Most other sites are doing it so why don't we.

Angst

I can't believe you American's.

If you re-vote Bush in you will probably start WWIII.

Everyone I know think's he is the worst president ever.

Dont take any notice of me though, its not my country. Its your Vote.

CaryP

Hey Angst,

I can't believe most Americans myself, and I live here. Bush is a nightmare we know about. Kerry is a nightmare we'll find out about. The two party system we have here has become corrupt. There is little if any material differences between them. It will take a major "wake up call" for most Americans to lift their head out of the trough and realize their country has been stolen from them. I'm with Unintentional - vote third party.

Cary

The_Ruffneck

Ever seen that Simpsons episode halloween special where aliens take over Dole & Clinton? 'Don't blame me i voted for Kodos' lol 'You'll have to vote for one of us it's a 2 party system....pathetic humans!'

Unintentional

Originally posted by Angst@Oct 6 2004, 05:17 AM
I can't believe you American's.

If you re-vote Bush in you will probably start WWIII.

Everyone I know think's he is the worst president ever.

Dont take any notice of me though, its not my country. Its your Vote.

Did anyone see that debate on Friday? Someone asked the prez, "Why do Europeons hate us so much?".

What he SHOULD have said was, "I have no Frigging idea. All we did was fight back to those who attacked in Afghanistan and dispose of a terrorist-friendly-murderous dictator in Iraq. It must not be Europeon to fight back or dispose of terrorist-friendly-murderous dictators."

Ralan

I think possibly...

'The US refused to sign a UN declaration to fight hunger and poverty because part of the discussion surrounding the statement called for levying a global tax on financial transactions as well as arms sales.'

...and...

'Although the U.S. plans to stop using non-self-destructing land mines, the Bush adminstration will not sign an anti-land mine treaty, an administration official said yesterday.

One hundred fifty countries have already signed the Mine Ban Treaty, which outlaws the stockpile of mines and requires each country to destroy its remaining mines within four years. Land mines buried in civilian areas maim and kill people in Cambodia, Afghanistan, and other countries. '

...and...

The United States stands alone in refusing to stop the use of
lindane, a dangerous pesticide and neurotoxin, despite agreement
from Canada and Mexico last week to phase out the chemical.

...have more to do with Europe's distaste for the US than the fact that they planned a terrorist act against themselves and went and kicked the crap out of the Arab States when they were running low on oil.

Fringan

Originally posted by Ralan@Oct 16 2004, 03:30 PM
I think possibly...

'The US refused to sign a UN declaration to fight hunger and poverty because part of the discussion surrounding the statement called for levying a global tax on financial transactions as well as arms sales.'

...and...

[...]

...and...

The Kyoto agreement and many other things..

.. However I'm not sure you can say Europe hates America.. We don't hate America or Americans over here. It's just you politics and polititians.
Perhaps you should try to understand why the rest of the world feels like they do about your actions and then perhaps you can begin understand why your country is threatened by terrorist attacks at all. I live in sweden, we don't have terrorist attacks. We don't have to be afraid. Is it because Sweden is to cold for terrorists or is it because we don't tend to send troops around the world and ###### millions of people off?

(I'm just going to add that Sweden is not passive in conflicts in case anyone tries to say we are to afraid to help out where help is needed in the world. We send alot of UN troops, peace perserving troops (no dropping bombs) to whereever UN needs them. We spend ALOT of money to help rebuild countries after wars and so on and so on. We just don't go "liberate" countries on our own and then expect everyone to help rebuild what we destroyed in the process. We let the UN (basically all the countries) make the decissions and THEN we send our troops.)

It's wierd to me how Bush can "fight back" by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq when 911 wasn't any of those countries attacking. In fact it was no country at all attacking, it was a terrorist organisation. Anyway, for what reasons these wars were really started and what an ever growing number of soldiers are dying for is another discussion.

Also perhaps you could try begin to see that the "freedom and democracy" you are trying to spread throughout the world is in your own country; a two party system where both parties you can choose from is basically the same.
I'm not sure I'm prepared to call that a great democracy, sorry.

...and THAT is why europeans don't agree on your self claimed world police status.

