Prince William Snuffs Space Exploration

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Thanks to @Bones McCoy for the link:

IMHO, space exploration is extremely important for the following reasons:

- Although I don't feel our planet is in danger, having an escape route, like Mars, would be wise - a backup plan.

- Asteroids are a real thing and yes, eventually, one could hit our planet. Wouldn't it be wise to be able to nudge it or break it apart?

- It is apparently human instinct to head to space. Don't deny this instinct. There is a reason.

- Science. Scientific discoveries could help humanity survive. You won't know if you don't explore.

- Defense of the country - missiles are a thing. Yes, I'm thinking of Reagan's Star Wars

- Basic curiosity - discovering new species and discovering our origins. How is that a bad thing?

The only thing needing saving is humanity itself, not the planet. We seem to have a lot of mental illness and fights of good vs. evil. Humans are very territorial, to the point where it will destroy others to reach an objective. Is humanity headed towards total control? Perhaps future humans ARE droid hybrids, like the Borg. Is that where we are headed? One master and the rest sheep?

Anyway, that was a little off topic. I think the snooty British nationals needs to keep their nose out of things they don't fully understand. I feel space exploration is extremely important.

Yeats

We seem to have a lot of mental illness and fights of good vs. evil. Humans are very territorial, to the point where it will destroy others to reach an objective.
Unfortunately, our territorial instinct will probably continue -- even when we finally get out there.

TimeFlipper

Thanks to @Bones McCoy for the link:

IMHO, space exploration is extremely important for the following reasons:

- Although I don't feel our planet is in danger, having an escape route, like Mars, would be wise - a backup plan.

- Asteroids are a real thing and yes, eventually, one could hit our planet. Wouldn't it be wise to be able to nudge it or break it apart?

- It is apparently human instinct to head to space. Don't deny this instinct. There is a reason.

- Science. Scientific discoveries could help humanity survive. You won't know if you don't explore.

- Defense of the country - missiles are a thing. Yes, I'm thinking of Reagan's Star Wars

- Basic curiosity - discovering new species and discovering our origins. How is that a bad thing?

The only thing needing saving is humanity itself, not the planet. We seem to have a lot of mental illness and fights of good vs. evil. Humans are very territorial, to the point where it will destroy others to reach an objective. Is humanity headed towards total control? Perhaps future humans ARE droid hybrids, like the Borg. Is that where we are headed? One master and the rest sheep?

Anyway, that was a little off topic. I think the snooty British nationals needs to keep their nose out of things they don't fully understand. I feel space exploration is extremely important.
I love your postings Paula, but just because Prince William has always called for solving our environmental problems firstly, thanks to his parents and grandparents, its for the sake of our future generation of human beings to live in thats above spending huge amounts of money on space exploration alone imho....

Maybe you are being a little unkind by calling him "snooty" simply because he is a British national and a member of our Royal family...After all Paula, he has the right to state his own beliefs, just like we have that right on Paranormalis ;):D,,

TimeFlipper

CI wonder if he had to pass a medical?
He offered to be medically assessed, with a caveat that the Fake President undergoes a full psychological examination...I heard Biden gave him a free trip on Airforce 1 to the US anytime my old friend, provided he keeps his gob shut :censored: :D..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I love your postings Paula, but just because Prince William has always called for solving our environmental problems firstly, thanks to his parents and grandparents, its for the sake of our future generation of human beings to live in thats above spending huge amounts of money on space exploration alone imho....

Maybe you are being a little unkind by calling him "snooty" simply because he is a British national and a member of our Royal family...After all Paula, he has the right to state his own beliefs, just like we have that right on Paranormalis ;):D,,

Of course he has the right to his own beliefs. I just picture him drinking tea with his pinky finger out judging us "peasants". (That is how they portray themselves to the public). Anyway, I already listed my reasons for feeling space is equally important. We already are doing things to protect the environment. I just don't believe in the extreme and paying the government money for a fake emergency. Besides, how exactly would we change the temperature of the entire planet if we don't study space? Space and Physics go hand in hand. Earth is IN space.