SmartLucider Lucid Dream Induction Device

TimeFlipper

So, when I programmed my device I set it on the loudest beep, mid to high LED level and rate, and Dream Alarm ON. I'm hoping on inducing a Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD), where you wake from the lucid dream, then immediately go back into the dream and control it. (RFI)
What does the RFI stand for? :unsure:

Doc 05

Zenith
Email that I received today:

Thanks for signing up to Ten Steps to Lucid Dreams!

My name is Chris Hammond and I'm the Founder of World of Lucid Dreaming Academy.

So my job here is basically to get you lucid.

And rest assured, I won't give up.

Until you either have your first lucid dream… or you tell me to go away ;-)

(which hopefully won't happen!)

I've broken this e-course up into 10 daily lessons.

Each day you get a fully structured lesson delivered to your inbox.

I put a lot of time and effort into creating this course. I like to think it's more comprehensive than anything similar out there. To be honest, it actually trumps many of the 'paid' lucid dreaming courses that sell for hundreds of dollars, so we hope you enjoy it :)

The lessons are quite detailed. It would be best to read them when you have 10 minute's peace to quietly digest them - and appreciate the knowledge.

Perhaps take ten minutes each evening, with a cup of chamomile tea. :)

The lessons have also been designed to be read and applied in order.

If you accidentally miss a day, try and go back to catch up – you could be missing something important.
Your first lesson will arrive tomorrow.
Keep your eyes open for it – in case it gets lost in your junk mail folder.

Add my email address to your Address Book right now, to make sure you get the ten lessons safely each day. :)

And most importantly – for the next ten days – you need to actually apply the lessons.

Each email contains specific instructions. Keep them up!

I'm all about achieving results. Stay with me during the next ten days and I promise I will teach you how to control your dreams. :)

In the meantime, here's 3 things you can do tonight.
  • Get a good night's sleep. Sleep deprivation is not conducive to lucid dreaming.
  • As you get into bed look directly at your pillow and say out loud: "I will remember my dreams tonight".
  • Passively observe the process of your mind and body falling asleep. How does your body relax? How does your mind find peace? How does it feel to pay attention to these things?
This will help prime you for the incredible journey you're about to begin....

Best wishes,

Doc 05

Zenith
Day 2 of a 10 day online lucid dreaming course I signed up for:

By: Chris Hammond, FOUNDER, WORLD OF LUCID DREAMING ACADEMY

One of the most wonderful things about lucid dreaming is that it will change your entire perspective on life!

That may sound like a grand claim – but it's absolutely true!

It's simply not possible to invoke consciousness during a dream without having a good, solid appreciation of it during your waking life. :)

You see, lucid dreaming isn't just about having fun controlling your dreams - detonating nuclear bombs with a blink of your eyelid – or travelling backwards in time to visit the kings of ancient civilizations.

Sure you can do that...

But it's also about understanding the power of your own mind – and discovering a deeper appreciation of the nature of our conscious experiences.

So today we'll talk a little about mindfulness, or as some call it 'lucid waking'.
Second Principal: Waking Awareness
Mindfulness is a key lucid dreaming strategy.

This means being aware of your reality in your everyday waking life. Some experts call it 'lucid waking'.

Many people don't realize the impact that lucid waking has on their dream life... But they are overlooking one of the foundations of lucid dreaming.

To start, let's take a quick test of your current lucid waking skills.

Try hard to fully recall a time when you were surrounded by nature.

Do it now before reading on. I'll wait ;-)

OK. So maybe you thought for a moment and drew a quick memory of a time you went hiking, or for a stroll in the park. Perhaps a camping trip or holiday.

But then you stopped engaging in that memory... and rushed back to the task at hand - reading this email!

This is the mindset we tend to have when we rush about our busy lives. It's difficult to stop and smell the roses. There are so many distractions vying for our attention.

Like regular dreams, our awareness of detail is fuzzy. We're not fully lucid.

If you engaged in lucid waking, you would take at least a minute to visualize or recall the memory in maximum detail.

