minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Judge Bean

Originally posted by CaryP+Aug 20 2004, 03:35 AM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hackimer@ Rob,Aug 19 2004, 07:33 PM
HEY, if ANYONE is going to be known by the C word on this forum it has GOT to be me.? I'm actually a little insulted.

Nice to know they may read of my exploits in Italia. :blush:

Okay Hack,

You're a "C"razy bastard, and I mean that in the most affectionate way. Feel better now? I just explained what FUBAR meant to Pauli.

How old are you Pauli? I've been knowing about FUBAR since 5th grade, about 40 yrs. ago. Maybe it was the bad influence I grew up around, or maybe I'm just bas class white trash. Rock on kid. Or is that "50 cent on" these days?

Cary

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I hate cats with a passion, but keep the avitar so I'll know who you are. Why doesn't everybody who loves cats so much, get a nice kitten avitar? We could all hold hands and sing kitty cat songs. (Okay, I'm being sarcastic and facetious now. Don't take me seriously.)
[snapback]7299[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Now explain SNAFU, if you want to bring it back up to the topic. It describes the current state of the American justice and economic systems.

pauli

Help Pauli?
BTW the avatar - supreme. SUPREME!

There once was a kitty named puss
This kitty was nobody's wuss
He blinked his big eyes,
but to their suprise
He beat them with nary a fuss.

Thanks Hack. I was thinking for over a month which Avatar to assign myself - and went back and forth over it. Finally, I thought about Puss-n-Boots from Shrek 2. I just loved him - and that thing he did with his eyes just killed me. I laughed so hard it made me cry. Once I thought about it, I thought, yeah... that works. Here is a pissnvinegar sort of character who can melt you with a moment's ploy of soulful manipulation and it all fell into place. Glad you like him.
So do I. ;)

\"How old are you Pauli? I've been knowing about FUBAR since 5th grade, about 40 yrs. ago. Maybe it was the bad influence I grew up around, or maybe I'm just bas class white trash. Rock on kid. Or is that \"50 cent on\" these days?\"

Aw Cary, don't you know you never ask a lady her age???? Erm, Ok, I'll spill. I am an inch over the big 4-0. sigh.

Now explain SNAFU, if you want to bring it back up to the topic.

Paul is correct, we should probably get back on topic.

So, do you all think that the demonstrations could lead to riots that will put the gov't in a situation where things might escalate? I hope not. It didn't happen in the '60's' when the Weathermen Underground tried to do it. I would hate to think it might happen now. :(

HackimerRob

I think on sheer numbers alone if a riot was to break out and all the protesters decided to partake, we'd win. There are only about 50,000 cops gonna be around, the national guard isn't going to attend (so they say) and yes, they have bats and guns, but here's the kicker, we're expecting about a million people to be on "OUR" side. 50,000 with guns and shields vs. a million p*ssed off protesters, sounds to me like a slaughter. Eh, then again, 45,000 dollar machines that blast sound 300 yards into a crowd and make everyones guts wrench could be a balancing factor, the NYPD just bought two of them. Commissioner Kelly said "I'm sure we will find things to use them for".
I'm SURE.

Alls I know is there are a lot more times in history when the downtrodden MAJORITY rise up and overthrow oligarchys. Especially when hearing that almost half of the oligarchy's army has already thought about defecting with as much supplies as possible. Paul, I'm prepping for the war. I'll worry about the aftermath and surviving the nuclear holocaust when I come to that. Hopefully one of us will have a nice farm to settle on.
And I'll kill us up a victory duck.

CaryP

Is this what you were referring to Rob? I had seen this on Friday and meant to post it for you so you could see some of the new toys NYPD has for the RNC.

150-decibel device allows NYPD to be heard loud and clear

Here's most of the article in case it gets taken down.

NEW YORK -- Forget the megaphones. Police will have a much more high-tech -- and louder -- option to make themselves heard over the din of Manhattan traffic and protesters outside the Republican National Convention.

Called the Long Range Acoustic Device, the machine was developed for the military and is capable of projecting sound at an ear-splitting 150 decibels.

