Sensitive to people’s feelings + emotions

Mooku

Hello everyone , so throughout my entire life I have had this ability to read people’s emotions and just know when something is bothering someone or if someone is in a good or bad mood.

It’s very weird and hard to describe this but if I’m talking to someone I can feel this weird sensation of how that person is feeling, like a change oh let’s say if they get embarrassed by something. This has helped me out several times knowing when someone is getting mad even before they get mad.

I’ve had conversations regarding this with other people but not really a downright straight forward answer and I’m curious what exactly this is. Thank you!

SensitiveAbility

Agree that is your ability.
It can be over whelming, unfortunately you can't turn it off you have to deal with it.
I am a sensitive/empath.
I blew one of my players in my co op game I play I asked her if she was ok she said why ecttt I explained I freaked her out. Told her what to do and it will stop and it did.
The best thing I can suggest is mediation, Tai Chi. To center yourself and your own emotions.

Kairos

Very true! We all have the abilities some can tap into it others close it off

The problem is that feelers, in a democracy, make political, social, and economic decisions based upon feelings rather than reason, and generally burn civilization down in the process.

SensitiveAbility

empath people feel what others are going threw. We pick up on there energy. Think you may be getting them mixed up. As someone who can pick up on other, I don't do what you are saying. Yes each to there own on how they feel it or perceive but the empath I know you got them mixed up.

Mooku

It’s not like a social justice warrior feel. I’m talking like I can legit feel energy and emotions from another like I stated above I can tell when someone’s about to get angry, sad or upset right as they are starting to get these emotions

SensitiveAbility

It’s not like a social justice warrior feel. I’m talking like I can legit feel energy and emotions from another like I stated above I can tell when someone’s about to get angry, sad or upset right as they are starting to get these emotions

I understand and if you also feel energy change you can also be a sensitive, all a sensitive means is you got abilities

Kairos

Yeah, that's because you are a feeler. Feelers are keenly aware of social interactions and emotional states of other people. Thus, their primary objectives, for example in a debate, tends to be that people find consensus, most people are satisfied, and nobody is emotionally harmed.

A thinker, on the other hand, is just worried about the truth and what is the correct decision, regardless of whether it upsets other people.

You might be a feeler who recognizes the great danger in making decisions based upon trying to minimize emotional pain, but the danger is inherent in that predisposition to experience external emotional states.

Consider the following scenario:

You have a high school student who is on the football team. The football team has been selected to play an important game out of state, and there will be college football recruiters there watching for talent. The school, however, cannot afford to send the entire team. Several students will have to stay home. What do you do?

A thinker immediately sees the obvious solution: the players who perform the least well amongst the team stay home. Feelers often come to elaborate arguments about how to randomize it so that is "fair", or how to find some way to pay for everybody so that nobody's feelings are hurt.

Imagine running an entire civilization like that. Belay that. Read the news and see what happens when you run an entire civilization like that.

That's not to say there is anything wrong with being a feeler. Evolution created it for a reason. I just think it's not all that rare these days (probably half the population is like you to some extent) and in a democracy it tends to create problems.