Percent divergence

Sam Slagg

If you are basing your conclusions about 'time travel' or the legitimacy of Titor on the face value of the posts, then yes, it is nonsense.

Well, I really have no conclusions about time travel. As yet, I see no evidence to suggest that it has been achieved. However, when we start mixing one theory on top of another on top of another, time, dimension, plane, gravity, distance, etc., it can be a mine field. Is it possible? With all of these variables, who the heck knows? I could no more claim it is than I could claim it isn't.

As for "Titor" who actually began his hoax on a different board as "timetravellr" I have brought to attention a few things that have been conveniently lost over the years. Face value is all that we have and it is, without the shadow of a doubt, NONSENSE.

AAA

Time travel is a reality
If you are basing your conclusions about 'time travel' or the legitimacy of Titor on the face value of the posts, then yes, it is nonsense.

Well, I really have no conclusions about time travel. As yet, I see no evidence to suggest that it has been achieved. However, when we start mixing one theory on top of another on top of another, time, dimension, plane, gravity, distance, etc., it can be a mine field. Is it possible? With all of these variables, who the heck knows? I could no more claim it is than I could claim it isn't.

As for "Titor" who actually began his hoax on a different board as "timetravellr" I have brought to attention a few things that have been conveniently lost over the years. Face value is all that we have and it is, without the shadow of a doubt, NONSENSE.

Face value is all that most people have. I am the exception.

I cannot give a technical explanation as to exactly how, and/or in what capacity, time travel exists. What I can say is that, over the last 15-20 years, I have personally witnessed countless examples of information moving backward in time.

It's real alright.

As far as the Titor posts go, the 'cover story' is complete bullshit. The posts serve as a medium to convey cryptic information. That's why it makes no sense.

Engineers will marvel, no doubt, at its gleaming mechanisms, while mathematicians will be awestruck by the sheer quantity of its collected data and the powerful algorithms sifting through it. And physicists will wait eagerly for possibly the first evidence of a higher-dimensional realm beyond space and time.
Well, I bit off a little more than I cared to chew with that one, but it was interesting to catch up on the latest and greatest that science has to offer.

For me, a dimension is a path along which something changes. Whether it changes in physical space or in temporal "space", these are only two of the limitless ways in which something can change.

In order to differentiate something from something else, you have to perceive a difference along some kind of line or curve. If you look at these things from close up and study them minutely, you will find at least one difference, and perhaps even many.

If you decide you want to perceive the endpoints (or "extremes") and back up to get a look at the overall picture, you realize that these two things were a lot closer, a lot more similar than you'd noticed on closer inspection.

If you back up even more, for a finite possibility of changes the whole dimension will begin to collapse toward one single point, toward one single thing in an infinite void.

For an infinite number of possible changes, at an infinite distance these two points will fuse into one point on an infinite line. They might as well be the same thing.

This is why music from genres you dislike "all sounds the same", and why two groups from a genre you love are like night and day.

This is what a dimension is to me, and to me it is the reason why some people are called one-dimensional and others are called multi-dimensional.

I wonder if that's the artist's definition?

Sam Slagg

Time travel is a reality

Face value is all that most people have. I am the exception.

I cannot give a technical explanation as to exactly how, and/or in what capacity, time travel exists. What I can say is that, over the last 15-20 years, I have personally witnessed countless examples of information moving backward in time.

It's real alright.

As far as the Titor posts go, the 'cover story' is complete bullshit. The posts serve as a medium to convey cryptic information. That's why it makes no sense.

I appreciate your zeal but you cannot say that "time travel" is real any more than I can say it isn't. Experiencing an "anomaly" concerning information is hardly evidence that "time travel" exists. I would agree however that IF something were to "travel" through time, information would be the most likely candidate.

If you intend to argue that "time travel" exists with a complete lack of supporting evidence, understand that you are attempting to argue "faith" in an idea, no different than religious faith, which of course is a waste of time. With that in mind I will say that I appreciate your perspective and hope that you find what you are looking for with regard to "time travel." I however, do not support that perspective.

In my own personal opinion I would wonder why a race of beings who do not understand their own environment would wish to control an aspect of that environment such as time. I would consider "time travel" to be the most powerful weapon ever devised and I am concerned why such a violent race of beings would seek such a weapon. I hope that the human being never achieves "time travel" for that very reason.

In the spirit of "time travel" let me ask a question. If "time travel" were ever developed, do you believe that you would ever be made aware of it, regardless of who successfully achieves it? I would expect that the government would acquire the technology as quickly as possible and simply travel back in time to prevent it's development by the original discoverer, leaving them as the sole beneficiary of said technology.

AAA

I appreciate your zeal but you cannot say that "time travel" is real any more than I can say it isn't.

Indeed I can.

Experiencing an "anomaly" concerning information is hardly evidence that "time travel" exists.

I find it interesting that you have no idea what I am referring to in terms of specifics, yet you are quick to argue.

I would agree however that IF something were to "travel" through time, information would be the most likely candidate.

Thus far, that is all that I have seen. This is why I cannot say for sure of exactly what form time travel takes.

