Soap For Health?

Bones McCoy

:unsure:

What's the best soap?

I like plain white bar soap, without extra detergents or weird scents.

I also like to keep some carbolic soap around, for microbe destruction. It's very rare in North America nowadays, but some companies still make it.

Wind7

Staff
Bile soap is very strong if you have corroded metal surfaces in a battery holder or payment card that no longer works. The body's own cleaning solution.

I found no human variety....Thankfully. ;)

steven chiverton

coal tar soap was nice had a lovely smell to it but that vanished from the shelves ages ago like tea tree oil soap and sandal wood soap these days i use cussoms brand oatmeal soap with thousands of tiny flakes that clean and invigorates the skin making it cleaner even though soaps has caustic soda in it it can dry ya skin out a bit to

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

coal tar soap was nice had a lovely smell to it but that vanished from the shelves ages ago like tea tree oil soap and sandal wood soap these days i use cussoms brand oatmeal soap with thousands of tiny flakes that clean and invigorates the skin making it cleaner even though soaps has caustic soda in it it can dry ya skin out a bit to
The soap youre referring to Cobber Steve, is called Wrights Coal Tar Soap..

Attachments

• DSC_0196.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 3

Wind7

Staff
Coal Tar soap can strip the skin off if your any way allergic be careful.

Advice taken.
I had a similar reaction from a product called Kirk's Castile.
I'm not allergic to coconut or it's oil but was caused by one of the ingredients within.

1651894993382.png

It just stripped my skin.
Bad news, man.

steven chiverton

The soap youre referring to Cobber Steve, is called Wrights Coal Tar Soap..
the package your coal tar soap is in is different than what they had here and i dont remember the manufacter name but i think this one was made in australia and sold at coles where i first brought one to try out years ago and that soap had if i remember an amber like color