School Shootings

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Professor, I agree with your post #7. And I also believe it's because God and Prayer were removed from schools and all of society. When people know they have to account to God for their bad deeds, they do not commit such random acts of violence. We live in a Godless society, and it has gone out-of-control.

Boy oh boy Sam you sure hit the nail on the head. Thank you for your comments. I thought I was opening up a can of worms by posting my belief so soon after Sandy Hook school shooting.

My wife is from that area in Connecticut. And her sister still lives five minutes away from the school.

Samstwitch

I say it's a combination of these things...

1) People have turned away from God and the Scriptures, so children are not being taught the Ten Commandments...children have little or no boundries as they grow into adulthood. They are also denied the love of God, because they are told that He doesn't exist. (This has great impact on society.)
2) Parents cannot properly discipline their children or they will be arrested for child abuse.
3) The mentally ill get little or no treatment/help and there are no facilities to house the ones who are a danger to society.

titorite

Mental illness is a lie.

Illness is contagious.

Bad choices are just mental.

I think titor even alluded to as much in his words about choices.

And I wonder if the boob tube is being honest with me, after all to quote another from elsewhere

This story changed over 10 hours more than I have ever seen a breaking news tragedy evolve and unfold live for us all

Ryan was the shooter, aged 24

former student. killed his father at the condo, then mother & students at the school

no Adam was the shooter aged 20

Mother was a teacher, shot dead in classroom

Mother was a teacher's aide shot dead in classroom

Mother was not a teacher, and was not found dead in the classroom

she was found shot in the condo

Adam is autistic and his mother left unsecured weapons laying around

There was an interesting theory advanced on Coast radio last night

That Adam woke, found his mother dead in her bed from a self inflicted gunshot, due to being let loose as an employee from the school and he took her weapon and went to the school to seek revenge on her boss

That new plot twist is the most believable of the true lies thus far

Still grappling with all the last ten days of insanity in the media, with more to come

Everybody stay safe out there, gremlins and goblins are on the loose

Samstwitch

Mental illness is a lie.

Mental illness is very real. I worked at Fairview State (Mental) Hospital back in the early '70's for a time...and my mother was a Psychiatric Technician. Mental illness is alive and rampant in America. Lots of people become mentally ill from using drugs, such as Meth and Cocaine, which fry the brain. This is another cause of mental illness in America.

Octavusprime

You can find it in blood. Genetics have the clues to many mental issues. We are only now getting good at finding the genetic markers.

But really I think this is an issue of society. Our society is sick. The human race is sick. This kid is definitely sick and is a product of genetics AND environment. The environment being our modern society of ever decreasing morals and a disrespect for everything and everyone around us.

Anonynez

Mental illness is very biological and very real. Go read any academic book on neuroanatomy. Compare it to faulty wiring. You all make valid points. This story reeks and its one of the only stories that has ever made me physically nauseous bc I have a 9 year old daughter.

I will say that my kid goes to a shool near a military base in a republican state. Electronically operated bulletproof glass doors separate the hallways from the main office. There's one way in and one way out. They ask me for my ID every time I go in even though they know me, and there is an override button in the principals office that secures those bulletproof doors with a steel cage. I know what you're thinking. Yes it sounds extreme, but we're extreme about safety down here and we are a right to carry state. Not everyone has this luxury. It's a military funded school, therefore we probably have some added security that not every public school has. However, I think there is a lack of preparation in the northern states. That is not in any way to implicate that that's why this shooting in CT happened. It happened bc someone was crazy enough and methodical enough to follow through with an evil plan. It's very evil and a cleansing is in order. Ill gladly sacrifice my vessel if it means my child can grow up in a safer world, but owning guns doesn't kill people. People kill people.