If you intend to argue that "time travel" exists with a complete lack of supporting evidence, understand that you are attempting to argue "faith" in an idea, no different than religious faith, which of course is a waste of time.

I have no intention of trying to 'prove' it to you. And it is likely more beneficial to me (as well as others) if I do not show the evidence. For all you know, I am only mentioning it for the benefit of someone else reading along.

With that in mind I will say that I appreciate your perspective and hope that you find what you are looking for with regard to "time travel." I however, do not support that perspective.

That much is obvious. Thank you for your encouraging wishes.

In my own personal opinion I would wonder why a race of beings who do not understand their own environment would wish to control an aspect of that environment such as time. I would consider "time travel" to be the most powerful weapon ever devised and I am concerned why such a violent race of beings would seek such a weapon.

I can certainly agree with the notion of how time travel (in whatever form) could be a potentially disastrous tool in the wrong hands, ...such as an infantile territorial and selfish violent species like humans.

I hope that the human being never achieves "time travel" for that very reason.

Unless it is extraterrestrials doing it, your hopes will not be realized.

In the spirit of "time travel" let me ask a question. If "time travel" were ever developed, do you believe that you would ever be made aware of it, regardless of who successfully achieves it?

I am telling you that is exactly what is happening. As best as I can tell, it is only out of necessity, a lesser of two evils, or risk assessment/management kind of thing.

I would expect that the government would acquire the technology as quickly as possible and simply travel back in time to prevent it's development by the original discoverer, leaving them as the sole beneficiary of said technology.

That may very well be the case, or at least an attempt at such. Although I am not so sure it works like that. My theory is that it is not physical, but rather metaphysical, thus carrying with it certain limitations.

For example; If it is an ability to communicate, but not actually physical, then to effect the past or parallel past, you would have to send a message with instructions. There is no guarantee that those instructions could be successfully carried out.

Sam Slagg

I appreciate your zeal but you cannot say that "time travel" is real any more than I can say it isn't.

Indeed I can.

Experiencing an "anomaly" concerning information is hardly evidence that "time travel" exists.

I find it interesting that you have no idea what I am referring to in terms of specifics, yet you are quick to argue.

I would agree however that IF something were to "travel" through time, information would be the most likely candidate.

Thus far, that is all that I have seen. This is why I cannot say for sure of exactly what form time travel takes.

If you intend to argue that "time travel" exists with a complete lack of supporting evidence, understand that you are attempting to argue "faith" in an idea, no different than religious faith, which of course is a waste of time.

I have no intention of trying to 'prove' it to you. And it is likely more beneficial to me (as well as others) if I do not show the evidence. For all you know, I am only mentioning it for the benefit of someone else reading along.

With that in mind I will say that I appreciate your perspective and hope that you find what you are looking for with regard to "time travel." I however, do not support that perspective.

That much is obvious. Thank you for your encouraging wishes.

In my own personal opinion I would wonder why a race of beings who do not understand their own environment would wish to control an aspect of that environment such as time. I would consider "time travel" to be the most powerful weapon ever devised and I am concerned why such a violent race of beings would seek such a weapon.

I can certainly agree with the notion of how time travel (in whatever form) could be a potentially disastrous tool in the wrong hands, ...such as an infantile territorial and selfish violent species like humans.

I hope that the human being never achieves "time travel" for that very reason.

Unless it is extraterrestrials doing it, your hopes will not be realized.

In the spirit of "time travel" let me ask a question. If "time travel" were ever developed, do you believe that you would ever be made aware of it, regardless of who successfully achieves it?

I am telling you that is exactly what is happening. As best as I can tell, it is only out of necessity, a lesser of two evils, or risk assessment/management kind of thing.

I would expect that the government would acquire the technology as quickly as possible and simply travel back in time to prevent it's development by the original discoverer, leaving them as the sole beneficiary of said technology.

That may very well be the case, or at least an attempt at such. Although I am not so sure it works like that. My theory is that it is not physical, but rather metaphysical, thus carrying with it certain limitations.

For example; If it is an ability to communicate, but not actually physical, then to effect the past or parallel past, you would have to send a message with instructions. There is no guarantee that those instructions could be successfully carried out.

You can? My apologies. Congratulations on your "time travel" breakthrough. Is this the same technology currently in use by such figures as Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and of course the ever elusive Easter Bunny, the only rabbit know to actually lay chicken eggs?

Not only do I appreciate your zeal for "time travel" technology existing, I absolutely love all the mystery. Perhaps you should change your nick to "Moriarty" or something a little more befitting.

Let me say this; if you knew something about "time travel" technology that the rest of us do not, you wouldn't be here boasting about such privileged knowledge, you would be dead within the week. All mystery and vague comments aside, if you refuse to offer evidence in support of your statements, then I will accept that this discourse has reached it's conclusion. It is times like these that I wish "time travel" were a reality, as I would love to have the last hour of my life back ;)

I look forward to your Nobel Prize on what must be the most important physics breakthrough of all time :D

Sam Slagg

To be completely fair, I will say that I have experienced something during a particular abduction that altered my perspective of the concept we call time, but I am not prepared to release that information at this time, if ever. However, I still cannot say with absolute certainty that "time travel" exists or doesn't exist.

