Should bullying be a school subject?

Should bullying be a school subject?

• Yes, it's called dodgeball.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, that would take the fun out of bullying them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My kid gets private lessons in being a winner.

• I will toughen them up by sending them to the army.

• All victims need is a knife to get even.

• Let's call it "self defence", to make it politically correct.

• Total voters

Beholder

If bullies have a better chance of getting promoted to leadership positions, should schools promote bullying and hold classes in assertiveness, bribery, threats, hiding evidence and backstabbing? :unsure: Like giving a gun to every child so that nobody becomes the victim, making them ready for the real world.

lamdo263

No' if the community is both rights and protection of the young active, then this is a community group problem, with global action required by all concerned parties. This can be the school district reps, police and or lawyers. Bullying can result in both serious injuries, deaths and revenge killings.

Why a student is attending school above all else, is to obtain their educations and not something else.

Wind7

Staff
They should be developing a way to teach students about bullying
and it's detrimental effects upon one another in a way that will hold their attention.

When I was in school, there were classes that taught you the disciplines in life but then vs now.....Things have all changed.

Bullying caused a friend to take his own life when I was a fifth grader.
His name was Lance.

I am biased because of that.
To me, this is no joking matter....But I must digress.

Beholder

They should be developing a way to teach students about bullying
and it's detrimental effects upon one another in a way that will hold their attention.

When I was in school, there were classes that taught you the disciplines in life but then vs now.....Things have all changed.

Bullying caused a friend to take his own life when I was a fifth grader.
His name was Lance.

I am biased because of that.
To me, this is no joking matter....But I must digress.
I took a University course where we tried using wheelchairs while getting stuck in gravel, climbing stairs, and being called insults by other students who were just acting, so nobody became upset by it.

Wind7

Staff
In the schools I went to...Students would physically attack each other...and even the teachers would get throttled.

I was even held at knifepoint once. :oops:

Our system was in a top 10 list in the whole US for being one of the WORST scholastic systems
based upon students dropping out of school during their Sophomore years...Because of the bullying and drugs.

It was the 1970's early 1980's.

Wind7

Staff
I took a University course where we tried using wheelchairs while getting stuck in gravel, climbing stairs, and being called insults by other students who were just acting, so nobody became upset by it.

Did you switch places then?

I can see how that would be a way to teach the Psychology behind bullying.

In the case of one such individual whom was one of the worst bullies in Highschool,
he later confessed to others that he was involved in domestic abuse at home and
back then (1970-80) bullying was his only way to fight back.

To "take it out on someone".

Here in the US bullying is a very big problem.

Beholder

In the schools I went to...Students would physically attack each other...and even the teachers would get throttled.

I was even held at knifepoint once. :oops:

Our system was in a top 10 list in the whole US for being one of the WORST scholastic systems
based upon students dropping out of school during their Sophomore years...Because of the bullying and drugs.

It was the 1970's early 1980's.
My ghetto class had a fight club with knives and neo-nazis. Anyone stepping into the circle by mistake got beaten.

The janitor also confiscated a revolver before a big fight against another school. Lots of kids came back bleeding from the football field after it.

Beholder

Did you switch places then?

I can see how that would be a way to teach the Psychology behind bullying.

In the case of one such individual whom was one of the worst bullies in Highschool,
he later confessed to others that he was involved in domestic abuse at home and
back then (1970-80) bullying was his only way to fight back.

To "take it out on someone".

Here in the US bullying is a very big problem.
We took turns using the wheelchairs and other assistive devices.

I had already been in a special class because of Aspergers and been called things for real, so I had gotten used to shaking it off and keeping my pride.

The most common insult was to call me "special", which I reclaimed. Thank you, I am special. :giggle:

Wind7

Staff
Yeah, "Special",..... I got that one too for some of the same reasons.

That and being the ONLY redhead. ;)

I don't know if you had this happen but,
did you ever have someone who you never got on with back in school,
approach you later in life like they're your Long Lost Best Friend?

What to do.....What to do.....Hmmm....

You could try to dunk THEIR head in the loo...But you'd be arrested! LOL! j/k ;)