Sending a message to the past

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I think you have some bad information about time travel.

Professor Opmmur

Last edited:

walt willis

Funny you should ask...
When it come to love all bets are off!
I was told it was me and I said that's crazy...I am me!
So you see how easy it is to not believe the impossible, so we just blow it off as so more crazy talk and move on.
This is the same reason why our government has been able to keep a lid of so many secrets for so long.
Yes you would most likely still be married to the same bum.

Itheblaze

No matter how many warnings, I think some people still have to live out their nightmares. At least to say, been there, done that, Never Again!

Chocomil

Not possible as it would travel to an alternate universe. The only thin you can do without breaking any laws of physics for the past is viewing it.

TimeFlipper

I heard that you can change your present by sending a message to the past. How can this be done?
There are schools of thought that believe if you can send a message to the past, then the you in the past would receive it in another time-line that is opened up, by you sending it to the past...changes would be made in that time-line... but either fortunately or unfortunately, the you in this time-line we are on now will never know about those changes..its all about the"protection" of every time-line that is created :)

Arctor

You have to consider, assuming you are traveling back in your own timeline, the paradox of removing the event that caused you to send the message in the first place.

With the alternate timeline theory, you could be satisfied with knowing that perhaps your other self would believe you and end up living a better life.

Either way, you ultimately don't know what the outcome of different choices are and you could actually set into motion a much worse chain of events.

Tricky thing that time travel is...