Opposing beliefs/religions/spirituality.

dimension-1hacker

Asking questions is nice but coming up with hair-brained theories and answers is a lot more fun as long as you don't take yourself too seriously.
True but dont think the theories I mentioned; simulation theory, obsurdism, and more are false because of emotional reasons. Try not to think x things are "crazy" because many people do not believe it. Many people believe things simply because of assumptions and other peoples influence and can't provide logical proofs to back up x beliefs. I can back up these logical "theories" with proofs that can withstand the oppositions arguments.

Last edited:

TexDanm

If you have to only believe the things that you can logically explain there is so much that you will miss out on. What then do you do when something totally impossible by any logical knowledge happens to you?

dimension-1hacker

If you have to only believe the things that you can logically explain there is so much that you will miss out on. What then do you do when something totally impossible by any logical knowledge happens to you?
Logic is not knowledge by my definition but the correct ways to enterprete the knowledge; Things that I do not understand now can maybe be understood later, and if I don't understand the how's and why's anything is possible. The seemingly impossible has occurred to me.

TexDanm

Logic is an organized way to put things together to help you understand things. Sometimes the situation is totally out of that ability to put logical answers to things and have to deal with it. Logic isn't always a possible way to understand some things. Some things you have to deal with by faith and some things you just have to accept as unexplainable... or as in my case try and come up with a totally unsuportable illogical answer.

dimension-1hacker

Logic is an organized way to put things together to help you understand things. Sometimes the situation is totally out of that ability to put logical answers to things and have to deal with it. Logic isn't always a possible way to understand some things. Some things you have to deal with by faith and some things you just have to accept as unexplainable... or as in my case try and come up with a totally unsuportable illogical answer.
Maybe, maybe not, to prove that statement provide a proof. Somethings can be understood quickly other times not.

Last edited:

Khaos

where the wild things are
Maybe, maybe not, to prove that statement provide a proof. Somethings can be understood quickly other times not.

Spooky! Top 10 Unexplained Phenomena

It's 2018. Here are six scientific mysteries we still haven't solved.

Top 10 Unsolved Mysteries of the Strange Universe - Science and Technology Facilities Council

There are plenty of things out there that are presently unexplainable. Of course there are theories, but nobody really knows. Much like the creation of the universe, the generally accepted theory is the big bang, but even then that is just a theory. There is supporting evidence that such a big bang did occur

But let's stop asking the how and start asking the why. I think when we start asking the why, that becomes illogical. Why was the universe created for? Why does the universe exist? Why was life as we know it created for? Why does life as we know it exist?

None of it makes any sense really. There has to be a reason to everything, correct? But so far there doesn't seem to be a reason to why life and universe exist.

TimeFlipper

Spooky! Top 10 Unexplained Phenomena

It's 2018. Here are six scientific mysteries we still haven't solved.

Top 10 Unsolved Mysteries of the Strange Universe - Science and Technology Facilities Council

There are plenty of things out there that are presently unexplainable. Of course there are theories, but nobody really knows. Much like the creation of the universe, the generally accepted theory is the big bang, but even then that is just a theory. There is supporting evidence that such a big bang did occur

But let's stop asking the how and start asking the why. I think when we start asking the why, that becomes illogical. Why was the universe created for? Why does the universe exist? Why was life as we know it created for? Why does life as we know it exist?

None of it makes any sense really. There has to be a reason to everything, correct? But so far there doesn't seem to be a reason to why life and universe exist.

I particularly enjoyed reading about the Taos Hum...Acoustic and Radio Frequencies have been my main interest for a long time (y):D..

TexDanm

Why really is THE question in so many things that get pushed aside by other questions like what is it or is it real? If it is real why is it so hard to prove that fact and if it is not real, why do people all over the world swear that they are seeing it. Eventually, these questions will lead you to WHY NOT???

Not knowing seems to really bother some people. they go to the extreme point of the omnipotent "If you can't prove it to me then it isn't real!" I learned a long time ago that arguing with these folks is pointless and just makes them upset. Any evidence that you present is a lie, fake, a weather balloon, flares... In order to gain knowledge you can't be bothered by being wrong.

I think that WHY is most annoying to some people because there is no right and wrong answer since most of these questions have no positive absolute answers. If being right is important to you the WHY questions are hard on you.

I would say that in general, I run about 50/50 on the right wrong thing but it is when I was wrong that I learned something new and most worthwhile.

Harte

By definition though if something is not logical it cannot occur because there is no event that can occur if there is no way it can occur and if it can't occur you cant conceptualize the process. Correct.
Most of Lewis Carrol's work is logical - and logically consistent.
Still haven't see a rabbit check his pocket watch.

There are different kinds of logic.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Most of Lewis Carrol's work is logical - and logically consistent.
Still haven't see a rabbit check his pocket watch.

There are different kinds of logic.

Harte

Of course you haven't seen a rabbit check his watch yet!!, he didnt give you the "rabbit punch" :cool:..