Perhaps you closed your eyes and took some deep breaths. Imagined yourself right there in the scene: saw the stillness of the water, looked into the deep blue sky, smelled the air, felt the warmth of the sun bearing down on your face. And so on.

The image above represents the two different kinds of perception at play.

So, where are you on the spectrum? Is there room for improvement?

There are some very simple – but powerful - practices you can use to enhance your lucid waking. Or in other words: improve your mindfulness of waking consciousness.

So here's what I want you to do today.

(and every day for the next 10 days, whilst you're doing this course)

It's enjoyable - and it only takes a few minutes!

Do this whilst you’re walking along the street:

Slowly close your eyes for a moment and inhale deeply. Slow down your every movement and thought. There is no rush.

Concentrate on the feeling of the breath getting sucked down your throat. Examine every inch of the air. Appreciate how it feels coursing over the surface of your air passage and into your lungs. Note to yourself how every single breath is unique and different.

Don't think about anything else. Do this for about 1-2 minutes.

It's hard - you'll be tempted to rush!

You'll probably be surprised at how hard it is as a beginner to hold your attention for even two minutes on just one thing.

If you find thoughts creeping in, don't get frustrated – just let the thoughts drift away, like clouds – and return to your breath.

Now we're going to look at each sense in turn.

As you are walking, focus your attention purely on your feet. Feel the soles of your feet impacting with the pavement, or the grass. Feel each and every indentation of the ground and how the energy of each one subtly reverberates up through your feet and transfers into your body. Feel your legs and how the individual muscles work as they move. Focus on these things and do not let your train of thought take you away on a tangent.

This is walking meditation!

Now sound. Focus your attention purely on your ears and the waves of sound going into them. You may close your eyes (but don't walk into anything!!) to assist. Appreciate every subtle sound around you. Most of the time we are lost in our own thoughts. But what about the small sounds of birds chirping, or traffic passing? Gently listen to the people talking in the background. The bark of dog. This is reality!

Finally, we will focus on our sight. Look. Truly look, for the first time. As if you are born anew. Look at the trees as you pass. Or the buildings. See them as if for the first time. Examine every minute detail. The patterns and fractals on every leaf. The tiny individual surfaces of every pebble or grain of gravel in every paving stone.

This is consensus reality! Based on your brain processing your senses.

You may feel as if you have truly walked for the first time in your life!

Summary​

When you become more mindful - even just for a few minutes every day – you think more lucidly in the moment.

The more you practice it during the day time, the more automatic it becomes at night, too.

Over time this awareness will assist your mind to recognise when you are dreaming and therefore become conscious inside that dream.

Have a think about that guys – and stay tuned.

Because tomorrow we delve into awareness during sleep.

Yours,

Last edited:

Doc 05

Zenith
Day 3 of a 10 day online lucid dreaming course I signed up for:

Hope you're enjoying these emails!

By now you've probably figured out that lucid dreaming is just like any other skill.

That is, it takes time and effort to learn. :)

I like to think of it a bit like learning a new language or playing an instrument. You'll start off pretty shaky, but as you keep up practice you'll find yourself starting to see real results!

So, don't give up on me – keep up your lessons and make a point of doing everything I tell you to do. By the end of this course, you’ll have an infinitely deeper understanding of the dream world and how you can become conscious there.

On average, most beginners start to see results within the first 2 weeks of practice.

So keep at it!

Once you get your first taste of real lucidity, you'll realise its power. :)

Lucid dreaming is an amazing skill that I built into my life – alongside martial arts, yoga and meditation.

So, whether you want to:
  • Inspect your own insecurities, neurosis and psychological makeup in the comfort of your own mind.
  • Practice skills in your dreams that transfer to improved ability in real-life.
  • Have some fun: like controlling lightning bolts with your hands, walking into a raging fire and absorbing its energy, or simply becoming a tree and losing touch with human consciousness and ego.
  • Or simply have your wicked way with Kylie Minogue or Brad Pitt – it's all good to me.
Then you're in the right place.

Stick to my guidance and I will get you there. Promise!

Today's lesson builds on yesterday's.

We are going to look at awareness whilst sleeping – or, specifically, whilst falling asleep.