AAA

You can? My apologies. Congratulations on your "time travel" breakthrough.

Thank you, but I am not so sure congratulations are in order. It is more of a burden than anything. I've had to sacrifice quite a bit, and not by choice. I happen to be borne into a rare, arguably unique, situation that has apparently attracted opportunists with 'not so good' intentions. Otherwise, I would probably be as ignorant as the rest of you.

Is this the same technology currently in use by such figures as Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and of course the ever elusive Easter Bunny, the only rabbit know to actually lay chicken eggs?

Very funny.

Again, I cannot say for sure exactly how it works. There is much more that I don't know in comparison to what I do know. But what little I do know is just enough to grasp a general idea of what is going on. And that is of enormous complexity.

Interestingly enough, I do suspect 'Santa Claus' is somehow involved.

Not only do I appreciate your zeal for "time travel" technology existing, I absolutely love all the mystery. Perhaps you should change your nick to "Moriarty" or something a little more befitting.

Again, very funny. I can certainly appreciate good sarcasm.

Let me say this; if you knew something about "time travel" technology that the rest of us do not, you wouldn't be here boasting about such privileged knowledge, you would be dead within the week.

In order to make that statement, you must assume quite a bit.

To be honest, I have been thinking the same thing and have actually taken measures to provoke exactly that. Who knows. I may be murdered yet.

All mystery and vague comments aside, if you refuse to offer evidence in support of your statements, then I will accept that this discourse has reached it's conclusion. It is times like these that I wish "time travel" were a reality, as I would love to have the last hour of my life back ;)

No one is forcing you to converse.

I look forward to your Nobel Prize on what must be the most important physics breakthrough of all time :D

I think you confuse identifying 'clear' evidence with accomplishments in physics.

To be completely fair, I will say that I have experienced something during a particular abduction that altered my perspective of the concept we call time, but I am not prepared to release that information at this time, if ever. However, I still cannot say with absolute certainty that "time travel" exists or doesn't exist.

I can. But I cannot say much more than that. It's actually very frustrating.

arvin

A big problem I use to have with the percent divergence, given by Titor and other 2035ers, was a percent is based on a mathematical division. It is useless to talk about a 1% or 5% divergence if there are not actual numbers you are dividing. Sure you can say an ant turns one way or another but those examples are not numbers you can divide.

I understand the 2004 MySpace Titor may not qualify as "the real" John Titor for some of you, or perhaps any but me, but at least he explained the percent divergence that had some mathematical foundation. It was divergence found from cesium clock readings. This is something you can compute mathematically. The turning of the ant are just implications of that divergence.

I am not sure why I am inclined to share this. For those who understand my peeve about a percent being unfounded, I see a low likelihood they give much credence to Titor. Those who give credence to Titor tend to exclude many others I consider related. Those who are open minded on those two fronts tend not to squabble about mathematical foundations. So yeah. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

The "real" John Titor based the majority of his information on a series of books by Dolores Cannon. He was not a "real" time traveler as they do not exist. Time is a CONCEPT, nothing more. When you figure out how to travel through a concept, let me know.

What is the single biggest problem when hoaxing time travel? Of course it is the fact that people will want SPECIFIC "future" information in an effort to establish your legitimacy. How to solve that problem? Hmmmmmm....I know! A timeline "divergence!" Yeah....that's the ticket....

Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure out mathematics that do not exist. Multiple timelines are as much a fantasy as the fountain of youth. Multiple dimensions, yes. John Titor is a HOAX. It amazes how this BS story is still making the rounds..........

Goodluck dude

Sam Slagg

A big problem I use to have with the percent divergence, given by Titor and other 2035ers, was a percent is based on a mathematical division. It is useless to talk about a 1% or 5% divergence if there are not actual numbers you are dividing. Sure you can say an ant turns one way or another but those examples are not numbers you can divide.

I understand the 2004 MySpace Titor may not qualify as "the real" John Titor for some of you, or perhaps any but me, but at least he explained the percent divergence that had some mathematical foundation. It was divergence found from cesium clock readings. This is something you can compute mathematically. The turning of the ant are just implications of that divergence.

I am not sure why I am inclined to share this. For those who understand my peeve about a percent being unfounded, I see a low likelihood they give much credence to Titor. Those who give credence to Titor tend to exclude many others I consider related. Those who are open minded on those two fronts tend not to squabble about mathematical foundations. So yeah. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

The "real" John Titor based the majority of his information on a series of books by Dolores Cannon. He was not a "real" time traveler as they do not exist. Time is a CONCEPT, nothing more. When you figure out how to travel through a concept, let me know.

What is the single biggest problem when hoaxing time travel? Of course it is the fact that people will want SPECIFIC "future" information in an effort to establish your legitimacy. How to solve that problem? Hmmmmmm....I know! A timeline "divergence!" Yeah....that's the ticket....

Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure out mathematics that do not exist. Multiple timelines are as much a fantasy as the fountain of youth. Multiple dimensions, yes. John Titor is a HOAX. It amazes how this BS story is still making the rounds..........

Goodluck dude
To you as well