Muslim community in Quebec

TimeFlipper

Its not about muslims having different ideas, its about them having an agenda, which is wanting to rule the world and impose their vile sharia law upon mankind..The people of Quebec are doing the right thing in wanting to keep them out...
Iam hoping Trump will take notice of this and prevent more of them going to the US and never allowing them to gain a foothold on American soil..

HDRKID

Speaking of tigers, this is how I feel when aliens lick my face... for them it is a joy. However, for me, it is an uncomfortable experience. Different societies are not on same page.

When you are afraid of and have no idea what to do so just just try to stay calm.

28BogKj.gif

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Quebec 'uproar' over proposed Muslim community - BBC News

People fear those with different ideas. However, this may lead to frictions as time goes on.

TAKEN FROM Proposed ‘Muslim Suburb' Has Quebec Politicians In An Uproar
“There must be some modesty in the way you dress. We don’t want women living there going half-naked down the streets."
— Nabil Warda

This seems a bit l ike segregation to me.

How about a Christian community? Or a Buddhist community? Or even an atheist community?

Itheblaze

People tend to gravitate toward their own ethnic group naturally anyway. We have a large black section in our town. Very few mixed churches. Mostly all black or all white. We have one Islamic temple/church that's mostly Pakistan/India people. Look at NY, whole neighborhoods of all Irish, Chinese, or Italian. People want to live among people who think like they think.

Justinian

As an American Christian that's been living in and throughout the Middle East for the last 10 or so years. I can tell you without a doubt that unless you have actually lived over here for a while, you don't know the half of it. Not saying nothing for good or bad, but I hear it all the time that Johnny (my friend), knows so and so and he's from the Middle East and he's a muslim and he's a really nice guy. Sure. I have several that work for me. Awesome people. To a point. But they aren't wired up the same as we are in the west. Anything you can read on the internet doesn't even come close to getting you to understand or attempt at grasping the reality of this place. Even after 10 years, it seems like every day I'm learning something new. For better or worse, this is just the way things are. I'll give you a good example. Call me a liar or hater, doesn't bother me. But, a Muslim does not lie. I, as a Christian, I am always lying. Everything that comes out of my mouth is a lie. (Unless it involves work, but that's another story) So heresay does work here. And it is perfectly acceptable and expected to lie to Christians. If I come across a wreck, nobody here stops. You just don't do it. You will be blamed and if you're lucky, the State Department will get you out of the country before the court procedings start. Every city here has what is termed a chop chop square. I'll let your imagination figure out what happens there every Friday. And stealing here will wind up with you on chop chop square. Unless you're a local. You claim that you needed it more than me and therefore it wasn't stealing. And since I'm a Christian, it's more than okay. Muslims hanging out and living in America and the West have semi adapted to our ways and conformed to a point. But calling them true Muslims and the ones over here extremists is like saying New York Catholics are the real Catholics and the Pope is an extremist. So can they adapt? Sure. Do they want to? Maybe to a point. I talk alot with the guys that work for me. I avoid the religion talk, and we talk about the differences in our societies. So please don't take the above as bashing them. It's their country, their rules. They're just a lot different from our way of living and yes.. when I tell them some things about living in the West.. their eyes light up, like WTF who does that.. (I showed them deer hunting. lol.)

BUT, I will say this. No matter where I go or what I'm doing. Every man will greet me with; Welcome to my country. Please sit and have tea with me and tell me about your country.

So take it for what you will.. just a few things I've seen/learned over the years here. Nothing is as you see/read on the internet or tv. I accept that's just the way things are and I live my life around their rules. I tell them that they make the rules, I just play the game. Same as they will never come as a guest to my country and tell me what to do, I won't do it here. Except wiping their butts with their bare hands. That one I do give them crap over. No pun intended. Or when they poop in the shower and mistake it for the toilet hole. That one gets me upset.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
But, a Muslim does not lie.
@Justinian - Actually, Muslims do lie (at least some). In fact, practically everybody has told a lie. Many Muslims believe in something called "taquia" (don't know how exactly it's spelled), which involves deceiving people, thus a form of lying. For instance, Barack Obama is highly suspected of using it, and is strongly suspected of being both a Muslim and a liar.

Justinian

So you live over here too? Of course they lie. Everyone lies. But over here.. in a court of law, they never tell lies. That's sarcasm. But their word holds up over mine any day of the week. Doesn't matter if I have pictures or videos to prove otherwise.