Something I noticed about JTs predictions

Darkwolf

TV is considered less a discretionary choice of the public, and the airwaves are regulated as much as, say, shipping and airlines. If you put a political viewpoint on TV, you are required to balance it with access to the opposing opinion-- a point lost on an outfit such as Fox.

Thing is Paul, Fox does present the left wing opinion, they give them alot more creedence than the rest of the networks do conservatives. The only reason people see Fox as being far to the right is that everything else is so far to the left. As I mentioned before though, I don't think it matters. Left and right in this country are two prongs of the same attack on our liberties. I find it telling that no one in the media gives any of the other parties any face time at all. Have you ever heard the libertarian position aired on a major network, I never have. If that one in particular got out, I think the face of politics would change.
Phil

August

Darkwolf you said,

Lenin may not have used the net, however I'm pretty sure that Washington, Jefferson and company would have been all over it. They are far better models if you ask me. The net is an unprecidented way for a small group of people to get the word out to large numbers of people cheaply and effectively. A communications breakthrough like that has not happened since the invention of the printing press. We should use it no matter what ideas we are trying to spread.

and I think you missed my point. I chose Lenin as the posterboy revolutionary. (Although Jefferson and company are hands down my favorite revolutionaries.) Any revolutionary gets the word out, that's true; but I am talking about the murmerings of action I hear on this and other boards--most of which I unfortunately believe is Federal baiting. Can you imagine Jefferson and Adams posting drafts of the Declaration of Independence on their website, www.breakfromtheking.org? Let's remember they were all wanted for treason for that drafting and if they were not successful there would be paintings of them hanging from a tree in the Commonwealth Gallery of Art.

That said Darkwolf I enjoy your posts very much and welcome to the community.

On the subject of the press, let me just end this once and for all. The press is not left or right. It is corporate pure and simple. Let me illustrate with a simple example.

You are the owner of a tiny radio station with three primary sponsors in town:

Bill's Hardware
Jackson Manufacturing
Small Town Grocery

You also have 3 part-time news reporters on your staff; they come to you with three news stories, but you only have room at 6pm for one additional news story. Which one do you pick?

"Apple Festival promises record attendance"
"Jackson Manufacturing employees wanted for embezzlement"
"Small Town Grocery target of State audit for tax evasion and sanitation standards"

Now get stockholders involved on the macrocosm of this example and doesn't it get complicated?

And by the way, if you are the reporter who discovered the state audit, do you push until you lose your job or do you go to the Apple Festival?

StarLord

Good Call DarkWolf!!

I think that would cause apoplexy to the other parties. Heck, then they would have to start telling the truth. Wouldn't that be something? Imagine, a fair 3 or 4 party system run on Honesty instead of red herring and finger pointing.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by August@Oct 21 2004, 06:29 PM

...Jefferson and Adams posting drafts of the Declaration of Independence on their website, www.breakfromtheking.org? ...

\"Apple Festival promises record attendance\"

The link must be down to that site, and can't find nothing about no apple festival on Fox, neither. The Feds must be on to Lenin at last.

Jefferson would consider the internet vulgar and without real power, the way he regarded the press in general. He would have considered Fox network to be just another yowling party organ, and would have been pleasantly surprised at the fair and balanced approach of most newspapers nowadays.

He may not have posted the Declaration on the internet, for a couple of reasons, one being that he didn't really consider it his, but rather as a kind of draft legislation he was assigned to compose. His views otherwise were well known, anyway.

But I don't get the impression of him that he would have been timid about publishing his position about the decay of the British rule and the need for a new recognition of rights. Adams and Jefferson were together at least that far, and you'll remember that Jefferson escaped with his skin one step ahead of the British troops when he was war governor of Virginia. If it's at all risky to make known that you are against the crown before the war starts, it's downright foolish to do it while they're in town.

Darkwolf

Ha Ha, I love it. August, Do you mind if I use that in an editorial I'm writing?
and yes, I think if we mixed the technologies of the twenty first century with the pollitics of the eithteenth we would indeed see breakfromtheking.org along with www.kinggerogeisareptilealien.org, and www.movetheeon.org. Yes, if caught they would be dead, but that is true with any revolutionary once things pass a certian point.

I don't really think we have government agent provacetures (how DO you spell that?) here. I work in law enforcement myself,(no worries for anyone here, I'm a small town sherrif's deputy) and occasionally talk to homeland security folks. They are busy and undermanned. If they ever see this site, it is beacause it flagged a keyword. They look around, say something to the effect of "damnit its those time travel freaks again," and go on to look for militias or whatever. Our subject matter is too off the wall in the eyes of most streight laced feds for them to take seriously. At most we give em a good laugh. Remind me when I have time to write more to tell yall about the guy we investigated for trying to build the starship.
Phil

August

Paul,

The link must be down to that site, and can't find nothing about no apple festival on Fox, neither. The Feds must be on to Lenin at last.

That response was very Hack of you; and if you are imitating my Yankee accent, Sir, it is "Neith-UH";but you get my point on corporate-directed media, no?

And I think you are absolutely right about Jefferson; I am proud to be on that same wagon. If change takes place through vigorous debate and protest, then the internet is mostly just the mirror in the police station's men's room: it tells you who you are, where you are, and in what circumstances; but it doesn't improve your thinking or your place in life. You must still achieve that the old fashioned way. This paragraph is making me sound like a revolutionary, by God. I'll leave it here just to spite myself.

And Darkwolf the URL is all yours, my friend.

StarLord

Darkwolf,

Does that mean he actually named the Starship Phil?

So we are pretty much agreed that News reporting on the TV is controlled and to go against that grain you lose your job, Yes? Then would not the newspapers also be suspect?

August

Starlord,

I agree. It does not matter what form of media. There is always a desk where sits an editor who looks at possible stories to run. And today the first question that editor asks is, "Will I get an angry phone call from an advertiser for this?"

When was the last time you saw a negative story about GE? Yup they must be a perfect little company.

StarLord

True, they must be up there in the higher eschlon of Great Companies. Aren't they the ones making the Tactical Bunker Buster? Better Living through High Speed Gamma Rays.

vortex

You need to campain for a proportional representation system for voting. Then you can vote for smaller parties and still make a difference.