minuteman project and Waco type events thread

August

Ok kids. Time to get back on track. Anoah, I know you want me to play nice with smuda here. But I just can't.

smuda don't engage me, ever. I welcome a marketplace of ideas unless I am feeding goats, in which case I just discuss crackers.

Anoah and everyone else, I copied this just for you.

/August bows to Anoah and complements her magenta hair.

This CJD update brought to you by CNN, August, and...

If p then q
q
therefore p

Your friendly neighborhood "Affirming of the Consequent":

Woman thought to have human form of mad cow disease dies
Doctors believe Charlene Singh contracted vCJD in England
By Miriam Falco
CNN
Monday, June 21, 2004 Posted: 5:47 PM EDT (2147 GMT)

Charlene Singh, pictured in December 2003, died Sunday morning.

(CNN) -- Charlene Singh, the only U.S. resident thought to have the human form of mad cow disease, or variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD), died Sunday morning.

In April 2002, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Florida Department of Health announced "the occurrence of a likely case of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in a Florida resident [then] aged 22 years."

Health officials concluded the young woman contracted the disease when she lived in England. She was born there in 1979 and moved to the United States in 1992.

There is no cure for the disease.

"It's shocking and stunning," said Singh's aunt, Sharon Singh-Passley. "Her body couldn't take it anymore."

Singh, 25, died in her sleep, her aunt said.

Disease details
The first case of the human form of mad cow disease was detected in April 1996. Most cases occurred in Britain.

The British Department of Health has reported 146 definite and probable cases in its country.

France has reported six vCJD cases, and Ireland, Italy, Canada and the United States have each reported one case, said Dr. Francois Meslin of the World Health Organization.

A definitive diagnosis is not possible until after death. An autopsy is scheduled for Singh on Tuesday, her aunt said.

Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease is the human form of the brain-wasting disease found in cows called bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE). It is believed that people who consumed meat from cows infected with BSE may develop vCJD.

The disease has an incubation period of 10 to 15 years, and younger people are more prone to develop vCJD than the traditional form of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD), the CDC reports.

The average age of vCJD patients is 29 as opposed to 65 years for CJD. Patients with vCJD are also sick longer -- an average of 14 months, compared with four and a half months for classic CJD patients.

Experimental treatment
CNN first reported Singh's story in October 2002. Doctors had told her family she would live only a few months.

Singh had been a young, vibrant woman until November 2001, her family said. That's when she began to forget things and lose her temper.

Doctors prescribed antidepressants, but her condition continued to decline. Her father, Patrick Singh, said, "her hand began to shake pretty rapidly. We decided ... this can't be depression. Depression doesn't make your hand shake. It doesn't make you walk and stumble."

Dissatisfied with the diagnosis from American physicians, Singh's mother took her to England in early 2003, where she was diagnosed with probable vCJD.

Charlene Singh is shown in this high school photo.
Singh had "received experimental treatment with quinacrine for 3 months," the CDC reported, but her condition did not improve. Her family did its best to make her comfortable.

A neurosurgeon who saw media reports about her offered and gave Singh hyperbaric treatment, pumping pure oxygen into her lungs to try to improve brain function.

Her family and the doctor felt those treatments helped her. Last year, Singh's relatives said they thought she seemed a little more relaxed and appeared to try to respond to simple commands.

Unintentional

Originally posted by August@Jun 22 2004, 04:08 AM
smuda don't engage me, ever.
Okay, but I want the ring back!

(I don't want our love to overshadow the romance between Phoenix and Grayson! :lol: )

Cornelia

Smuda, may I suggest you something?
Since this is a John Titor related thread, but everybody here love to talk on politics, why don't you open a thread in "Off-Topics" where we can fight like hell about politics? In this way, you won't feel forced to defend your ideas here making this JT thread 20 pages long just to talk about Bush.
Personally, I'll be happy to visit your thread and discuss Bush until we drop dead! :)

What do you think?

Anoah

Fantastic idea Cornelia. :)

I don't have a lot of time this morning but I started a thread in the politics section. When I get home later I will try and move stuff over. Let the games begin.

Phoenix

Originally posted by Cornelia@Jun 22 2004, 08:22 AM
Smuda, may I suggest you something?
Since this is a John Titor related thread, but everybody here love to talk on politics, why don't you open a thread in \"Off-Topics\" where we can fight like hell about politics? In this way, you won't feel forced to defend your ideas here making this JT thread 20 pages long just to talk about Bush.
Personally, I'll be happy to visit your thread and discuss Bush until we drop dead! ?:)

What do you think?
You don't need to do it in off topics.

There is a Politics/Military/Law forum

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...hp?showforum=21

You could call the topic Politics if you want, or maybe Bush.

Unintentional

Why is it only my posts are unwelcome here? I don't introduce any off topic material. I only respond to what is already there. If someone makes a post that shows we are on a verge of civil war and I have information or opinion of an opposite nature, only I get singled out for making political posts. My responses either make you make your arguement stronger or if unanswered, weaken it. What is the harm in that? If your aguement is weak and my little old posts torpedo it out of the water, it would be dis service to those looking here for a debate. A lot of people in this forum said they looked forward to open debate about subjects relating to time travel. Debate is going to include differing opinions from other people. Otherwise it is not called debate but blind following. Now I understand that that is EXACTLY what some people want on this board, especially those who open there posts with a warning that they don't want to be confronted on their ideas and openingly admit that "playing nice" is beyond their repertoire in any debate. My beliefs are based on facts. My opinions, while mostly open minded, are based on my beliefs. I am not afraid of debate and do "play nice". Where have I ever produced a confrontational post that was unprovoked and mean spirited? For the most part my posts are light hearted and I extend the rose of friendship where ever I can find it. @};-

Every time travelor that posts here should expect some doubts. But for some reason there can be no contrary facts or opinions relating to Waco-Type events (the subject of this thread). I guess we can only be skepticle of time travel events but not twisted or non-existant facts that there is evidence to the contrary. It is also highly ironic that the people who most do not want to hear my side are the very same people who decry how our freedom of speech is under attack. Irony! How I love it! :lol:

Time Travel Forum

Cornelia

smuda,
what I don't like is the continuous posting... if I have to answer to many people, I try to do it all in one post. And then, let other people post for at least half/one day. I try not to flood the thread, with lined posts like Cornelia/someone else/ Cornelia/ someone else... and try also to make my points in some short sentences (we can forgive Paul and August for long posts because they post only once or less per day).
We can't debate here about all the politics of the world, it's off topic, better do it in the proper place where I'll be more than happy to read your opinions and answer them until I drop dead.
OK? ;)

Now, let's go back to John Titor once for all!