New Star Trek movie

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
New Star Trek movie

Has anybody seen it yet? I saw it in theaters twice :p

I was very, very impressed with the casting. When I first read who they had chosen I was pretty disappointed with everybody except Simon Pegg as Scotty, but they all played their parts beautifully.

They did a great job rebooting the series too!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: New Star Trek movie

I've seen it once last week, I'll probably give it a second try tomorrow. It's better than what I expected, especially the appearence of old Spock. The cast is cool, the story isn't cheesy at all.

There are all the little things that actually make it a Star Trek movie. I hope they're going to make a trilogy at least !

Whitelight

It was a toss between it, and Wolverine Origins. We ended up seeing Wolverine, so I haven't seen it yet.

I want to though! It looks bad ass.

cmac

I don't see many movies anymore and I've never been a big Star Trek fan like many people are. I like Star Trek though and saw quite a few of the shows and movies in the 80's and such. The previews that I've seen look very good, so I might have to actually go to the Theatre to see this one.

Cmac

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

It's definitely worth seeing. I don't think I've come across any poor reviews for it, save for a few by hardcore fans who thought Abrams had cheated in how he rebooted everything.

Star Trek had pretty much run its course with everything they had done throughout the various series, so having a fresh start was definitely a welcome change from a dying franchise. Go see it :)

Whitelight

Maybe I shall go see it this weekend :) Just got the pet deposit back from the fat lying ex-roommate! So I can spend money :3 <--ball face

Keroscene

I'm really tempted to pre-screen this one courtesy of The Pirate Bay. I paid to see Wolverine and was sorely disappointed. The more often that happens, the more I'm tempted.

Almost everyone is giving it good reviews, though. Even an older family member of mine who is a big Trekkie said it was pretty good. He also saw Wolverine as part of a double feature and agreed it was horrid, so at least we agree there.

I just wish the drive-in here would play Star Trek and Terminator Salvation as a double feature. I couldn't be so lucky. Although T4 is getting mixed reviews, I'd really like to see that as well.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I came back from Star Trek 2 minutes ago, and it's a very good movie. I've seen the screener last week, but it was worth paying 5$ to watch it on the big screen with loud 5.1 sound at the theater!! Oh, and 5 more dollars for pop corn and drinks as well.

Live long and prosper!

gonzogirl

Numenorean7 said:
I came back from Star Trek 2 minutes ago, and it's a very good movie. I've seen the screener last week, but it was worth paying 5$ to watch it on the big screen with loud 5.1 sound at the theater!! Oh, and 5 more dollars for pop corn and drinks as well.

Live long and prosper!

ten bucks for a new release movie AND popcorn AND soda? More than one soda?
Last time I went into Ptown it was $29.00!!! just for two people, popcorn and ONE drink.
OH well...I am into spongebob at the moment.
I would be even if i didnt have kids!

I hear that the casting was excellent for the new Star Trek.
I do want to see it but am a fan of the original series only.
The new Spock is way cool looking.

gonzogirl

whitelight said:
maybe i shall go see it this weekend :) just got the pet deposit back from the fat lying ex-roommate! So i can spend money :3 <--ball face

love it!