Standing ovation for a Ukrainian who fought with the Nazis sparks anger and an apology in Canada

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Wow, that's a pretty wild story, makes you wonder what they're up to and how stuff like this can happen.

Yaroslav Hunka, 98, was recognized by lawmakers shortly after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy addressed the Canadian Parliament.

It seemed like a touching and timely tribute by Canadian lawmakers to a 98-year-old war “hero” who fought for Ukraine’s independence during World War II. But it soon emerged that the man was in fact part of a notorious Nazi unit, leading to fury at the standing ovation he was given in the presence of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

steven chiverton

i cant watch that video this anoying anti add blockers popes up over it and renders the video unplayable

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
my system is up to date but this annoying pop up wants me to disable my add blocker and won't let me view it and i downloaded a program to stop it but it only worked once so i don't know what's going on here

Just as long as you don't click on any pop up, you will be fine. If I can't use uBlock Origin to zap the pop ups out of the way, then it is best just to not go there. If you disable your ad blocker, you will be open to infection by malware and spyware.

Beholder

Russia makes up lots of stories with Nazis and Ukraine, so take all of it with a truckload of salt until you can verify or discredit it directly from the sources. Ukrinform tries to list fake news about public anouncements. Always check if articles are on the websites of official news sources, because Russian fakes often claim to be quotes from western news.