South Fork Bridge photo Nov. 1940s

HDRKID

Re: South Fork Bridge photo Nov. 1940s

Hmmm,so we go from "It was shopped" to "Nothing unusual here, please move on". Well, I disagree and here is my answer. You cannot arrive at the truth if you simple discard all evidence that does not support your notions you preconceive.

Make the theory match the data, not the other way. I hate it when people throw away data because it supports a theory of which they do not agree.

First off, a real time traveller would probably wear period clothes in a crowd, and try to blend in. Still, there are fools that are not aware of what is proper for each era.

I always wondered what John Titor looked like - until now.....
:)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

What data? It's a photograph, Dippy.

First of all, it's a scan that comes directly from a museum. Can't be Photoshopped.

Second, there's nothing out of place in the photo to even warrant the idea that someone tampered with it. The ear shadows do look weird, but we don't know what the lighting conditions are. The guy may have some awesome stubble for all we know.

Third, by your logic (or lack thereof) every person in every old photo is a time traveler. Stop being a moron.

OH MY GOD THE WOMAN ON THE RIGHT IS CARRYING A HANDBAG/LAPTOP!
TIME TRAVELER!
2538903705_cd2a9bcd92.jpg

Keroscene

Goes on about how important the "data" is, then more or less concludes it must be a time traveler. lol

StarLord

"You cannot arrive at the truth if you simple discard all evidence that does not support your notions you preconceive."

Funny you should mention this. People have been pointing to the evidence that can not be possibly mistaken for nonsense and they are ignored time after time after time after time after....

Superman

The very thing that faked us was the black and white effect of the photo. I don't think anyone would shop this for fun or maybe someone would but I think this was legit but I don't think he was a time traveler. But if he really did time traveled that would have been so cool.

Truth_of_The_Youth

As noted, the image is indeed available through the official website for Canada’s museums. It was part of the exhibit “Their Past Lives Here” from Bralorne-Pioneer, available to the public since 2004. It was put online since February this year, perhaps before that. And the peculiar “time traveller” image was only noted as such in the end of March, when it was linked on main websites such as Above Top Secret and FARK.

Given the source, we would assume the photo is authentic, and correctly dated to c.1940. Indeed, an Error Level Analysis suggests the image was not digitally tampered with, or at least that if it was, the author was smart enough to normalize the error across the whole thing. It’s a good job, if it was a job. And again, given the source, we would assume it was not a job.

So, how do we explain the man out of time?
viajantes.jpg

As members of the ATS, like “Outkast Searcher”, diligently noted, despite looking very modern the man’s outfit and even glasses and camera could be found in the 1940s. Below, similar sunglasses used by actress Barbara Stanwyck on the movie “Double Indemnity” (1944):

The outfit could also be found 70 years ago. Being used as we are to our contemporary fashion, we look at the man and assume he’s wearing a stamped T-shirt, something that would be indeed out of place (or time). But if you look carefully, you can see that he’s actually wearing (or could as well be wearing) a sweatshirt. And sweatshirts with bordered emblems were not uncommon in the 1940s – in fact you can find those in other photos from the same exhibit.

The sweater he also uses seems to be hand knitted, with buttons on the front. Something that was definitely available at the time, if he had some kind grandma perhaps.
Finally, despite some comments about the camera lens being too big for the time, too compact, it looks like a Kodak Folding Pocket model, available since the beginning of the 20th century.

That is: even taking this photo for granted, as depicting an authentic scene, a real man with his curious glasses and outfit in Canada 70 years ago, there’s nothing that can be seen that is actually out of place or time. He looks different from other people, but it has already been suggested that he’s using welding goggles and a glove.

(via http://forgetomori.com/2010/fortean/time-traveler-caught-in-museum-photo/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: C2C-AllContent (Feed - Coast to Coast - All Content))

Horrible example of a shirt, your picture has a sown on letter. The other is printed on.

TimeTravel_00

Take a second look at the time travelers glasses. I think that I am beginning to understand. A concept that was introduced in anime, is now in production. Are we taking a glimpse into the future of mobile computing? Is our pictured time traveler from that future?
Google Glasses
1.-Google-Glasses-Image-Courtesy-Best-Android-Lookout.jpeg
Anime from 20 years ago
tumblr_mg8jedFK7V1s0xjnbo1_1280.jpg
Has anyone dug up any information on the second photo depicting the same young man in what appears to be a Soviet city during the 1940s?

titorite

NO doubt TTOO I'll be dipped if you did not find something really neat.

Mr Hipster does get around... and the eyeglass portable computer correlation was a good deduction. '

Time travelers and sun glasses..... Nobody would ever know.