Pattern? maybe civil unrest, proof?

August

Paul and Cornelia,

\"Where did all these Indians come from?\" (Montana, 1876)

\"I think we can hold this place.\" (San Antonio, 1836)

\"They will break in the center.\" (Pennsylvania, 1863)

\"Home by Christmas.\" (Belgium, 1944)

and

\"Mission accomplished\"

I laughed out loud and startled my dog. Very good. I did not think of those.

Judge Bean

I still don't get the Parting of the Sea analogy. Is it the Egyptians who are to be surprised by the huge disaster, or those who follow Moses who doubted his powers? Moses himself was apparently taken by surprise at the event, too.

How does all of it relate to urban Americans in 2012? We can't tell at this point just what might surprise us then, or them there. Was Titor referring to nuclear holocaust? He seems to have been talking about two different surprises: One, the big surprise for those in the city, which apparently can be avoided, and, Two, the fact that so many millions stayed in the city.

It works out to gibberish. He doesn't want to go into any more detail when pressed for crucial probative information-- that is, you might be able to test him against his predictions if he gave you too much more detail, so he begs off with a stupid rule about not wanting to ruin a surprise. This has been taken as a kind of Gospel rhetorical ploy (e.g., "I can't tell you all that I might, for your little brains couldn't take it."), but we shouldn't allow it fool us. If it's that obvious that you ought to evacuate, his talk of "surprises" is mightily empty.

Darkwolf

I still don't get the Parting of the Sea analogy. Is it the Egyptians who are to be surprised by the huge disaster, or those who follow Moses who doubted his powers? Moses himself was apparently taken by surprise at the event, too.

I just think that refers to a large scale ambush, or surprise operation of some kind. If the egyptian intellegence service had read on the tablet net that a time traveler had said that the sea would part then would drown the army, there is a chance that they might have chosen not to follow. Not that they would nessisarially believe in time travel, but once predicted scenarios start to play out, sometimes people catch on.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 12 2004, 11:35 PM

I just think that refers to a large scale ambush, or surprise operation of some kind. If the egyptian intellegence service had read on the tablet net that a time traveler had said that the sea would part then would drown the army, there is a chance that they might have chosen not to follow. Not that they would nessisarially believe in time travel, but once predicted scenarios start to play out, sometimes people catch on.

Drawing a particolored hanky over an empty urn, I invoke the spirit of all mountebanks who've passed before, and order the contents to disappear.

StarLord

Don't forget, they had all those warnings they could stomach in the form of the plagues. Funny, you'd think all the restaurant owners would have purely swooned over all those dinners falling from the sky in the form of frogs. Or did they just take over in swarms overland led by a Bull Frog named Patton?

Besides, a man able to predict the future no matter How vague would have been snapped up and made high priest in a red sea second.

Judge Bean

"Then surely you will let my people go--" Not much by way of surprise there: told them pretty much what was in store. The parting of the sea was quite a surprise, but it was not entirely fair to the Egyptians: some surprises are acceptable.

It seems that Titor was talking about the rescue of the good folk by some sort of incredible intervention-- not by God, but by the next best thing in his Mad Max world: nuclear bombs. In other words, the cities are nuked to save the scrappy militias fighting in the countryside, who get to inherit the earth long after the fat and lazy ones (us), the Ugly Americans, have ruined it.

Well OK. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Smooth-Operator

Regarding the vote-
I must agree that education has lil to do with it, it's what I choose to call,
"The Sneakiness Factor"

Did any of you know that The GOP campaign targeted the AMISH
in Ohio.

The Amish for cryin out loud who don't watch TV much less cable or the internet so when the Bush folks came in to Amishland of Ohio, the Amish liked what they heard from Dubya's folks the best.

Republicans look to Amish for support

I know for sure MY vote was counted but my parents were not. And I live in Texas. Yes, the election was rigged, IMHO.

I'm curious as to how some people could NOT see the administration is the Media's puppetmaster. :::shrugs::: but I'll leave it at that.

Paul Wrote:

How does all of it relate to urban Americans in 2012?

I would say it has to do with the Egyptians just had all these warnings of what would happen if they didn't free the slaves. History often repeats itself. At the height of all "Great" civilizations, what happens? I know what yer gonna say, they fall. :::chuckles::: Well, yes, but society begins to unravel, and that happens while the Rulers of the day are busy extending their empire. The outcome; Because of the greed they seek in the name of power and riches, the leaders become blinded to the turmoil around them . It happened to Rome, Egypt, Spain, France, England, etc...

Nobody believed the Titanic was sinkable until it sank, right? The fact is, nobody saw any of these things coming until it happened. Then it was too late. I think JT was also trying to tell us, as a society we have a lot to learn and some things are best learned the hard way.

Hope that makes sense.
@);-
rose.gif
@);-

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Nov 16 2004, 12:27 PM
Perfect sense. I just can't figure out if I'm an Egyptian or an Israelite.
:::chuckles::: Egyptians equal the big Govt/ Corporate mobsters in charge,
Isrealites equal the good citizens of the US of A who have lessons to learn.

I just hope we're not stuck in a collective desert for 40 years in order to learn it.

tiere027.gif

StarLord

That's already been done. The only thing you get there is Mana, sand fleas and interuptions of the third kind.