CaryP

Thanks for your viewpoints Ralan and Frings. I agree the US govt. has been a very bad actor in the world for a long time. Bushco has pushed it over the top. The US is playing school yard bully with the rest of the world. The whole attitude goes something like:

"Let's go kick the crap out of a couple of countries that can't possibly take on the US military machine. Who's gonna stop us? Nobody. We're the biggest and badest mofo on the planet. You either with us or against us."

Nobody likes a bully, and bullies usually get their due when the rest of the school yard has had enough. The "war on terror" is just a cover for the much bigger agenda of global domination. As both of our European friends pointed out, if 9/11 was an attack by terrorists (and I seriously doubt that), there was no link, has been no link, and no case made to verify a link to any foreign government behind the attack or the alledged terror organization.

An article I ran across covers the hatred of Bush, which runs deep. Not that I'm a Kerry lover. He sucks just as bad as Bush. They're both from the ruling elite and priviledged class here. The poll conducted by The Guardian, a UK newspaper, found that out of 10 countries polled, only Israel and Russia favored Bush. All of our more traditional allies were negative against the Bushco regime.

Thanks again Ralan and Frings for adding a European perspective to the discussion.

Cary

Poll reveals world anger at Bush

Poll reveals world anger at Bush

Eight out of 10 countries favour Kerry for president

Alan Travis, home affairs editor
Friday October 15, 2004

George Bush has squandered a wealth of sympathy around the world towards America since September 11 with public opinion in 10 leading countries - including some of its closest allies - growing more hostile to the United States while he has been in office.

According to a survey, voters in eight out of the 10 countries, including Britain, want to see the Democrat challenger, John Kerry, defeat President Bush in next month's US presidential election.

The poll, conducted by 10 of the world's leading newspapers, including France's Le Monde, Japan's Asahi Shimbun, Canada's La Presse, the Sydney Morning Herald and the Guardian, also shows that on balance world opinion does not believe that the war in Iraq has made a positive contribution to the fight against terror.

The results show that in Australia, Britain, Canada, France, Japan, Spain and South Korea a majority of voters share a rejection of the Iraq invasion, contempt for the Bush administration, a growing hostility to the US and a not-too-strong endorsement of Mr Kerry. But they all make a clear distinction between this kind of anti-Americanism and expressing a dislike of American people. On average 68% of those polled say they have a favourable opinion of Americans.

The 10-country poll suggests that rarely has an American administration faced such isolation and lack of public support amongst its closest allies.

The only exceptions to this trend are the Israelis - who back Bush 2-1 over Kerry and see the US as their security umbrella - and the Russians who, despite their traditional anti-Americanism, recorded unexpectedly favourable attitudes towards the US in the survey conducted in the immediate aftermath of the Beslan tragedy.

The UK results of the poll conducted by ICM research for the Guardian reveal a growing disillusionment with the US amongst the British public, fuelled by a strong personal antipathy towards Mr Bush.

The ICM survey shows that if the British had a vote in the US presidential elections on November 2 they would vote 50% for Kerry and only 22% for Bush.

Sixty per cent of British voters say they don't like Bush, rising to a startling 77% among those under 25.

The rejection of Mr Bush is strongest in France where 72% say they would back Mr Kerry but it is also very strong in traditionally very pro-American South Korea, where fears of a pre-emptive US strike against North Korea have translated into 68% support for Mr Kerry.

In Britain the growth in anti-Americanism is not so marked as in France, Japan, Canada, South Korea or Spain where more than 60% say their view of the United States has deteriorated since September 11. But a sizeable and emerging minority - 45% - of British voters say their image of the US has got worse in the past three years and only 15% say it has improved.

There is a widespread agreement that America will remain the world's largest economic power.

This is underlined by the 73% of British voters who say that the US now wields an excessive influence on international affairs, a situation that 67% see as continuing for the foreseeable future.

A majority in Britain also believe that US democracy is no longer a model for others.

But perhaps a more startling finding from the Guardian/ICM poll is that a majority of British voters - 51% - say that they believe that American culture is threatening our own culture.

This is a fear shared by the Canadians, Mexicans and South Koreans, but it is more usually associated with the French than the British. Perhaps the endless television reruns of Friends and the Simpsons are beginning to take their toll.

PyRo99

I don't have a news article on this. Butttttt.....

Philly, has 325,000 registered voters for the election, yet they are requesting 625,000 ballots. I'm definetly smelling some fraud coming.