Debunking Ouija Boards.

label

I know many of you are not going to like this, but in my opinion, the Ouija board is just a brilliant game involving one trickster and a room-full of gullible people.

In all truth it is a game I don't play because I believe it to be a door and once you open it well stuff can do enter. But yea for the most part someone may well be tricking their friend that said is everyone tricking everyone else?

Eventually things happen and sometimes it happens with very bad consequences so because I KNOW that bad things follow this "game" around and have seen some of the effects it had on GOOD people well all I can say is this

PLAY AT OWN RISK

Ayasano

Just to sort out some of the anti-science sentiment here:

When it comes to the scientific method, anecdotal evidence is fine as supporting evidence. It can't be the only evidence though. The core of the scientific method is repeatable experiments, and failing that, recordings of events. In the case of ouija boards, an experiment would be testing one in a controlled environment and accounting for all the variables, such as people subconsciously moving the pointer.

As for humans not knowing everything "therefore science is wrong"...just because we haven't explained something yet, doesn't mean we won't be able to eventually. (If you explain it, it stops being "magic")

solodroid

How does science find its way into everything? There is a reason why the paranormal hasn't been scientifically proven (not for the lack of trying though). Scientists need to stop sticking their noses into the supernatural and stick to curing alzhiemers and parkinsons and cancer and all those horrific diseases. They need your nose there.

Ayasano

How does science find its way into everything? There is a reason why the paranormal hasn't been scientifically proven (not for the lack of trying though). Scientists need to stop sticking their noses into the supernatural and stick to curing alzhiemers and parkinsons and cancer and all those horrific diseases. They need your nose there.

Why?

solodroid

Why? Because no matter how much scientists try to investigate the supernatural, they will never fully understand it. Yes they have come up with bits and pieces of evidence, but it will never be fully understood or explained.

Ayasano

I refer to my statement above. If you ask me why again, I'm just going to ignore it.

So you don't have an explanation for why "supernatural" things are impossible to explain by science? Okay, well, I'll counter by saying they are, because that's what history has shown us. To think otherwise is to advocate ignorance.

solodroid

Seriously? I'm not going to even entertain your argument anymore. I'm not a genius by a long shot and I'm not going to claim I am. Why don't you take your big brain and go argue in the time travel Forum. To try and explain the supernatural is like trying to prove there is a God. You can't.

Ayasano

Seriously? I'm not going to even entertain your argument anymore. I'm not a genius by a long shot and I'm not going to claim I am. Why don't you take your big brain and go argue in the time travel Forum. To try and explain the supernatural is like trying to prove there is a God. You can't.

You don't read the other forums much, do you? :p (And incidentally, the two are nothing alike. Whether a god or gods exist is inherently unfalsifiable, but the supernatural can easily be debunked or proven with enough research)

Also, having a big brain would be uncomfortable and ultimately pointless. Now, having a very wrinkly brain, on the other hand...