minuteman project and Waco type events thread

scififan28

Thanks for the great post Cary. I spotted a person with a video camera in one of the pictures. Hopefully this person will put the video online...

dissdnt

Originally posted by scififan28@Nov 11 2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the great post Cary. I spotted a person with a video camera in one of the pictures. Hopefully this person will put the video online...

Here's the video

http://la.indymedia.org/uploads/tanks-on-l...-la-streets.mov
http://www.infowars.net/Pages/Nov_04/111104_tanks.html

According to this website they were lost. The only problem i have with that is why would you hang around a protest that could get violent?? Doesn't make much sense to me, sounds like a psyops, see how people react to military presence.

http://www.polizeros.com/2004/11/10.html#a4686

Smooth-Operator

Ahhhh Cary, you are AWSOME. I saw it to and you beat me to the posting of it.

Clearly they know they can't overtly do anything but there is nothing against the law regarding intimidation. He said. she said type thing.

Remember if it happens to you- try not to be intimidated.

:D'oh: But I'm SURE it was all a big misunderstanding. :D'oh:

~ @);- Smooth @);- ~

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I've been reading up on this thing, and I've come to the conclusion that this is just a bunch of alarmists getting scared. Not trying to offend anybody, and this is only my opinion.

They were probably on their way to set up a vehicle display for Veteran's day. The APC's (NOT TANKS) were probably on their way somewhere and got lost. If they were getting ready to kick some protestor ass, why wouldn't they have buttoned up? They had their hatches open, and were even laughing at some of the protestors.... Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me if they were there trying to intimidate the crowd. I've also read that where the protestors were is near, or on a common route for the military.

Darkwolf and Dado also brought to my attention the fact that the police are fully capable of taking care of the protestors. Remember the conevention in New York? The police were kicking people's asses, not the military. They don't even NEED the military to come help them, so why even do a show of force? I've seen nothing that makes me think that this was anything else but some military people on their way to somewhere who got a little turned around.

EDIT:

Come on, look at the guy without his kevlar on. You think they'd be dumb enough to take off protective gear if this was a show of force? They were stopped at a red light on their way to some place.
26_crewofsecondtankstoppedbydemonstrators.jpg

EDIT II: Corrected the reference to Veteran's day, got my dates mixed up ;)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

A couple quotes from http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?...4/11/10/0844742

If I remember correctly, there is a national guard armory at the VA hospital which is right next to the federal building in Westwood. Further, the 405 dumps traffic on to Westwood Blvd. at this point also. So, if the tanks (or whatever) were coming from somewhere else they would have to go by the federal building to get back to the armory at the VA. Even if there isn't an armory near the VA, they could be deploying the vehicles as part of today's Veteran's Day activities.
Anyway, no cause for alarm.

The tanks in LA were in the vicinity of the protestors to set up a static display of the vehicles for VETERANS DAY, one of the biggest military holidays of the year. This is very common and military vehicles will be driving all over the state to parades and community events all weekend. Obviously no one told the Marines there were protestors at their set-up location. Obviously confused, they left.

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Nov 11 2004, 01:04 PM
I've been reading up on this thing, and I've come to the conclusion that this is just a bunch of alarmists getting scared. Not trying to offend anybody, and this is only my opinion.

The day that it happened WAS Veteran's day, right? The APC's (NOT TANKS) were probably on their way somewhere and got lost. If they were getting ready to kick some protestor ass, why wouldn't they have buttoned up? They had their hatches open, and were even laughing at some of the protestors.... Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me if they were there trying to intimidate the crowd. I've also read that where the protestors were is near, or on a common route for the military.

Darkwolf and Dado also brought to my attention the fact that the police are fully capable of taking care of the protestors. Remember the conevention in New York? The police were kicking people's asses, not the military. They don't even NEED the military to come help them, so why even do a show of force? I've seen nothing that makes me think that this was anything else but some military people on their way to somewhere who got a little turned around.

Today is veteran's day this happened on the 9th. The police knew in advance - so regardless, it was a stupid thing to do with the MOOD that many people are in these days. I have a question; If you saw a tank coming at you would you be concerned?

But here's something interesting that perhaps Darkwing/Phil or someone else may be able to shed some light on or be able to get more info on:

From The Black Vault:
PSYOP Operations in the 21st Century ?
Posted on Monday, September 15 @ 12:10:48 CDT by Administrator

Abstract: A revolution in Psychological Operations (PSYOP) will occur in the near future. The Internet will be the vehicle to enable a revolution in PSYOP and improve the capabilities of PSYOP to achieve objectives specified in the National Security Strategy (NSS). The paper is structured to support this thesis by first providing a detailed definition and description of PSYOP. Next the importance of communication techniques in developing PSYOP methods is described. The understanding gained from these sections is then used to emphasize how the Internet can revolutionize PSYOP. Reflex control was presented as a method of PSYOP for the future. Then, based on the knowledge presented in this paper, some recommendations are made on how the Internet could be used to revolutionize future PSYOP campaigns.

PSYOP has been an essential element of warfare since ancient times. PSYOP will continue to be a key strategic weapon to provide the ways to accomplish the objectives specified in the NSS. As Napolean Bonaparte once said, \"There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind\".
http://www.bvalphaserver.com/article8038.html
Complete File On PsyOps PDF file

Though it speaks on a broader international scale, look at the quote on page 9.
It's ALL very interesting though.

In any event, I'd rather be aware and wrong than to look the other way time and time again and be right. :unsure:
@);- Smooth @);-

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Oh no doubt it was scary. I've been in a protest before and the feeling you get when you see an authoritative organization is less than comforting. I'd have crapped my pants if I saw all that, but as someone outside the fish-bowl it's a little easier to make sense of it and come to a logical conclusion.

I believe that the nation is headed down a bad road, but just because Bush is president doesn't mean this is a sign that we're all going to the gas chambers.

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Nov 11 2004, 01:31 PM
I believe that the nation is headed down a bad road, but just because Bush is president doesn't mean this is a sign that we're all going to the gas chambers.

I don't recall mentioning any names. (Well not in this thread)
But in general I don't trust any politician.
And I specifically don't like bullies. And intimidation is bullying.

Which those guys were doing whether they were conscously doing it or not.
That's a real trigger with me. Bullies that is.

Now you've done it- I'm so worked up.... my hair has just burst into flames, excuse me while I go put it out. :ninja:

@);- @);-[attachmentid=185]

August

Thanks for all the video and pics people!

Last night I was thinking that these guys could of made a wrong turn. Your posts above explain it though. They did seem to be amused.

I especially like the guy who steps out in front of the APC with his hand in the "Halt!" position, pretending it is 1989 Beijing. What a total goofball.

Darkwolf

I had heard that the vehicles had purposly parked in front of the building. If so then it was a deliberate attempt at intimidation. If they just got blocked, then it was the protester's fault. (its a good personal policy not to argue with armored vehicles) I don't see why the military should inturrupt operations and not drive somwhere they were driving anyway in order not to offend protesters, but once again, those were marines. I don't see what they would be doing at a national guard armory.