Schematic Poo's Device

Pegii

Hi Pegii

Looking at that schematic kind of looks like two coat hangers connected to make a large wire loop. So start with that first. Then measure the circumference of the wire loop. Write that down. Next you will need a roll of magnet wire. The AWG of the magnet wire is not specified. So you will have to choose first. I happen to have a large roll of 20 AWG magnet wire. That measures .032" in thickness. But different size magnet wire has different thicknesses. Anyway all you need to do to find out how many turns of wire to use is to divide the circumference of the wire loop by the thickness of the magnet wire. So if the circumference is 60", then divide 60 by .032. That comes out to 1875 turns. I might choose thicker wire though, to cut down on the number of turns.

Here is a schematic of a converter circuit you could use with capacitor and resistor values shown.

RC_Filter.png
Aw thanks Einstein. I just have another question. Is there anything you can do it beef it up? Like to access a more remote and different universe like for example... if your Dad didn't die or your husband didn't divorce you or your kid never went to college.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Hi Pegii

Looking at that schematic kind of looks like two coat hangers connected to make a large wire loop. So start with that first. Then measure the circumference of the wire loop. Write that down. Next you will need a roll of magnet wire. The AWG of the magnet wire is not specified. So you will have to choose first. I happen to have a large roll of 20 AWG magnet wire. That measures .032" in thickness. But different size magnet wire has different thicknesses. Anyway all you need to do to find out how many turns of wire to use is to divide the circumference of the wire loop by the thickness of the magnet wire. So if the circumference is 60", then divide 60 by .032. That comes out to 1875 turns. I might choose thicker wire though, to cut down on the number of turns.

Here is a schematic of a converter circuit you could use with capacitor and resistor values shown.

RC_Filter.png
Aw thanks Einstein. I just have another question. Is there anything you can do it beef it up? Like to access a more remote and different universe like for example... if your Dad didn't die or your husband didn't divorce you or your kid never went to college.

Just my suggestion to use a sine wave generator in place of the transistor radio is all I got. But the actual sine wave frequency is unknown. So different frequencies would have to be tried to look for anomalies. Of course you could pay which direction you pass your body through the loop. The more times you pass through, I would think would put you further away from the starting point. So pay attention to that in case you end up somewhere you would rather not be. Then just reverse your pass through direction to return to the starting universe.

Pegii

Hi Pegii

RC_Filter.png

Just my suggestion to use a sine wave generator in place of the transistor radio is all I got. But the actual sine wave frequency is unknown. So different frequencies would have to be tried to look for anomalies. Of course you could pay which direction you pass your body through the loop. The more times you pass through, I would think would put you further away from the starting point. So pay attention to that in case you end up somewhere you would rather not be. Then just reverse your pass through direction to return to the starting universe.
Sorry for so many questions just soooooooo excited! Also if you repeat 'this is the universe where my uncle didn't go to jail' or anything under your breath and think about it are you more likely to go to that Universe?

Martian

A toroidal coil confines the entire magnetic field to its interior volume. That means that there will be no field present in the center of the hoop.

TimeFlipper

The wire loop that creates a vortex for moving through, reminded me of an episode of that fantastic US show, The Big Bang Theory..
Howard and Raj were wondering why Sheldon kept disappearing for 20 minutes, during his 1 hour lunch break..So Howard and Raj decided to follow him and discovered he was in a locked basement room..After Sheldon left they got into the room and placed a small video recorder into it...;)

The next day Howard and Raj were looking at the video clip to discover Sheldon opening up a small vortex in the basement room and putting his head into it!!..Suddenly there was screaming and Sheldon pulled out his head with a creature sticking to his face, just like in the movie Alien :eek:....Howard and Raj were unaware Sheldon was standing behind them, and when he threw the Alien mask onto their computer it scared the hell out of them!! :D

Sheldon went on to say that he saw them put the videocam into the basement room, and set up a special effect recording loop of the Vortex Alien scenario :p:D....Sheldon also pointed out that Howard and Raj should mind their own business in the future ;):D

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Hi Pegii

I haven't built this device. So I don't know what will happen. The inventor claims only a 25% success rate that you will notice something different. And despite my suggestions to try a sine wave generator, I would suggest making this device exactly like the inventor shows us.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
A toroidal coil confines the entire magnetic field to its interior volume. That means that there will be no field present in the center of the hoop.

That was the reason I was interested in this one. There is no external magnetic field at all. Only the electric field is present. And because of the step down transformer, that electric field will have a very low voltage value. The electric field is supposed to be uniform throughout the inner area of the loop. This is something that I thought was just plain weird.

Falkon303

That's all the info I have on this one. I think this one is mostly just for experimentation. If you'll notice the info says just a 25% success rate.

But if you want some ideas... How about an audio sine wave generator in place of the transistor radio? Then an amplifier after that. For the step down transformer just try a standard 120volt to 12volt. Radio Shack still has those in stock. The clothes hanger loop with the magnet wire looks to be the most time consuming and tedious part of the project.

So if it's a 25% success rate you should be able to try it four times and it will work at least once?