Scientists Search The Internet For Evidence Of Time Travelers

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Scientists Search The Internet For Evidence Of Time Travelers
4 January, 2014

There is no ultimate scientific evidence of time travel, but this does not stop two researchers from undertaking a most remarkable project - namely to search the internet for proof of time travelers! "Time travel to the future stands on firm scientific footing. Special Relativity [9] has clear sub-luminal solutions that correspond with time travel to the future.

The goal of the study was to find evidence of people who may have jumped forward in time, rather than focusing on persons who had traveled to the past.

In one of our articles, Object From The Future Discovered In Ancient Tomb? We discussed the possibility that objects from future timelines could have been forgotten on Earth. As farfetched as this may sound, it is a possibility some takes seriously.

Time travel has captured the public imagination for much of the past century, but little has been done to actually search for time travelers. Still, scientists are becoming more and more interested in this fascinating subject.

This recent study was done by two researchers from the Department of Physics at Michigan Technological University.
Authors Robert Nemiroff, professor of physics, and Teresa Wilson, a PhD candidate, said.

"The modern ubiquity" of the Internet lends itself to far-reaching methods to search for time travelers.

They said a benefit from their effort, given the great reach of the Internet, is that their search is "the most comprehensive to date."

"The origin of the idea of time travel is unknown . Mentions in the distant past include the Indian Mahabharata , which may date as far back as the 9th century BC, the Hebrew Talmud , written about 300 AD, and the Japanese Nihongi , which dates back to about 700 AD. A classic contemporary story of time travel is H. G. Wells' 1895 work "The Time Machine" .

All of these, however, predominantly describe time travel to the future. One of the oldest stories known of time travel to the past dates only back to 1733 with Samuel Madden's "Memoirs of the Twentieth Century" . Modern fictional stories involving time travel both to the future and the past are, however, ubiquitous.

Two prominent examples include the Doctor Who television series which originated in 1963, and the Back to the Future film series which began in 1985.

timetravelinternetglobe.jpg

Is there evidence of time travelers on the internet?

A famous theoretical example is the twin paradox. Such future time travel has been experimentally verified, for example, using a pair of clocks one of which was taken on an airplane. The flying clock recorded a relative time delay of order 10-7 seconds, in comparison to the more stationary clock .

Time travel to the past is controversial, at best, and impossible according to conventional views of the laws of physics. Formally, Special Relativity allows time travel to the past only for objects moving faster than the speed of light. In both Special and General Relativity, the possibility that objects could travel on closed timelike loops would indicate the possibility of time travel to the past.

Solutions involving closed timelike loops have been found in General Relativity with popular cases including Gödel's universe , traveling between black holes and wormholes, and circling cosmic strings . Many physicists consider such solutions unphysical, as articulated, for example, by the Chronology Protection Conjecture.

Although less well known than popular fiction, experiments designed to discover human time travelers have been conducted.

In May of 2005, then graduate student A. Dorai at MIT publicised and held a convention for time travelers.

No one claiming to come from the future showed up . S. Hawking did a similar experiment in July of 2012, holding a personal party for time travelers, but sending out the invitations only after the party . No one claiming to be a time traveler showed up .", the authors write in their science paper.

While Dr. John Cramer, professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Washington investigates whether we can send messages traveling through time, Professor Nemiroff and Teresa Wilson attempted to investigate three implementations of Internet searches for time travelers.

How you can find information supporting time travel on the internet? It is undoubtedly a question many people will ask. According to the scientists, a time traveler can reveal his presence and true identity in the form of a blog post, tweet, or search revealing they knew ahead of time what was to happen.

The two scientists say that they are " seeking a prescient mention of information not previously available. The first search covered prescient content placed on the Internet, highlighted by a comprehensive search for specific terms in tweets on Twitter. The second search examined prescient inquiries submitted to a search engine, highlighted by a comprehensive search for specific search terms submitted to a popular astronomy web site. The third search involved a request for a direct Internet communication, either by email or tweet, pre-dating to the time of the inquiry. Given practical verifiability concerns, only time travelers from the future were investigated. No time travelers were discovered. Although these negative results do not disprove time travel, given the great reach of the Internet, this search is perhaps the most comprehensive to date."

