Rapture

label

A few years back, I was talking with a "hardcore" Christian about various things...One statement they made stood out to me: "When the rapture comes, the government will blame ET's for mass abduction."

Has anyone else heard of this? Or the opposite; Aliens will abduct a large quantity of humans and some will blame it on the rapture?

To me, it kind of makes sense...

The rapture is not what people imagine it to be. Millions upon millions upon billions of angels will come and collect what is left of God's elect. Meaning those that gave there hearts to Jesus. This will happen when the world is at it's last breath and evil took control of virtually everything and humanity is corrupted to the core.

Now the time frame for this is well documented regardless what some claim. There will be a few events of note that will happen before the rapture. Some say these events will not happen others say it will happen. These events will cause many to lose there lives and livelihood. It will be a sad sad time because many will be tortured murdered imprisoned and or left to die from illness or hunger.

Every evil that exist within the human heart will be legal and they will be able to do what they want without restriction. Things like morality compassion and hope will be forced out. This will be the darkest hour.

I personally don't like talking about it because the imagery in my mind will leave horror writers sucking there thumbs holding there blankets tight...

Krish

What exactly is "rapture"? ...that you mean?

Instead, they and their cohorts will be snatched away to a place of safety somewhere beyond earth while the rest of humanity is forced to suffer through a number of plagues and punishments.

It sounds good. However we have to keep it in a reality basis and not Magic. That means, we can have a some people move to a new planet (We selected two by now) to settle these people down. A similar situation happened long long time ago. Yeshua was there in a different actual name. Is that some thing that is acceptable?

If so, the 'some people' need to understand the structure first and not go by idiots to do stuff and think they will get saved...

wyldberi

If you want to mix the Bible with UFO's you can come up with some interesting dilemmas.
There is the second coming of Christ -- what time? There's the time when the "dead in Christ" rise to meet him as he descends; there's the time when He sets up a kingdom and rules for a thousand years; there's the time of Armageddon. The Bible doesn't say the Christ will use a flying ship to return to earth; it doesn't say he won't. It could be either way.
There is the coming of the anti-Christ. This being may be human and simply step onto the world political stage; or the anti-Christ may be an alien that shows up to solve the world's problems. I'd have to go back and check which of those might be the case. Right now, I don't remember whether either option is excluded.
If you go with the idea that Christ is a space alien and shows up with a fleet of ships to take away those who want to be "saved" from an impending catastrophe, do you get on the ship that's landed in your front yard (or down at the town courthouse lawn)? Or do you stay away, believing the guy calling himself Christ is actually the anti-Christ (or his false prophet), come to try and deceive Christ's elect and get them out of the way so that the anti-Christ can do his thing in Jerusalem unimpeded?
Demons or angels? Which are the grays? Which are the Nordics? How do you tell the difference?

Wonderment, theorizing with an open mind, searching for answers in the spirit of truth, spiritual discovery and awareness, the inner drive to discover and understand the nature of the universe, are healthy things as they keep us focused forward, are integral to the progression of our species.
While organized religion can be a good source for wonderment and discovery, often it limits people to a prescribed reality, distracts people with spiritual coercion and fear driven hype. I think the 'end times' prophecies, as many interpret, are often such fear driven hype. It fosters codependency on, and conformity to, a prescribed interpretation. It appears more of a means to control or build religious empires. It also has people all worked up in a subtle frenzy and state of fear. I feel it is important to avoid letting it affect someone as such.

