as "Waco type," if the rate increases.

Is there an internet site that collects reports of these incidents?

HackimerRob

august wrote
Now this Rye party is not a Harper's Ferry of course. But it may be a symptom of something much larger. I would love know some of the \"true\" thoughts among both sides that night--the type of thoughts you don't share with a reporter. It was a close call on many different levels I am sure. If the students were just one notch lower in social class, for instance, it would have been a different story. Our 1% divergence.
The thing I thought most about this was that these are teenagers. They are our future. As good as a prediction from a travellor, if we watch them now we can see where we're going as a society. In this case, the police were even saying they had never seen such a such and such action. Maybe not by 2005, but there seems to be dissention rising from the whippersnappers. And maybe just having Rug around this forum is a small clue as to what's going to happen in ten or twenty years when these kids DO have the power to seriously affect world politics. "EF the police" they say, but my question is do they know why?

and Paul wrote
Is there an internet site that collects reports of these incidents?
yes...this one.

Cornelia

OK.
We have a Pope here.
And we have people raised by nuns.
And we have these MOSES!

How can you dare to make that philological analysis of Titor Sacred Words without knowing any basics? :lol:

PS Now that I've enlightened you, please, I'm waiting for the analysis. Thanx! ;)

August

Did Cornelia just call me ignorant? Not that I disagree with the label. I just wasn't expecting a shot across the bow from that direction. :lol:

I know the story of Moses and the Red Sea--I saw it in a movie. :p I just was not sure of the connection Titor was making.

Cornelia and most of this community can judge my thoughts any way you like--I have a great respect for all of you. I would be happy to be judged the most ignorant among you. :)