Predictions Predictions

Peregrini

Hi HDRKID;
I'm afraid I can not get as excited about gold as you are. Current gold prices are out of line with market and dollar fluctuations. I'll use your analogy. The price of a cow in 1910 ( 100 years ago from 2010 the set price I will use for stable pricing) was $ 4.67 cwt. In 2010 the price was $ 134.69 cwt. Adjusting for inflation, $ 4.67 in 1910 is $ 107.89 in 2010 dollars. About a 25% difference. Gold was $ 18.92 in 1910 and $ 1224.53 in 2010. Adjusting again $ 18.92 is $437.10 in 2010 dollars. That's a 180% more. Now we need to remember gold price was set by the governments until 1968 when it was allowed to follow market demand and it's been every man for himself since. The problem I see with gold (other than an inflated price) is in the event of a global economic collapse, while gold will sky rocket, how long will the people who HAVE THE FOOD be willing to trade it for something with an exaggerated price which you CAN NOT EAT. Right now gold is a fear driven commodity and present prices are not in line with realistic future demand. It is priced far beyond an inflationary hedge. Keep in mind gold's true value is as a decoration. ALL THE GOLD EVER MINED IN THE WORLD, at $ 1600 an oz, totals only $ 8 trillion. That's about half the current US debt which is partially behind all the worry driving the price of gold and the economic worries.
If you really feel the economy is going to fail completely you might be better off stock piling freeze dried foods and bottled water. Or, buy a cow now, while you still can. You can get 3 for an ounce of gold at current prices. Either way, best of luck to you.
http://www.nma.org/pdpdff/gold/his_gold_prices.

http://mcduffee-associates.us/dissertation/cattle.pdf

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You must never get rid of anything in case of sudden drop. They said it always tend to go up on the long run, so be patient. OK, sometimes it's better sell everything, but not when it's gold I guess.

HDRKID

Hi num:

I am not selling a single ounce. Here are some NYC predictions.

Basically, irene is making land fall in NYC in a few hours.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/08/28/tropical.weather/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

That means lots of flooding for low areas. Also, due to winds only being 75mph you will not have a gigantic storm surge. However, you will have down tree limbs in central park and many without power. This causes a major concern.

It is not a lot of fun living in a high rise. First the elevators do not work so people must take stairs and that can be a pain. Also, it is the month of August so things will get very warm. Sadly, most people do not have generators to operate their fans, and transportation will not be easy. Roads will have mud and debris that needs to be carted away.

Hurricane irene will hurt our economy some more. Already some are saying chances of a recession are 80% and rising. The good news is that it is only 75 mph so inland damage will be similar to a bad storm and not the devastation we saw with Katrina which was epic.

Flooding will cause a lot of damage due to heavy rain. Thankfully, there will not be a gigantic storm surge. Still, expect the dollar amounts to be in the billions due to the hurricane that is slow moving. Already, overflowing its banks is the east river.

Oh yes, there are empty shelves in the groceries. However, many people did stock up. That is always idea to prepare.

HDRKID

Back in 2005 I told people to sell their real estate and buy gold. A realtor told me that the average house in miami in 2005 was $300,000 and is now $147,000. That might be, but a lady told me that she sold her house in 2005 for $595,00 that she bought in 1975 for $75,000 was built in 1962 and sold for $6,000. Well, the bank cannot even get $200,00 for it now.

There is a mountain of foreclosures and properties are not moving. I still remember the debunkers laughing at me when I told them that real estate would fall like a house of cards and they needed to get out right away. Back in 2005 gold was approx $400 an ounce. Today it is $1827.36 right now. I plan to buy more monday before it goes up even more.

OK so many of my friends are big traders, they are well aware of what is going on. They do not spend their time posting idiocy on forums and giggling like morons. Back in 2005 many started building deep underground shelters and getting ready for what is coming.

Back in 2005 I told people to buy gold and other metals most precious. The suggestion now is to get a chicken coop. I believe John Titor told people to get a bicycle and some spares. Buying real estate was great advice in the 1960's, but it is not great advice now.

What is coming should not be a major surprise. The government is running multi trillion dollar deficits every year. China is getting tired of loaning us money. This should give you a heads up.

TAKEN FROM http://finance.yahoo.com/career-wor...lYwN3ZWVrZW5kRWRpdGlvbgRzbGsDdGhlc2xvd2Rpc2Fw

Among the critical category of prime working-age men between 25 and 54, only 81.2 percent held jobs, a barely noticeable improvement from its low point last year. To put those numbers in perspective, consider that in 1969, 95 percent of men in their prime working years had a job. Men who do have jobs are getting paid less. After accounting for inflation, median wages for men between 30 and 50 dropped 27 percent—to $33,000 a year— from 1969 to 2009,

Ren

HDRKid, I don't think gold is going to save us, friend.
Nor is freeze drying foods.
It is better to spend our time learning how to preserve foods in cans.

HDRKID

Hi ren:

I have a lot of cans. There is enough to feed a whole army. Basically, the positive thing about food storage is that you are ready for even a small crisis. A friend told me that in the future you hear a lot of generators going. Most farmers have large tanks of diesel fuel and generators, but social unrest will make distribution of food spotty at best, so it is a good idea to plan on a multi year crisis.

However, eventually the cans run out and that is where the garden comes in. People need to start growing more. That is the solution for a long term crisis. With out machines, wheat is a pain. The best grain to grow is corn. In fact, it is easy to harvest and process.

Most people are finally waking up now.

TAKEN FROM http://www.theatlantic.com/business...nce-falls-most-since-financial-crisis/244327/
What recovery? That must have been the question stuck in the minds of most Americans as consumer confidence fell dramatically this month, to its lowest level since March 2009. It was the biggest one-month drop since October 2008 -- when the financial crisis hit its climax. This disastrous result should have economists and policymakers sweating. Without the American consumer on board, the economic recovery doesn't stand a chance.

HDRKID

Kweku Adoboli was the star trader for UBS (United Bank of Swiss)
the biggest bank in swiss. He was head of Delta one. That was the trading group.
He lost two billion dollars and the bank will now post a loss they say.
Kweku Adoboli was a commodities trader. I believe he traded gold, silver, and copper.

Sadly for him he bet on gold going down and it went up.
The bank claims he is a rogue. This is not so.
UBS keeps track of every penny you move.
Also, every trade needs to be approve.

I know this from being a trader.
People at the top knew.

They thought they could drive down gold's price.
Well, they were wrong.

JasperMoon

I just found this posted today on projectcamelot.org . I thought it was rather interesting--especially the last few lines! This is an entity someone is in contact with. And this is what they were given in their discourse with them:

Here is the synopsis of said entity:

Below is the opening post on the "me tel u now" thread. After reviewing more than 100 predictions, I decided on this collection to start the thread:

"many things go wrong 15 may because door opens with portal to dark matters not undestanding earth beings
sharon will dimise be4 15 may
mandela will dimise be4 15 may
thatcher will stroke be4 15 may
japan warring thing will commenceing before 15 may secretly
oil gets very big sicknes no use anymore after 15 may
old bush will very sick be4 15 may
cheney will dimise be4 15 june
obama accident before 27 aperil
big sicknes be4 15 may
very moving earth on 17 aperils
oceon not sleeping when heaven things beware many waters to come drown
brown cheat be4 15 may
putin missing after 15 may many worry people do crazy things"

There's a lot more, but I wanted you to see this last line! Enjoy!