Opposing beliefs/religions/spirituality.

TexDanm

What is the argument proving your argument? If anything I think of is illogical then that is an illogical statement therefore logical things can be thought. Human logic defines what a creative force is because a human defines the word but logic is not having to do with being human but correct things. Creativity are forms of interaction producing certain things I call thoughts which are things therefore creativity is defined the way it is which is the only way it can be therefore what is logical. Correct?

People are about emotions and even when they are doing things that you would think are logical their emotions lead them astray. Why isis almost impossible to have a logical discussion about religion, politics or nearly anything without someone turning it into a name-calling mess? Most people are so worried about being right that they would rather be wrong and cling to that than be wrong and go on to a new line of thought. The history of science is full of this where people, when faced with proof of their error, destroyed or hid that proof rather than just shrugging and accepting the new theory.

Creation starts with NOTHING and then from that nothing something NEW arises. If you try to make it logical you end up basically copying or adapting something that already existed. Logic is the process of moving sequentially from one point to another showing the connections in each step. Logic is order. Creation starts with something that never existed before and then once created it can progress logically from there but the initial creation came from Nothing, from CHAOS, and is not a part of a line of reasoning. Ergo it is an illogical act.

I actually prefer NOT to argue. I instead like to discuss something and am quite willing and happy to learn new thoughts and ways and not in the least bothered by being proven wrong. That is how you learn and progress in your knowledge. I learn ever so much more when I am wrong than when I am right.

Harte

People are about emotions and even when they are doing things that you would think are logical their emotions lead them astray. Why isis almost impossible to have a logical discussion about religion, politics or nearly anything without someone turning it into a name-calling mess? Most people are so worried about being right that they would rather be wrong and cling to that than be wrong and go on to a new line of thought.
Maybe not "most," but certainly a lot.

The history of science is full of this where people, when faced with proof of their error, destroyed or hid that proof rather than just shrugging and accepting the new theory.
On the other hand, this is nonsense.

Creation starts with NOTHING and then from that nothing something NEW arises. If you try to make it logical you end up basically copying or adapting something that already existed. Logic is the process of moving sequentially from one point to another showing the connections in each step. Logic is order. Creation starts with something that never existed before and then once created it can progress logically from there but the initial creation came from Nothing, from CHAOS, and is not a part of a line of reasoning. Ergo it is an illogical act.
Current theory accounts for particles coming from nothing, and experiments validate that theory, but there's no scientific consensus on exactly how an entire universe can come from nothing.
There are competing theories about it though, and it's possible that it might be logically explained in the near future.

Harte

TexDanm

Try doing some reading about the many hoaxes and forbidden facts that are all over the scientific history most especially in the area of paleontology and anthropology. A "scientist refused to accept that man came out of Africa and to prove that white folks evolved in Europe he created the Piltdown man. There have been multiple instances where the bones and skulls of Europeans have been found and dated in the US from times long before the predicted time of Columbas. They have nearly all been destroyed. By Federal Law any human bones dated to before about 700 years ago are NATIVE AMERICAN and have to be turned over to them for destruction. This also means that any bones that would prove that man may have come to North America before 15,000 BC are destroyed. This is just a drop in the bucket. Science now is very little different from what it was when the Catholics were killing anyone with new ideas.

You don't have to fear illogical thoughts. Mostly illogical things represent things that are not at this time understood. Theories are just fancy ways of saying I GUESS and have no more validity than a child.s fairytales.

Insisting that everything is logical is illogical and nonsense.

dimension-1hacker

View attachment 8906

Try doing some reading about the many hoaxes and forbidden facts that are all over the scientific history most especially in the area of paleontology and anthropology. A "scientist refused to accept that man came out of Africa and to prove that white folks evolved in Europe he created the Piltdown man. There have been multiple instances where the bones and skulls of Europeans have been found and dated in the US from times long before the predicted time of Columbas. They have nearly all been destroyed. By Federal Law any human bones dated to before about 700 years ago are NATIVE AMERICAN and have to be turned over to them for destruction. This also means that any bones that would prove that man may have come to North America before 15,000 BC are destroyed. This is just a drop in the bucket. Science now is very little different from what it was when the Catholics were killing anyone with new ideas.

You don't have to fear illogical thoughts. Mostly illogical things represent things that are not at this time understood. Theories are just fancy ways of saying I GUESS and have no more validity than a child.s fairytales.

By definition though if something is not logical it cannot occur because there is no event that can occur if there is no way it can occur and if it can't occur you cant conceptualize the process. Correct.

