re: Attempt to connect with future

Tron1

So i'm gonna attempt to connect to the future somehow while someone I know goes a month ahead. He is going to contact me when he makes it by cell phone. I'm not sure what do connecting cell phones together. The cell phones would read they were both a month ahead I would be in the present. Which is now. Anyone got any real ideas such as a server dns or app? That acutally works.

ASN

You should watch Steins;Gate. Just look it up. It also talk about time travel with phones

Sonix

@KeyHolder777 . that is a real puzzler. Whether using cell or wifi, these devices only communicate via intermediary devices and those devices would assume that it needs pass the data on to other current devices. That your friend is in the future having arrived from the past wouldn't matter - all the future intermediary devices would see the phone as a current one and only connect to other current devices. Even if you had technology that uses no intermediaries (such as walkie-talkies) they still only communicate with other temporally-local devices - if it were otherwise the airwaves would be flooded with past and future signals and unintended communications from the past and future would be commonplace. All of which is to say, if a means of physical time travel has been worked out, additional work would likely need to be done to adapt that technology to enable trans-temporal communication. The signal would need a gateway of some sort in the same way physical mass did.
...Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to accomplish.

Tron1

I'm trying to get information from him a month in advanced. Just experimental wise as I stay here to see if my theory does work. I've had this theory for years. I've gotten laughed at every time i bring it up.

Tron1

I need a stable connection that will hold 2 cell phones together signal wise to send that information.

Sonix

I think, in addition, your stable connection would need to bridge times, yes? Maintaining a solid connection for the length of the month in between does not in itself allow the signal to go backwards. Unless there are additional components to this.

Tron1

My friend just suggested a place that will be around for a month and an dns server that my friend and myself will be near. To plug the HDR in there when no one is around. Connect point a to point b and not to bring back bad info. So having a cell phone will work we just dont know how to connect it together. I know there is something you could use. It's just not in my head yet.

Sonix

Ok. Well, if we remove the trans-temporal element for a minute, I would think that you could create a means of communicating between two devices by pairing them using bluetooth and syncing them.

This removes the need for DNS servers or any other intermediary devices - it is direct, device-to-device.

Last edited:

HDRKID

Best of luck to you.

16bb223a9889147c2d728b33d03cf6d94f6fc17a.jpg