Paranormalis Channel

Justinian

Okay.. So I made a FEW first attempts today at just some audio recordings. This is harder than it looks. And especially talking to myself, lol.

Justinian

Okay, so let me preface this post with the fact that I've never attempted audio editing before today. I downloaded this free program called Audacity. Everytime you hit stop, it starts recording from the beginning. I tried other free software to attempt a theme song, but I don't have the patience for that.. so I recorded myself singing Row row row your boat about 6 times at the same time. So I sound like a chorus. I'm lazy and it was fun. deal with it. LOL. :p But, I just chose a random post, and only talked about it for about 4 minutes. So it's a short show. Now, downsides.. I'm talking to myself the whole time. This sucks. So, from my newfound experience I think it would be best for anyone doing this to have a partner. I still like the idea of hopefully people volunteering to kinda call in and chat about their posts. I mean who better to talk about a post than the person that started the thread. But.. I digress. This was my first attempt ever at trying to record anything of me talking. I generally don't like the sound of my voice. Weird I know. But I actually had fun with this. So.. don't laugh too hard, and try not to be too critical of the subject matter. I also learned from this that anyone doing this full time needs to actually study and read the content beforehand as I do a lot of stuttering around looking for fillers while I skimmed through some of it. And my internet is kinda slow so I also thought I'd just search the forums while I started talking.. also not a good idea.

ANyways.. Paranormalis 1st Attempt by Cliff Hanger 4 on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Justinian

I think so.. It can cut in and out, but depending on time of day it should suffice for a clear call with no static and limited cut outs.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Is there anyone here who'd be interested to do the video editing part of our possible video logs? Your job would be to stick images together with an audio clip.

We're currently analyzing the options and opportunities we have here.

Justinian

Okay.. so I did a more .. serious one so to say. However, I used windows movie maker to put in pictures and it only outputs it to a .wmm file. What I did just until it's figured out who or what or when, was to just talk about the website. I'm going through now and taking screenshots of the website and then editing those to have large circles around the areas of the site that I'm discussing. Then going in and putting those pictures so they match the words. I figured that the first episode or whatever is going to be a difficult one.. but might as well just talk a little about the site. so I ramble and get tongue twisted. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Anyways, once I get this thing done, we'll figure out some way (probably shared youtube like we discussed above) and then embed it here for all to see.

Justinian

what would also be nice is to have a theme song. Something that plays in the beginning and gets your attention. I tried a few software that let you make music, but I figure I'm about half tone deaf, so I'm the wrong guy for that as anything really sounds good to me. Kinda why I think some music is decent that others say is horrible. Oh well.