Question Concerning Your Beliefs

Is your belief system currently fixed, or is it undergoing a change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dalet

This door is now closed.
My opinion on many political entities is currently changing, because I have a lot of friends with different beliefs who make compelling arguments, and I increasingly realise that I have believed some things because they were simply the things people around me believed, or the things that were face-value obvious, but more complicated than I knew.

Spiritually, and in terms of science, though, my beliefs are pretty static and empirically based. It sounds like I'm bragging or throwing shade but I promise I'm not, that's just personally how I am.

Political philosophy is a part of our world-view, and is usually based upon our spiritual world-view (our ethical codes, for example), so I'd put you as "changing" based upon the fact that your political views are currently being re-evaluated.

Having a fixed belief system (or a changing one, for that matter) is nothing to be either proud or ashamed of. Trust me, there is no right or wrong answer to my question.

Dalet

This door is now closed.
This Marxist pope and his homosexual rapist bishops has me thinking of checking out the Orthodox church.

So, it would seem that your beliefs are fixed, but that you feel that the support group for those beliefs (in this case, the Roman Catholic Church) is what has changed. This isn't unusual. Another example would be Democrats in the USA who have abandoned their party. It's not because those people have become more conservative, but rather because they see their party changing into something which they can no longer support.

Dalet

This door is now closed.
It is so amazing that you knew i was going to post a picture of Caroline Munro, now see if you can tell me which other lady iam going to put up on here, who would obviously be my second choice to Ms Munro ;):LOL:..

I seem to recall that you once hinted at a fondness for Sherry Jackson, but I can't be sure.

Dalet

This door is now closed.
Just a quick note: I am giving "likes" to all who respond, but only as a kind of "thank you for playing" acknowledgement - not necessarily because I agree with the content of the post.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I understand but, right at this point in your life, are you in the process of changing any of your beliefs? If not, then your answer would be "fixed".

I go back and forth quite frequently. For instance just last week I came across some info on the behavior of the weak force. Did you know that an electron could change into a positron as the result of a weak force interaction?

Dalet

This door is now closed.
I go back and forth quite frequently. For instance just last week I came across some info on the behavior of the weak force. Did you know that an electron could change into a positron as the result of a weak force interaction?

No, I was unaware of that. But could I ask (and I'm not asking this to be some kind of smart-aleck or something): How does your knowledge of this weak force impact upon your daily life? I realize that you maintain a scientific point-of-view, but I am speaking more about those beliefs which cause you to interact with the world in the way that you do.

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
No, I was unaware of that. But could I ask (and I'm not asking this to be some kind of smart-aleck or something): How does your knowledge of this weak force impact upon your daily life? I realize that you maintain a scientific point-of-view, but I am speaking more about those beliefs which cause you to interact with the world in the way that you do.

I like to group things I learn into categories. The weak force winds up in the category of " whatever you think you know, you really don't". That would also be in the same category for news. The news really isn't news, it's fake. So it appears that this basic force is affecting everything. Nothing is as real as you would like to believe. So to me, belief is highly over rated. It's a lie. I choose to dismiss all lies. Soon I suppose there will be nothing left to believe in. So all my fixed beliefs are dissolving. Am I even real?

Dalet

This door is now closed.
Okay, then it would seem that "whatever is known is not really known" is a part of your belief system.

Of course, you're aware that "to me" and "I choose" are, in this context, merely other ways of saying "I believe". So your statement could be paraphrased as: "I believe that belief is highly overrated. It's a lie. I believe in dismissing all lies." In other words, you seem to be saying that you believe in disposing of your beliefs. This seems a bit contradictory.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Okay, then it would seem that "whatever is known is not really known" is a part of your belief system.

Of course, you're aware that "to me" and "I choose" are, in this context, merely other ways of saying "I believe". So your statement could be paraphrased as: "I believe that belief is highly overrated. It's a lie. I believe in dismissing all lies." In other words, you seem to be saying that you believe in disposing of your beliefs. This seems a bit contradictory.

Yes, I'm in gray area between having beliefs and changing beliefs.