Ouija Boards in Toys Stores

TimeFlipper

Thanks for your thoughts bluejay :)
Fortunately the stroke i had was a warning to cut out "binge drinking", which i have done :)

TimeFlipper

Thanks for your thoughts bluejay :)
Fortunately the stroke i had was a warning to cut out "binge drinking", which i have done :)
Good for you!! Note to self...stay away from ouija boards and binge drinking!
Thats great bluejay...stay far far away from those those two things, you might not have the same fortune as i had, if you dont :)

Miscellaneous

Good Girl :D
My first encounter with a Ouija board in 1966, was done in the same way as your school, but it was at a friends house, and i rationalised that one of my 3 friends was pushing the glass..
My second encounter was in 1971 when a friend brought into my work a proper Ouija board which freaked me out because it was only my hand on the planchette asking it questions and getting answers :eek:
Shotly after that in 1973 Ouija boards were banned from stores selling them by lots of pressure from religious groups..
Did you get a name with the activity you experienced?

I remember the town I grew up in, full of Mormons, had ouija boards removed from the stores too. Hahaha. Didn't stop us kids from looking for other ways to get spooked.
In 1971 one question i asked it was how old would i be when i die...The answer came back as 61 :eek:
I always had this thought of me dying then in the back of my mind, and one month after my 61st birthday i had a small stroke at work and i clearly recall something or someone stopping me going down the stairs from my office..I was the only person at work when that happened..
Fortunately iam 69 now and i dont have that niggling thought at the back of my mind anymore now lol :D

And you were a naughty girl looking for other ways to get "spooked" :eek::D
Waaaaat. You're 69? I should really stop thinking that everyone is an adult lol :p

TimeFlipper

Did you get a name with the activity you experienced?

I remember the town I grew up in, full of Mormons, had ouija boards removed from the stores too. Hahaha. Didn't stop us kids from looking for other ways to get spooked.
In 1971 one question i asked it was how old would i be when i die...The answer came back as 61 :eek:
I always had this thought of me dying then in the back of my mind, and one month after my 61st birthday i had a small stroke at work and i clearly recall something or someone stopping me going down the stairs from my office..I was the only person at work when that happened..
Fortunately iam 69 now and i dont have that niggling thought at the back of my mind anymore now lol :D

And you were a naughty girl looking for other ways to get "spooked" :eek::D
Waaaaat. You're 69? I should really stop thinking that everyone is an adult lol :p
:ROFLMAO:

Servantis

I think the things aren't really dangerous unless you don't know what you're doing with one,they can be useful for dealing with spirits that you need to communicate with.

That said I'm honestly skeptical about the ability of a massed produced one selling for ten bucks to have results,now an old one that was made for the purpose? yea that'd work.

TimeFlipper

I think the things aren't really dangerous unless you don't know what you're doing with one,they can be useful for dealing with spirits that you need to communicate with.

That said I'm honestly skeptical about the ability of a massed produced one selling for ten bucks to have results,now an old one that was made for the purpose? yea that'd work.
Nobody ever knows what they are doing with Ouija Boards, but if you want to have evil forces surrounding you at all times, then i suggest that you buy one of those "old ones"....:cautious:

Miscellaneous

Nobody ever knows what they are doing with Ouija Boards, but if you want to have evil forces surrounding you at all times, then i suggest that you buy one of those "old ones"....:cautious:
I'm not defending oija boards but it's a tool that any person can use for whatever purpose. I know some people who use say a tarot cards to communicate with their guides. While there are people who do it solely for the purpose of communicating the dead. Whatever purpose you have with a ouija board can determine what happens next. Really. It depends on what purpose you use it for. Like a gun. It's a tool that can make you decide whether to use it to kill people or save people. It's not the tool that's the problem. It's the user's purpose. But if you use a tool that you know nothing of, well it can usually lead to disaster.

TimeFlipper

I'm not defending oija boards but it's a tool that any person can use for whatever purpose. I know some people who use say a tarot cards to communicate with their guides. While there are people who do it solely for the purpose of communicating the dead. Whatever purpose you have with a ouija board can determine what happens next. Really. It depends on what purpose you use it for. Like a gun. It's a tool that can make you decide whether to use it to kill people or save people. It's not the tool that's the problem. It's the user's purpose. But if you use a tool that you know nothing of, well it can usually lead to disaster.
I agree totally with your last sentence...