This is what I think happened with the doctrine known as "the Rapture."
Take hell fire and brimstone, fear-based teaching. You get people together in a church or tent and tell them they are going to hell if they don't "repent and get saved." We all have done things we regret and don't know how to undo, even though we wish we could. Walk into that tent, and there may be a 50/50 chance your guilt catches up with you, so your go up to the altar and repent in hope of being forgiven and saved. After that you wind up going to church every week just to make sure you stay saved, and stay out of hell. When you go to church you rub elbows with other "believers" and reassure each other you've all actually been saved. And, you all put some cash into the plate when it gets passed around; that's just a reminder to God that, yes, you do still believe.
The Rapture theory does a similar type of thing. Instead of hellfire, you're worried about the tribulations that are due to set in during the "last days." You look around you, the world looks pretty bad and seems to be getting worse. The preacher steps into the pulpit and starts talking about how ol' anti-Christ's a-comin', and how you better get ready, better strengthen your faith ... How do you do that? Maybe add a little something extra for the Building Fund when the plate comes around. You tell your friend's and neighbors about the Rapture. They look at you kind of funny, so you go back to Wednesday Bible Study or Prayer Service to rub elbows with those who believe the same way you do, so you can be reassured you're on the right path, and you put a little more cash in the plate when it comes around.

Krish

Since Yeshua is my spirit family...I can say a few things but not everything as that information is blocked from my knowledgebase....today...

Now: "There is the second coming of Christ -- what time?" Yes he will come, but may not be in the next 300 years...more like 350 or so. Future is always in Flux no matter who is talking....The problem is our society does not understand the value of human-spirit and divine-spirit (see Rabbi Manis Friedman...and I think, it is the Old Testament somewhere). Until we understand that...it is useless to discuss in detail...Thank you.

Marcello

Sorry to offend believers but the but the Bible and the Gospel ARE are nonsense books
1)Lack of those texts mentioned but unobtainable so the word of God is incomplete and we not know enough
2)God the perfect being has psychopathic behavior and sends his son(to die) instead of traveling the world (Jesus) and help ALL the human race when he(God) attempted several times to destroy the human race his own creation
3)Written by people inspired by God but people can make mistakes and do it do it on purpose
4)Used mostly for instilling fear and hate and for control ignorant people
5)I have mentioned in this blog Mauro Biglino and his studies about the Bible and the Eloihm

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I'm glad to see this thread is pretty active, but I didn't start it to debate whether Christianity is nonsense..I myself have Christian beliefs and I don't like it when people like me are catagorized with the "Bible thumpers"... Not all Christians believe soley in what the Bible says, and ONLY what the Bible says...We're not all ignorant and gullible. To believe we all are makes you the ignorant one...

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I'm glad to see this thread is pretty active, but I didn't start it to debate whether Christianity is nonsense..I myself have Christian beliefs and I don't like it when people like me are catagorized with the "Bible thumpers"... Not all Christians believe soley in what the Bible says, and ONLY what the Bible says...We're not all ignorant and gullible. To believe we all are makes you the ignorant one...
And I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, just sticking up for people like myself who are tired of being tolf they're foolish and ignorant for having Christian beliefs and values... I really do enjoy hearing everyone's opinions! :) Keep them coming!

CDS

While I'm not a religious man, I do find the Bible as fascinating history. personally I would lean more toward believing the Ancient Alien Theory before practicing any religion. I'm sure my engrossment in sciences has influenced my beliefs (or lack there of)

label

Sorry to offend believers but the but the Bible and the Gospel ARE are nonsense books
1)Lack of those texts mentioned but unobtainable so the word of God is incomplete and we not know enough
2)God the perfect being has psychopathic behavior and sends his son(to die) instead of traveling the world (Jesus) and help ALL the human race when he(God) attempted several times to destroy the human race his own creation
3)Written by people inspired by God but people can make mistakes and do it do it on purpose
4)Used mostly for instilling fear and hate and for control ignorant people
5)I have mentioned in this blog Mauro Biglino and his studies about the Bible and the Eloihm

Consider me offended...

But upon responding to this thread I knew someone would make it personal and here we are... As predictable as day and night.

Simply stated: You don't know what you don't know. I will leave it at that.

I have seen to much to be ignorant and will never debate this with anyone as it is pointless. Each must make there own choice as to what they believe and as to how they respond towards others. But to call it nonsense is a slap in the face and is unacceptable for anyone in any religion not just my own.

That is all I am going to say about it.