And for emotions effecting logic, I meditate every day like starwar's Jedi

Harte

View attachment 8906

You assume I haven't "done some reading."
You made a ridiculous claim:
The history of science is full of this where people, when faced with proof of their error, destroyed or hid that proof rather than just shrugging and accepting the new theory.
If "The history of science is full of this..." sort of thing, why haven't you provided any instances where it happened?
You're the one that said this, not me. Why should I have to "do some reading?"
You give Piltdown as an example, but that wasn't done as a means to show the superiority of Europeans. It might have been sooner detected as a hoax if not for that belief though (see "Eolith Theory" for more on this.) Dawson perpetrated many other archaeological hoaxes, none of which had to do with humans. Do you suppose he was also trying to promote the idea that European animals were also superior?

What you say concerning the bones of Europeans found in North America is simply hogwash. You evidently keep yourself 40 years behind what's currently known, as you can only be talking about Kennewick Man, whose DNA HAS been analyzed - not even close to European.

You purposefully have put yourself in an ongoing fantasy world concerning established facts in Archaeology. I could speculate on why that might be. After all, learning is hard work. So much easier to avoid it by claiming "they" are hiding it all anyway so why bother.

Regarding theories, exactly how is it that you think you were able to post what you posted, if "theories are just fancy ways of saying I guess?" I mean, quantum theory - the same theory that accounts for the appearance of particles out of nothing - accounts for the very device you used to post that.

"I guess" you don't care to know much at all about the universe you are a part of.

Harte

TexDanm

By definition though if something is not logical it cannot occur because there is no event that can occur if there is no way it can occur and if it can't occur you cant conceptualize the process. Correct.

We are beating a dead horse. We see the world differently. You see everything is logical and understood or at least able to be understood and I live in a world full of questions. There can be no meeting of the minds. You refuse to believe that our academics would ever lie or cheat to protect their pet theories and I am all too aware that it is a fact. I bet this place drives you up the wall with its many illogical and unprovable beliefs. It has been fun but I am done...

"dimension-1hacker said, "By definition though if something is not logical it cannot occur because there is no event that can occur if there is no way it can occur and if it can't occur you cant conceptualize the process. Correct."

Isn't what you describe about what we know about the universe one second BEFORE the Big BANG or bounce or twang or whatever happened at that first moment? I can conceptualize it because I have a wild imagination with very few boundaries. I don't have to totally understand something to make wild guesses. I try to imagine as many impossible things as possible. I have seen and experienced illogical and impossible things. I have few answers but lots of questions.

dimension-1hacker

View attachment 8907
We are beating a dead horse. We see the world differently. You see everything is logical and understood or at least able to be understood and I live in a world full of questions. There can be no meeting of the minds. You refuse to believe that our academics would ever lie or cheat to protect their pet theories and I am all too aware that it is a fact. I bet this place drives you up the wall with its many illogical and unprovable beliefs. It has been fun but I am done...

"dimension-1hacker said, "By definition though if something is not logical it cannot occur because there is no event that can occur if there is no way it can occur and if it can't occur you cant conceptualize the process. Correct."

Isn't what you describe about what we know about the universe one second BEFORE the Big BANG or bounce or twang or whatever happened at that first moment? I can conceptualize it because I have a wild imagination with very few boundaries. I don't have to totally understand something to make wild guesses. I try to imagine as many impossible things as possible. I have seen and experienced illogical and impossible things. I have few answers but lots of questions.
I have allot of questions, why do two interacting neurons create consciousness when the neurons interacting are the only things occurring. I do not believe science is accurate because science by definition consists of guesses. Also there is a chance what I perceive is not an accurate description of the external world. Odds based systems are not accurate and because I do not understand why my senses perceive x I cannot determine which possible perception of the external is accurate. Because I cannot rule out any possibility anything is equally likely to bevaccurate

TimeFlipper

I have allot of questions, why do two interacting neurons create consciousness when the neurons interacting are the only things occurring. I do not believe science is accurate because science by definition consists of guesses. Also there is a chance what I perceive is not an accurate description of the external world. Odds based systems are not accurate and because I do not understand why my senses perceive x I cannot determine which possible perception of the external is accurate. Because I cannot rule out any possibility anything is equally likely to bevaccurate

There will ALWAYS be more questions than answers, you need to do something that prevents you from getting into a brain freeze situation, because that's where you will end up if you obsessively keep on asking questions...

TexDanm

Asking questions is nice but coming up with hair-brained theories and answers is a lot more fun as long as you don't take yourself too seriously.