My Computer Time Traveled

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My computer decided take a trip to the past last night against my will. It rebooted. Now, the sound doesn't work.

Well, take a look at these dates. Gee, do I really want to install a driver from 1968? Did Intel even exist?

IMG_0818.jpeg

OakFieldAlienz444

I don't think they even had computers in 1968, I mean they probly did but they could barely do anything.

But we all know that Windows 10 was actually stored in Area 51 at some point long ago, and the humble dentist father of Alex Jones
probly knows about it

Mayhem

Zenith
@OakFieldAlienz444 you sure about that?

ARPANET was an end-product of a decade of computer-communications developments spurred by military concerns that the Soviets might use their jet bombers to launch surprise nuclear attacks against the United States. By the 1960s, a system called SAGE (Semi-Automatic Ground Environment) had already been built and was using computers to track incoming enemy aircraft and to coordinate military response. The system included 23 “direction centers,” each with a massive mainframe computer that could track 400 planes, distinguishing friendly aircraft from enemy bombers. The system required six years and $61 billion to implement.

@PaulaJedi

When was Intel invented?

18 July 1968, Mountain View, California, United States

Last edited:

Doc 05

Zenith
So, it looks like you take me up on my offer to use the HDR sometime in the future
and jump back past this point, resetting your computer.

Time travel has its nuances. ;)

Wind7

Staff
My computer decided take a trip to the past last night against my will. It rebooted. Now, the sound doesn't work.

Well, take a look at these dates. Gee, do I really want to install a driver from 1968? Did Intel even exist?

View attachment 13195

Sometimes when a PC reboots back to an early programming,
the dates that randomly appear are the actual birthdates of the programmers responsible for creating
or first installing the program(s) on your computer.

It happened on my phone too.