Paranormalis Channel

HDRKID

Paranormalis Channel for you tube would be a great project for next year. Would any one want to contribute resources. Please give me some feed back as to what you think about this one - peace. :)

paranormalis_channel4.gif

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That might be an idea if there are volunteers!

BlastTyrant

Short of just re-posting other videos, do we actually have any You tubbers here who make their own?

And by Resources do you mean $$$$$? or Material?

Justinian

I was thinking about a similar project, like a podcast, the other day. It would be neat if some people could get on.. maybe skype, and talk about recent posts on the forum. I have a long drive to work each day and listen to a lot of podcasts that do pretty much the same thing. But not to derail the thread here.. I think BT is kinda hitting a point here. What kind of videos are you thinking? Cause I mean we pretty much already do that on here with linking the youtube videos in the threads. I'm not sure how it works on Youtube to put other peoples videos on your channel. But maybe.. like setting up slideshows of pictures with some talking in the background? Perhaps an audio tour of different pictures, illustrating different threads from the forum? This last idea I think I like the most. Question now.. how do you make one of these? How many of us are technically inclined enough to do this? I think there would have to be a new thread put into place with the links maybe, and a schedule of upcoming videos, and also stickies with instructions on how to make these and also guidelines for submission. And by resources I'm assuming Num7 would not want to be the sole person tackling this. I mean the forum alone is a huge project, so there'd have to be someone that sits and watches each and every video, meticulously, so that nobody tries to slip in nude pics or too much swearing.. basically making sure the vids meet the guidelines.

Thoughts?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I agree that this could be a very interesting project. I also agree that I can't possibly take care of such a thing alone.

I believe though, that with the right people at the helm of such a project, it wouldn't be a problem at all. Many members know what kind of content we aim at and possibly what kind of stuff would interest the most people out there. As long as it's something that would be accepted on the forum, it's all right.

I'm open to the idea, although I don't have a lot of time to personally invest in it. That's why contributors would be needed.

Justinian

Okay, so I've really been giving this some thought. I think I'm more open to a podcast over a YouTube because with the YouTube, how many people really make their own on here and if so, is it enough to sustain a regular presence? I'm thinking though with a podcast maybe we can each share a turn at hosting and interviewing. But even if so, a few things need straightened out first.

Where is it to be hosed?

Who has video and or audio editing experience because ideally one person might not be enough.

If not shared hosting and the current host turns outgo suck, who gets to break the news to them?

How will files be shared between hosts and editors? Community Dropbox account?

And Num7's version of pronunciation. Is it para(like parrot minus the t) - norm - uh liss or Al (mans name) - liss? Or how? That way nobody is offending our caretaker. :p

Maybe have a community driven schedule too. Like a weekly poll to determine next weeks topic. Or pull up the hottest thread of the week and get a conference call with the users on there to continue the talk on the video/audio show.

And is the be a community thing or an outreach program?

Lots of ideas here from me but I'm interested just not sure I have THE voice.

Justinian

I was trying out the tapatalk app and so some of that last post took forever to type due to autocorrect. But I was thinking, maybe the first one of these vlogs or whatever could be a slideshow of the history of the forums. I'm really interested in this. the more of these blubbering idiots I hear on podcasts and vlogs, and game tutorials, the more I realize that this can be done. I'm thinking of trying out an audio recording and seeing how it turns out. I just have to find some time when my roommates don't think I'm in here going crazy.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I guess it would be hosted on Youtube. The shared hosting plan the site is currently on doesn't have enough juice for video streaming. And Youtube would pretty much give the video much more visibility than we can possibly do here. Dropbox could do the job as well, but I'd prefer Youtube. More visibility and more convenient. We could have our own Youtube account, which contributors would have access to in order to upload the videos on there.

I don't have issues regarding pronunciation, as long as it's understandable. For your personal enjoyment though, I'll give you a glimpse at how we pronounce Paranormalis in French. :p
Google Translate

About the content. I assume the easiest way to get this thing running at first would be to talk about the most active and most interesting threads of the X last days. Getting to talk to the posted can be an interesting idea. Or we could add more to the subject with videos and images, to explain things beyond what a written explanation can do.

There are tons of boring vlogs on the Internet. I'm convinced a few of us together can produce good enough videos.

I'll add the following for your consideration: About 2 years ago, we had a Paranormalis live talk show for 2 weeks in a row. It was a very interesting experience. Cosmo used to provide the platform and I would join him on Skype, while others would listen the the live stream on here (and interact with us using the chatroom). We had a chance to talk with Dr Z, and I think we got to talk with Himalayan Hermit too. It was time travel, HDR and paranormal talk. That kind of media gave us a live show for people to enjoy and take part in, then we would post it right after for all the Internetz to take a look at. It didn't last long because I was moving in with my GF and didn't have anymore time to do that. That, mixed with the fact that I didn't feel all that comfortable going live, made it so that it didn't come back afterwards.