multi-verse may be here sooner than anyone thought..

Harte

Physics says you can, if you can garner enough energy - including "dark energy" to create and stabilize a closed timelike curve.

That doesn't mean it will ever happen though. The whole thing is theoretical and I'm a little skeptical of dark energy myself, which would be required to open up the wormhole large enough for anyone to go through it (and to keep it open.)

Harte

Last edited:

kcwildman

Beastmaster
so what your tellin me is the whole flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts is true?? I mean are we talkin catch a lighting bolt or 20,, or are we talkin about hookin an extension cord to the output for a modern nuke plant 500 MW range. I guess what I am saying is the power needed to do it even a reasonable pipe dream?? or do we need to tap a freakin star with long set of jumper cables
and didn't I read some where that they think the cern atom smasher confirmed that one or two particles of dark energy/anti-matter were actually spose to have been seen
so I guess what your trying to tell me is, we are really no closer to TT than some scribbles on a chalk board in lab of a mad scientist with frizzed out hair

Harte

so what your tellin me is the whole flux capacitor and 1.21 gigawatts is true??
Certainly not.
1.21 Gigawatts is not nearly enough.
Now, give me 1.21 Jigawatts, and maybe we'll have something.

I mean are we talkin catch a lighting bolt or 20,, or are we talkin about hookin an extension cord to the output for a modern nuke plant 500 MW range. I guess what I am saying is the power needed to do it even a reasonable pipe dream?? or do we need to tap a freakin star with long set of jumper cables
and didn't I read some where that they think the cern atom smasher confirmed that one or two particles of dark energy/anti-matter were actually spose to have been seen
so I guess what your trying to tell me is, we are really no closer to TT than some scribbles on a chalk board in lab of a mad scientist with frizzed out hair
Last I checked, it would take most of the energy in the universe to create and maintain a closed time-like curve large enough to enter. So we ain't that close yet.
Same thing was true for the Alcubierre warp drive when it was first envisioned though, and they've brought that requirement down to only a couple or three Suns worth of energy, so you never know.

Harte

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok well guess I will have to pull the 9 volt from my old AM pocket radio that should do the trick..
so if I understand what your telling me,, we have to basically convert all the matter in the known universe to energy,, just so we can round up enough go juice to make the car go 88 MPH..
then if we get lucky and find an old movie prop car, a screw driver, and some plyers, and a big hammer.. presto-change-oh were off on a stroll though time..... got places to go and people to see...

Harte

Right.
Exactly twice as bad as Thanos.

But if we're lucky, we'll come out in a different universe where no one has killed everything yet.

Harte

Risata

It's an interesting idea, but flawed by bias.
He states: "This is no longer up for debate — parallel universes have been proven to be real through physical experiments described in Tim Folger Discovers A Time Machine. "
Which is not the case.

The entire thing hinges on the Copenhagen Interpretation being the correct (and real) way to interpret results.
There are many "official" interpretations of QM, 14 different ones summarized below:
View attachment 8009

A couple of those (besides the straight-up Copenhagen Interpretation) might allow for the author's hypothesis, but it's a cinch that the rest don't, and there is (at present) no way to distinguish between the various interpretations.

Note that the interpretations above are merely the most commonly debated. The interpretation the author uses is not included in the chart (stems from Copenhagen) but is listed at the source (wiki.)

Harte

Ha Ha glad to see you Harte, and still being a buzz kill.....LMAO :)

paradox404

Certainly not.
1.21 Gigawatts is not nearly enough.
Now, give me 1.21 Jigawatts, and maybe we'll have something.

Last I checked, it would take most of the energy in the universe to create and maintain a closed time-like curve large enough to enter. So we ain't that close yet.
Same thing was true for the Alcubierre warp drive when it was first envisioned though, and they've brought that requirement down to only a couple or three Suns worth of energy, so you never know.

Harte

I heard they brought the requirement for the Alcubiere drive closer to the mass of the voyager probe.

Also there's evidence to suggest that the multiverse itself is collapsing, or at least in part. I doubt that it'd be possible or beneficial in any sense for every observed/observable universe to be condensed into a single reality.