Polybius | The Most Deadly Video Game in History

OakFieldAlienz444

Einstein seems to really like these AJ and hecklefish videos lol.

I remember posting something about Polybius here once,
I used to love getting creeped out reading about that
it would have made an excellent X-Files episode even if it never existed.

They try to say it got mixed up with a game that began with the word 'Poly'
and sounded similar. My guess is there was probly some dusty machine somewhere
with some really weirdass game. The Angry Video Game Nerd played the
real Polybius once, and lived to tell about it:

ArthurPandragon

About the "cursed video game" stuff, I wonder if:
1) Would anybody have other examples ?
2) Do you think if any exists for true they would proceed from mental manipulation (e.g. subliminal messages) or Magick (e.g. hypersigil)?

OakFieldAlienz444

About the "cursed video game" stuff, I wonder if:
1) Would anybody have other examples ?
2) Do you think if any exists for true they would proceed from mental manipulation (e.g. subliminal messages) or Magick (e.g. hypersigil)?

these are the examples I would use:

listen to the way the spooky voice says "Seeeegaaaaa" practically like a zombie.

Look at the weird almost space alien like symbols and the
slow mystical and magical sounding trance-inducing intro:

note: I'm a longtime gamer so you can ask me anything.
Based on what I've read about Polybius I can't verify any of that
but I remember a certain website that had some rare info on it that is sketchy and spooky.
I will try to gather info on it.
However, I am 99% sure Polybius never existed.
People played asteroids and something that began with "Poly" and it all
got jarbled together to create a video game creepypasta.

Last edited:

ArthurPandragon

these are the examples I would use:

listen to the way the spooky voice says "Seeeegaaaaa" practically like a zombie.

Look at the weird almost space alien like symbols and the
slow mystical and magical sounding trance-inducing intro:

note: I'm a longtime gamer so you can ask me anything.
Based on what I've read about Polybius I can't verify any of that
but I remember a certain website that had some rare info on it that is sketchy and spooky.
I will try to gather info on it.
However, I am 99% sure Polybius never existed.
People played asteroids and something that began with "Poly" and it all
got jarbled together to create a video game creepypasta.
Thank you for all those precisions and your analysis!
Also, I share your opinion about Polybius: it is surely a creepypasta only.
Nonetheless, I wonder if this story has been created and then spread simply for fun or due to misleading remembers.
I mean, several aspects of the original creepypasta plus the dubious testimony of Steven Roach in 2006 lead me to suspect somekind of manipulation.
I pointed out numerous elements that matched with other stories e.g. South American or Eastern European connections, WWII and Cold War experimentations on mind, or also the story behind this name of Steven Roach with this cult that managed a school and abused children.
So, I ask: is it a manner to cover up a true stuff by discrediting it through an unbased story to argue then "you only mess up with this creepypasta"? Or, is it a way to induce an obsession about a few topics in the public and then lead them by the nose? And so, for what?

Mayhem

Zenith
'So, I ask: is it a manner to cover up a true stuff by discrediting it through an unbased story to argue then "you only mess up with this creepypasta"? Or, is it a way to induce an obsession about a few topics in the public and then lead them by the nose? And so, for what?'

I think your right not only possibly in this instance but other areas of life over the years.

For what? There could be a few things at play. Maybe money, some sort of weird fame attached, or changing the narrative for their own purposes whether its history related or not.

ArthurPandragon

'So, I ask: is it a manner to cover up a true stuff by discrediting it through an unbased story to argue then "you only mess up with this creepypasta"? Or, is it a way to induce an obsession about a few topics in the public and then lead them by the nose? And so, for what?'

I think your right not only possibly in this instance but other areas of life over the years.

For what? There could be a few things at play. Maybe money, some sort of weird fame attached, or changing the narrative for their own purposes whether its history related or not.
Thank you Mayhem! I appreciate your pragmatic point of view for I have wondered since the beginning of my researches that the stake were ideological and so could involve struggle for power then violence. But, you are right: maybe purposes are only money or fame.

OakFieldAlienz444

Thank you for all those precisions and your analysis!
Also, I share your opinion about Polybius: it is surely a creepypasta only.
Nonetheless, I wonder if this story has been created and then spread simply for fun or due to misleading remembers.
I mean, several aspects of the original creepypasta plus the dubious testimony of Steven Roach in 2006 lead me to suspect somekind of manipulation.
I pointed out numerous elements that matched with other stories e.g. South American or Eastern European connections, WWII and Cold War experimentations on mind, or also the story behind this name of Steven Roach with this cult that managed a school and abused children.
So, I ask: is it a manner to cover up a true stuff by discrediting it through an unbased story to argue then "you only mess up with this creepypasta"? Or, is it a way to induce an obsession about a few topics in the public and then lead them by the nose? And so, for what?

And thank you for adding that input because..........
The Steven Roach cult thing was the missing link, the creepy
information that I stumbled upon once but couldn't ever find again.
That was the one thing that gave me the 1% chance the whole thing might be real..

ArthurPandragon

And thank you for adding that input because..........
The Steven Roach cult thing was the missing link, the creepy
information that I stumbled upon once but couldn't ever find again.
That was the one thing that gave me the 1% chance the whole thing might be real..
Year, this was also among the points that continued making me think there was something of uncanny.
Furthermore, they are patterns that have been recycled from Counter-Culture literature notably in Discordian stuff until several modern creepypastas but also in recent video games especially indie.