With a simple exercise to practice at bed time.
Third Principal: Sleeping Awareness
Forget sensory deprivation tanks.

Today we'll learn how to shut off all physical sensory input and "fall asleep consciously".

Don't worry, it's completely safe!

And it can even be even quite easy once you get the knack for it.

You'll start to become aware for the first time of the process of falling asleep and how it feels through each stage!

And this can lead directly to lucid dreams.

The beauty of this technique is you can practice it any time or day or night.

However it's most effective in the early hours of the morning, after you've had five or so hours of sleep. It doesn't take any energy. It relieves stress. And it feels really good...

How Do You Relax?​

Some people think relaxation involves a glass of wine. Maybe a take out dinner. Possibly slouching on the couch watching an evening of TV?

If you're lucky - an amazing back massage from your partner :)

This kind of relaxation goes way deeper than any of that.

In a more profound kind of way.

I'm talking about complete physical and mental detachment from the real world.

This state of relaxation is a springboard to achieving deeper states of meditation and – ultimately - conscious entry into the lucid dream world.

When you feel like relaxing, lie down on your back in a dark, quiet room.

Take some deep breaths in and out... and start to feel the tension drain away from your muscles.

Begin with Physical Relaxation​

Begin by systematically visualizing each muscle group - and letting it relax into the bed, or go invisible, or float away. Whichever metaphor works for you.

Start with your toes: let them drop out of reality. Then your feet. Then your ankles. Focus your full attention on each body part and let it go before moving up... all the way to the top of your head. Remember to fully relax your face and jaw.

As you do this, sigh away the tension and allow your breathing to become gentle and rhythmic.

Once a body part has "left reality" don't move it - it's gone.

(If you must move to cough or scratch an itch, start over until you feel you're back to where you were before.)

This should take about 10 minutes, by which point you'll be feeling pretty relaxed. But this is only the beginning.

Advance with Mental Relaxation​

Start with observing your hypnagogic imagery - those floating or swirling patterns which form against your closed eyelids when you're tired.

Let it take your focus away from your physical body... into a primitive yet hypnotic dream world.

If your body is relaxed but you don't see any emerging hypnagogia, do some sensory visualization instead:

Imagine your arms or legs have completely disappeared. What does that feel like?

Imagine you're floating a few feet above your body, or are trying to sway your awareness out of it. Like you're on a swing at the park. Feel the sensation, just as if it were real.

After another 10 minutes, you should be deep in a state of total relaxation.

Your body is now so relaxed it sends few (if any) real sensory signals to your brain.

This makes it easy for you to create false signals with your mind. Any physical sensation you imagine now can feel very real - and can even tip you into the lucid dream world!

Your mind is focused inwards, far away from the trivial stresses of waking life.

You may keep your mind clear and open to spontaneous insights - or visualize a simulated inner-world, which again can lead you into a lucid dream in a matter of seconds.

What If You Can't Relax?​

The most common hurdle beginners face with this technique is silencing their inner monologue.

Most people just don't know how to switch off their overactive brains.

There are lots of ways to distract yourself from your inner voice - and eventually it will go quiet on its own. Just as you fall asleep without it every night.

One simple trick is to count slowly backwards in your mind in threes, starting from one hundred.

Another tactic is to focus on slow breathing.

And every time your inner voice chimes in with a distracting thought, allow it to wash quickly away.

Crucially, your aim is to fall asleep physically but remain awake mentally.

If that sounds alien at this stage, you're not alone!

Falling asleep consciously usually takes practice and determination - but you will come to master this as a lucid dreamer.

For the next few nights, go to bed a little earlier than usual and give yourself time to perform this technique as practice.

And try it again any time you wake up in the night.

(it's easier to induce a lucid dream then too).

You'll open yourself up to a blissful meditation experience. And maybe even some surprising dream-time phenomena…

Best wishes,

Doc 05

Zenith
Hey Doc, thanks for being so transparent and sharing the info. Will look fwd to your experience with the device!
Thanks, right now I'm working my way through this 10 day lucid dreaming course I signed up for before I jump full bore into taking supplements and strapping on devices (which I have a tendency to do).
I'm trying that crawl, walk, run method, but I've always been the kid that everybody gets to try things first. ;)

Doc 05

Zenith
Day 4 of a 10 day online lucid dreaming course I signed up for:

Chris here again!