However, no time travelers were discovered."Unfortunately, as of this writing, no prescient tweets or emails were received," they stated. The authors however, are not convinced that their coming up with zero means zippo to time travel theory. "Although the negative results reported here may indicate that time travelers from the future are not among us and cannot communicate with us over the modern day Internet, they are by no means proof."

timetravelinternet2.jpg

Are time travelers hiding?

Nemiroff and Wilson think there can be a number of reasons why we do not find evidence of time travelers. One theory is that time travelers may not want to be found, "and may be good at covering their tracks."

Another idea is that time travelers did not leave the specific event tags that the authors searched for. "Finally, our searches were not comprehensive, so that even if time travelers left the exact event tags searched for here, we might have missed them due to human error, oversight, incompleteness of Internet catalogs and searches, or inaccurate content time tags, " Nemiroff and Wilson concluded.

However, they also point out this is not the end. The search is by no means over. "Given the additional exposure that the public listing of this manuscript gains, we will continue to search, on occasion, for active tweets and emails involving potential time travel," they say.

Barth Abrem

It has to be this way because at the end surely there is a point which is help for us to learn things and in the same way all can go well with a better process which stays good enough at a lot.

HDRKID

What is evidence any way. For example, do we count me predicting Radio Shack goes bankrupt next year.

BTW, there is more than one Steven L Gibbs in our universe.

Stevie L Gibbs | Facebook

Ayasano

What is evidence any way. For example, do we count me predicting Radio Shack goes bankrupt next year.

Too small a sample size. You also have to take into account the chance of a given company going under each year. If you were to pick 20 companies that were known to all be suffering financially and 15 of them went under, that wouldn't really constitute good evidence. (Going 20 for 20 might though) But if you picked 20 companies that were by all accounts doing great and then suddenly 15 went under due to some event like a scandal, that would make for much better evidence. It's all about the statistics. ;)

darwi

Opmmur, I have the clear impression that you are steering things in a certain direction, without revealing what you actually do believe or know about time travel. You would like us to understand the science behind it? OK. But first I'd like to clear up a few things with you. It seems like you might be familiar with Sky Books and therefore the writings of 'Radu Cinamar', translated into English. That writing does mention the Mahabharata as having occurred about 9,000 years ago. There are undoubtedly numerous repetitive karmic patterns in that story, including the use of nuclear weapons, the use of time travel and the fact that it started over a woman, when Sita was kidnapped away from her husband Ramachandra. The Trojan War was simply part of that repetitive pattern. The main archetypal pattern that began it all likely occurred over 37,000 years ago on this planet. That's a big part of the karma we're dealing with on this planet. As for time travel itself, what AAA writes about everything being in plain sight rings true. But the science behind it is not complicated I believe, as long as false concepts and theories don't get in the way. First, are we still going to accept the idea that nothing can travel faster than light or are there certain energies that always move faster than light? Second, what exactly is moving anyway? If we are consciousnesses sliding through a time stream, wouldn't that distort our awareness how different energies actually are moving, if they are moving at all? Do we even accept the idea of a time stream(I would call it a spiral time stream, the shape of one of the spiral arms of the Milky Way)? Do we accept the idea of aether in space, as space, causing the turning effect, being the source of gravity and involved in the way we experience time? If we do accept these ideas, that implies that our whole time stream exists right now in present time and that time travel to the past or future of the time stream is possible. As to things being in plain sight, it seems like you already were trying to show some of that on one of you're other sites. But people aren't very willing to believe you, since they don't understand the science, or any version of it that makes sense to them. So, I guess you'd better teach them first.

Nick Charles

If I were a time traveler I'd be hard pressed to prove it. If someone in, say, 1996 were to ask me who would win the World Series, Super Bowl, or what company would go under, I wouldn't have a clue! I would know general things, like who would be the next president, 9/11, the crash of 2008, and the general loss of common sense and courtesy in our society. So what proof is there? I think it's a hard nut to crack, with so much info out there and that one needle in a haystack that may take 20 years to confirm.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Darwi, I think you would find my old classes very interesting that I was teaching
20, 30 and 40 years ago. I am thinking about starting a small work shops group
in the LA area, maybe in the next 18 to 24 months.

Professor Opmmur