No bullshit - I am from 2039 and I'm here to help you

Diversity is good except when you try to mix oil and water...
That be bad...
"Can't we all just get along?" Answer: obviously not all of us if some of us are hell bent on murdering the others.

I believe that attitude is part of the problem. So long as people don't try to harm me or others, or make me or others follow their beliefs I have no problem with what they do. For the ones try to harm people, we invented the prison to correct their behaviour. For the ones who try to force you to believe as they do, they need to be met with a firm refusal. (Turning the other cheek, as you say)

As a Christian I was taught and still believe in turning the other cheek up in to the point I run out of cheeks.

A time traveler from the future told us of a world war to come and I know that will happen, some day.
That is proof that we can not all get along as long as there are others that want to harm us.

I wouldn't necessarily call that "proof". I could claim to be from the future and give a prophecy saying everyone will spontaneously turn into marshmallows tomorrow. Doesn't mean it's true.

If the Muslim people of the world want to live and let live they are welcome as neighbor and friends, but that is not what they have said.
Today they are still murdering Christians if they refuse to convert to the Muslim faith.
That is a fact!

Certain minority groups of muslims are doing that, yes, but most just want to live and let live like you say. That doesn't mean you should condemn them all. Or should all Christians be tried for the crimes of the KKK?

As a Christian I am being placed in danger as are my friends and family.
If you are other then Muslim, you and your friends and family are also in danger of being murdered if you refuse to covert.
Wake Up!

Half my family is muslim, the other half is christian. I'm neither. Unless you happen to be living somewhere like Syria or Iraq, you're in very little danger from muslims. (False flag operations on the other hand...) On the contrary, the areas muslims live in tend to be safer because they take care of each other and people who treat them well, and I say this from personal experience.

Michael,

Describe your time travel device in full detail.
In 2039, scientists made 10 time macines which were to be sold to civilans. They were expensive, but I managed to afford one. You don't have to be a scientist to use it. There is a simple console on which you set a date you want to go to. You can not always go anytime. You can also put coordinates for where to go. Civilan machines can only go 30 years to past and cannot go to future. After I travel in past, I cannot travel anywhere but back in my time. That was made to prevent problems in travel.

Well, looks like this is what it takes to get me out of lurker status.

Are you telling us that, as a 38 year old architect, you managed to have enough saved up to purchase one of only TEN time machines in the WORLD?

The average take-home for an architect is in the 70-80K a year range (2015 dollars). Adjusting for, I dunno, 5% inflation over 25 years you're looking at a 2039 take-home of about 186-213K per year.

Sounds legit. You must be a really good architect.
Sounds like a plan but you did not consider his parents or family are rich.
Otherwise possibility of rent. Skeptical approach is the best tool for rational analysis but needs compliment.

Whereas General Relativity supports a single-timeline theory via closed timelike curves. The questions is: which side of the line will a theory of quantum gravity fall on?
What part of General Relativity or Special Relativity Theory supports timeline theories? The interpretations of quantum physics are related with uncertainty principle and the collapse of wave-function.

They don't, that was my point. The idea in General Relativity is that time travel is possible via closed timelike curves. A hallway that loops back on itself while only ever seeming to move forward would be a closed spacelike curve. A CTC is like that, but with time. It's basically just a loop in time.
In multi-world interpreation of quantum physics, Relativity Theory does not work? Nobody tells like that.
If it does, MWI even could not be born.

What part of General Relativity or Special Relativity Theory supports timeline theories? The interpretations of quantum physics are related with uncertainty principle and the collapse of wave-function.

They don't, that was my point. The idea in General Relativity is that time travel is possible via closed timelike curves. A hallway that loops back on itself while only ever seeming to move forward would be a closed spacelike curve. A CTC is like that, but with time. It's basically just a loop in time.
In multi-world interpreation of quantum physics, Relativity Theory does not work? Nobody tells like that.
If it does, MWI even could not be born.

That's not strictly true. GR works at large scales, QM works at very small scales. This is based on experimental evidence. The trouble is figuring out how the two interact. It's like wave-particle duality. Photons behave like particles in one situation and waves in another. In truth, they're neither, but describing them as particles and waves is what we have to work with until we figure out exactly what they are.

In 2039, scientists made 10 time macines which were to be sold to civilans. They were expensive, but I managed to afford one. You don't have to be a scientist to use it. There is a simple console on which you set a date you want to go to. You can not always go anytime. You can also put coordinates for where to go. Civilan machines can only go 30 years to past and cannot go to future. After I travel in past, I cannot travel anywhere but back in my time. That was made to prevent problems in travel.

Are you telling us that, as a 38 year old architect, you managed to have enough saved up to purchase one of only TEN time machines in the WORLD?

The average take-home for an architect is in the 70-80K a year range (2015 dollars). Adjusting for, I dunno, 5% inflation over 25 years you're looking at a 2039 take-home of about 186-213K per year.

Otherwise possibility of rent. Skeptical approach is the best tool for rational analysis but needs compliment.

I did consider it, but dismissed it.

1. Scientists create ONLY 10 time machines; presumably the only ones in existence
  2. Scientists say "Eh, fuck it. Let's put them on eBay and see who bids"
  3. Mr. Brady here somehow has enough cash to outbid the other 9 billion people on the planet
  4. No country's government cares about this

Even if this guy is Bill Gate's secret love child, there is zero chance that these supposed time machines aren't snatched up by leading world powers.

It's not skepticism if it's common sense.

If you're going to pretend to be a time traveler, at least have a convincing story. Do your homework. Take some creative writing courses or watch some good sci-fi. Go down to Good Will and cannibalize some blenders, sandwich makers and old computers to show us your "time machine". Put some effort in to it. Sheesh.

I did consider it, but dismissed it.

1. Scientists create ONLY 10 time machines; presumably the only ones in existence
  2. Scientists say "Eh, fuck it. Let's put them on eBay and see who bids"
  3. Mr. Brady here somehow has enough cash to outbid the other 9 billion people on the planet
  4. No country's government cares about this

Even if this guy is Bill Gate's secret love child, there is zero chance that these supposed time machines aren't snatched up by leading world powers.

It's not skepticism if it's common sense.

As if they'd even be made public in the first place. Someone would swoop in and black everything out.

If you're going to pretend to be a time traveler, at least have a convincing story. Do your homework. Take some creative writing courses or watch some good sci-fi. Go down to Good Will and cannibalize some blenders, sandwich makers and old computers to show us your "time machine". Put some effort in to it. Sheesh.

You don't even have to put that much effort in. The HDR photos have a bunch of capacitors not connected to anything and people still fall for it.

You don't even have to put that much effort in. The HDR photos have a bunch of capacitors not connected to anything and people still fall for it.

I used to be an IT manager and have a garage FULL of old computers. If I cobbled together some kind of silicon monstrosity full of capacitors, processors, heat-sinks and whatever else I could scavenge and claimed to be from 2055, people would shit their pants.