The sound machines, to be posted outside Madison Square Garden, are being tested at an airfield in a remote section of Brooklyn along with other devices such as hand-held radiation detectors and mechanical barriers strong enough to stop a moving vehicle in its tracks.

At the training site on Thursday, police practiced disarming a truck bomb at a checkpoint. Scores of officers also made mock arrests of police cadets who posed as protesters.

The department recently bought two of the 45-pound acoustic sound machines for $35,000 apiece. It would mark the first time the instrument -- which can beam sounds for 300 yards or more -- has been used by a civilian force.

\"We believe we'd be able to use them in a number of scenarios,\" said police department spokesman Paul Browne.

Two possible uses cited by Browne: directing crowds to safety following a terrorist attack or other calamity, and reminding protesters where they're allowed to march and rally.

The military, which has used the machines in Iraq, bills them as a \"nonlethal weapon\" designed to disperse hostile crowds or ward off potential combatants by delivering prerecorded warnings in several languages and, if needed, an earsplitting screeching noise.

Police insist the latter feature won't be used at the convention. Decibel readers will be used to keep the volume at safe levels, said Inspector Thomas Graham of the department's crowd control unit.

Sounds more and more like they're going to be throwing one hell of a party at the RNC in your home town Rob.

Cary

Anoah

What was it that JT said about "non lethal" weapons actually being quite lethal?

:(

Cornelia

Oops, didn't know that "crazy" was one of your dozens "X" words! I'd like to know the whole alphabet! :lol:
But Paul is right: in italian, that word of course means "mad" but also being "eccentric" in an intelligent way. If you tell a friend he is "crazy" he'll be very proud to be an extremely interesting and original person.
That's exactly what Paul is! :)

keylempa

Originally posted by Anoah@Aug 21 2004, 03:31 PM
What was it that JT said about \"non lethal\" weapons actually being quite lethal?

:(

That is a very good point there Anoah, I believe it was here that I also read about the device that can ionize air and make it conduct electricity and shock an entire crowd.

Seems to me that this could be problematic if you start running some voltage through our fattened and blocked up american hearts :D

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Originally posted by keylempa@Aug 22 2004, 03:29 PM

Seems to me that this could be problematic if you start running some voltage through our fattened and blocked up american hearts :D

Now that's funny. :D

Judge Bean

I see in the news over the weekend that the official position of the Republican high command is that any demonstrations will be "characterized" as a show of disloyalty to a sitting president, who needs patriotic support in a time of war. How will they "characterize" a demonstration? Let me guess...

You can't do it by just talking about the demonstrations in the streets, which will all be illegal, by the way. You can make the issue a "talking point," but that depends upon people sitting around watching news commentators, "talking heads," instead of watching the gathering storm and the actual fighting in the streets. So they won't just talk; they will physically oppose the demonstrators and attempt to stop the assemblies and marches.

They need a moral and legal justification to do this, and, thereafter, all of the violence will be attributed to the marchers, who will be outlaws deserving of restraint. What is the justification? That they are domestic terrorists, unlawfully assembling, unpatriotic, and a threat to peace, law, and order.

Since they will be cast as targeting the president and vice president, their actions will be in violation of federal law, and this will justify the use of federal troops. I'm not saying this will happen, I'm only saying that there is no reason for it not to happen.

Once you eliminate the impossible, you have to accept what remains as the truth.

CaryP

I see in the news over the weekend that the official position of the Republican high command is that any demonstrations will be \"characterized\" as a show of disloyalty to a sitting president, who needs patriotic support in a time of war.

Yep, I saw that over the weekend as well. A related article was the "stadium" that Mayor Bloomberg wants to put up on Manhattan's west side for a "free speech zone." Mr. Mayor says that protestors have rights too. That's why he wants a stadium that holds 100,000 people. Of course, this is his second offer. The first was protestors could have a "free speech zone" on the side of a highway. At the same time, Mr. Mayor says that all those RNC attendees have rights too, like not being disturbed by all those nasty protestors. I'm hearing the term "anachist" used more and more in the media to describe protestors. Easier to beat up and jail "anachists" in the public opinion polls. This thing might turn into a real wild west show. The protestors don't sound like they're backing down, and I know that Bushco won't tolerate being protested.

Good analysis as usual, Paul.

Cary