Hopefully by now you've managed to grab some paper and have been jotting down your dreams for the last few nights!

You've been practicing your self-awareness during the days by appreciating your senses in the moment.

And you've been starting to cultivate awareness at bed time with yesterday's relaxation exercise.

And don't forget: you’ve got my personal guarantee… I’ll get you lucid! Somehow! No matter what. Somehow I'll do it – and I won't give up. So long as you're with me.

So let's do this!

We'll get to work on a new techniques in the next few minutes.

You can practice it any time of day. And it only takes 30 seconds.
Reality Checks
Today's lesson is slightly meatier.

We're covering one of the highest-rated techniques among beginners. Quite simply because it's easy to perform and is highly effective at producing spontaneous lucid dreams.

What's the simplest way for a beginner to become lucid in their dreams?

It's to spontaneously realize that you're dreaming!

Let's say you’re having high tea with Arnold Schwarzenegger, when a herd of flying pigs begin to circle overhead.

The sky turns pink and cracks in two, as Arnie begins to shuffle menacingly towards you.

You realize: "Oh my God. This isn't real! I'm DREAMING!"

With this mind-bending realization, all the elements of the dream snap into focus!

It becomes as vivid and real as the reality you perceive right now.

With the realization that you are dreaming, comes consciousness. And this presence of mind allows you to take control of the dream.

Will you:
  • Run at extreme speeds and explore the dreamscape just beyond the horizon?
  • Engage Arnie in hand-to-hand combat, or a game of high-stakes mah-jong?
  • Conjure up an almighty banquet and feast on exotic and extravagant foods?
  • Or shout out to the dream: "Show me my life in 20 years!"
So, now you're lucid in the dream! Or in other words, lucid dreaming.

How to Trigger This Realization​

So far in your life, you've already had thousands of dreams - which you just accepted as reality.

It wasn't until you woke up that you realized you were dreaming all along!

So how can you create an in-dream trigger, to spark the realization you are dreaming?

With a simple brain hack known as a "reality check".

A reality check is an attempt to perform an impossible action.

For example, trying to push your hand through a desk.

If you do this in reality, it proves you are awake. No surprise there.

However, in dreams, the impossible happens! So when you try to push your hand through the desk, it can slide right though. It offers proof that you are dreaming.

Try to do it right now (seriously).

As you do this, ask yourself: "Am I dreaming?"

Ok great. You've just done your first reality check.

And it took all of 10 seconds. :)

From now on, I want you to perform 10-20 reality checks spread out through every day.

Literally try to push your fingers through the desk, wall, or the palm of your hand - imagining how it would look and feel if you actually managed to do it.

All the while, ask yourself: "Is this a dream?"

But you have to ask the question with complete seriousness.

It's no good just “going through the motions”. You have to pay 100% attention and focus on what you are doing.

When pushing into your hand, examine the feeling in detail.

Take note of how it feels physically and mentally. Don't stop until you have satisfied yourself 100% that you are awake – and why you believe that is the case (are you sure you're not dreaming right now?).

Summary​

"What is real? If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

- Morpheus, The Matrix

When you dream, your brain simulates electrical impulses that give you a sense of an artificial reality. An inner world which only you can perceive.

You may be walking barefoot through a park, listening to birdsong, feeling the sun on your skin. Out of context, it is hard to tell whether you're awake or dreaming - because both dreams and reality deliver the same type of experience to your brain.

Reality checks help us to "realize" that we are dreaming.

In doing so the conscious brain takes over and we become lucid.

Your daily reality checks are going to feed into your dreams very soon now.

You'll be having a dream about something very improbable... then by habit, you'll do a reality check in the dream.

It will provide absolute confirmation that you are dreaming.

And you will become instantly lucid!

Start right now – reality check. Do one again in another hour or so. Don't let up!

I'll be in touch soon with your next lesson tomorrow.

Yours