School Shootings

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
why you don't see school shootings in Israel
121214.Israeli.school.kids.jpg

titorite

Israelis murder Palestinians for entertainment..... no thanks.

You may not know this opmmur but the school most likely had a cop ... All our schools have cops and wands and guns and security checkpoints and rfid tags and all that jazz.....

Sometimes nothing prevents an act of madness and all we can do is pick our our broken shattered heart and attempt to shuffle forward.

My heart to the familys

TnWatchdog

Sad thing is if they want to get in, they will...hard to stop deranged anger. I saw a school in East TN that has a wire fence all the way around it and a check point at the main entrance, which looked like a prison. Most schools in my area have security on duty but then again fighting evil is not an easy task. Demonic impulses taking over vunerable minds, now add weapons...not a good mix. Someday Heaven will descend to Earth and we won't have to deal with all this BS.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Israelis murder Palestinians for entertainment..... no thanks.

You may not know this opmmur but the school most likely had a cop ... All our schools have cops and wands and guns and security checkpoints and rfid tags and all that jazz.....

Sometimes nothing prevents an act of madness and all we can do is pick our our broken shattered heart and attempt to shuffle forward.

My heart to the familys

I would like to thank you for your information on Israel. I must confess that I have a very limited knowledge of Israel and its customs. I am not Jewish, although I’ve had great Jewish friends in the past years.

I’m a firm believer that killing others is very wrong and can create severe karma or the individuals committing such a crime and murder.

When I look into the faces of the murderers in Tucson Arizona, Aurora Colorado, and now Sandy Hook Connecticut. What I see is something I do not understand each picture of the three murderers when you look at their eyes you see something I cannot explain. Their eyes are wide open and they show a lot of white in their eyes. The majority of other people show a little white in their eyes. I would like to have other members’ comment if they see the same thing in the pictures that I have seen.

Samstwitch

People that go on killing sprees are mentally ill and should be institutionalized, but there are no more Mental Hospitals in America, thanks for former President Ronald Reagan. That is the root of the problem! Two more of Today's Headlines...

Man fires some 50 shots in California mall parking lot (Newport Beach)

Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot

Alabama Hospital Shooting: St. Vincent's Gunman Wounds 3 Before Being Killed By Police (TY titorite)

But it's not just in America. In China, there have been repeated incidents of men going into elementary schools and stabbing children. Here's another Headline from December 14, 2012:

22 Kids, 1 Adult Hurt in China School Knife Attack

Unfortunately, killing sprees are on the rise. Gun control is NOT the answer.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Benjamin Spock
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1946, Spock published his book The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care, which became a bestseller. Its message to mothers is that "you know more than you think you do."[2] By 1998 it had sold more than 50 million copies. It has been translated into 39 languages. Later he wrote three more books about parenting.

Books by Benjamin Spock
  • Baby and Child Care (1946, with revisions up to ninth edition, 2012)
  • A Baby's First Year (1954)
  • Feeding Your Baby and Child (1955)
  • Dr. Spock Talks With Mothers (1961)
  • Problems of Parents (1962)
  • Caring for Your Disabled Child (1965)
  • Dr. Spock on Vietnam (1968)
  • Decent and Indecent (1970)
  • A Teenager's Guide to Life and Love (1970)
  • Raising Children in a Difficult Time (1974)
  • Spock on Parenting (1988)
  • Spock on Spock: a Memoir of Growing Up With the Century (1989)
  • A Better World for Our Children (1994)[24]
My personal opinion: I believe that Dr. Spock had a lot to do with the young people in the past 10 years that tried to commit mass murder on others. Dr. Spock believed that you should not spank children but sit down and talk to them. From all the books that he wrote many child psychologist, judges dealing with children and other so-called people that deal with children. Have adopted over the last 60 years the idea of timeout for children and it’s okay not to correct the child who is obviously needing to be corrected.

I would be the very first one to protect children from abuse and injury from beatings of other individuals. I believe a gentle SWAT to the child is sometimes needed so that they can understand right from wrong at an earlier age and to grow up without scars of abuse or misconduct by adults.

50 years ago or even 30 years ago teachers in public schools and church schools could correct children when they misbehaved and try to help them to learn from their mistakes when they misbehaved. Three murderers listed above obviously did not have gentle swats on their diapers and an adult trying to show the children right from wrong in a productive way.

Dr. Benjamin Spock is the person that started this new wave of not disciplining in a gentle way that caught on by so many educators and professional people dealing with children today. There will be many other sandy hook’s, Aurora Colorado’s, and Tucson Arizona’s in the future because of the new wave started by Benjamin Spock 50 years ago. Bottom line: our people under age 30 have had too much freedom from their adult peers when it comes to misbehaving as children which gives them more leeway as teenagers and even more freedom as young adults to commit problems in our society. I am speaking only of a very small number of individuals and not the great masses of good young adults we have today.

Samstwitch

Professor, I agree with your post #7. And I also believe it's because God and Prayer were removed from schools and all of society. When people know they have to account to God for their bad deeds, they do not commit such random acts of violence. We live in a Godless society, and it has gone out-of-control.

That old saying holds true...Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Proverbs 22:15 - Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child; The rod of correction will drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13, 14 - Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.

Proverbs 29:15 - The rod and rebuke give wisdom, But a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
People that go on killing sprees are mentally ill and should be institutionalized, but there are no more Mental Hospitals in America, thanks for former President Ronald Reagan. That is the root of the problem! Two more of Today's Headlines...

Man fires some 50 shots in California mall parking lot (Newport Beach)

Oklahoma teen arrested in school shooting plot

But it's not just in America. In China, there have been repeated incidents of men going into elementary schools and stabbing children. Here's another Headline from December 14, 2012:

22 Kids, 1 Adult Hurt in China School Knife Attack

Unfortunately, killing sprees are on the rise. Gun control is NOT the answer.

I was in that same Macy's parking lot Friday afternoon around 4:00 PM, shopping at Macy's about 24 hours before. Again, this mall is an open-air mall with many buildings housing major department stores: Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's and many other recognizable high-end stores. The parking lot has Bentleys, Mercedes-Benz, and many other luxury brands of vehicles.

Again, this is supposed to be a safe place like our schools in theaters, the system failed again because the event happened a man shooting a gun. This time no one died and one man arrested.

titorite

their is no such thing as a "gentle swat" The two ideas are contradictatory to each others .

A swat is an act of violence....

Besides, you can not profess to know the discipline of the child involved.

Your post #7 is more of an incrimination on out dated psychiatry.