Terrorist Attacks

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Terrorist Attacks

Report this Topic highlights it for the attention of Mods and Admins.

August: Point taken.

Paranoia only becomes unhealthy when it proven that you are not being watched... and persist in being paranoid. :blink:

Do you remember Supercar?

Cornelia

Terrorist Attacks

I think we shoud go back with our "foot on ground".
Remember we are talking about a TTer related problem... I guess nobody else here would dare to make prophecies about the "next big thing"! :p
And also, we're talking of a very short time range prophecy: I mean, if someone says "the next big thing will happen on February, 2011" then there's nothing to worry about!
So, this left us with a very circumscribed problem. We should carefully watch only TTers coming not from far in the future, and talking about the next big thing. I don't think there's a need to make a new rule, neither I think the mods will have to swear too much.
Just my 0,02.

Pyro and Rug,
I'm very proud of you. Hope my son will be like you when grown up! >:D<

August

Terrorist Attacks

Grayson,

Supercar--no. Any relation to Speedracer?

My paranoia also makes me think along literary avenues: if the whole Titor thing is true, then you Europeans, around 2008, will be saying things like: "Weren't those Americans fun, back when they were posting on the forums?" Kind of creepy when you think about it. :blink:

Jovial_Kitten

Terrorist Attacks

Originally posted by Grayson@Jun 22 2004, 03:27 AM
Report this Topic highlights it for the attention of Mods and Admins.

August: Point taken.

Paranoia only becomes unhealthy when it proven that you are not being watched... and persist in being paranoid. ?:blink:

Do you remember Supercar?
I take it you guys got my insomnia induced test of the report function:p

Judge Bean

Terrorist Attacks

It has been suggested that we should be careful not to go after the Patriot Act, and not to predict terrorist-type attacks, or to say anything that might be interpreted as in support of terrorism. It has been suggested that we need to watch what we say so as not to draw the attention of the authorities.

First of all, the definition of terrorism has been changed by the current government here. Previously, it was generally understood to refer to rogue, powerless criminals who used public violence as political influence. Now it refers to international, wellfinanced and highly organized quasi-governments, or governments in exile, who are attempting to actually seize power. They are like old fashioned knights errant, they are versions of Spartacus or Nat Turner.

It has become the equivalent of suspicion founded on probable cause for the government to have simple suspicion, rendering the cause for investigation and arrest to be no more than accusation, or vague suspicion. This permits the authorities to investigate and detain anyone they want to, for whatever reason, including the basest political reasons. This huge change in American criminal law has gone virtually unchallenged.

When it has become a crime (which it is most definitely not at the present time) to criticize, publish objections to, or otherwise discuss pending legislation or the laws of the United States, then it is no longer the United States. It has become something else. We should try to discover how much of the U.S. is left by freely discussing these things.

To predict terrorist attacks is an entirely different subject. As I have said many, many times, such predictions can be viewed as suspicious activity, and, under the Patriot Act and Enemy Alien Act, suspicions are enough to cause serious deprivation of liberties (whereas in the regular criminal law they are, alone, insufficient). To joke about such things put them into no better light-- governments have no sense of humor, as you can see at the airport gate if you joke about a bomb.

To call for the impeachment of the entire federal government, as I have done, might itself be the basis of an accusation of supporting terrorism, as well as to be too harshly critical of the policies of the Bush administration, prison abuses in Iraq and Guantanamo, and his hamhanded attacks on the Constitution. But we have been doing all of these on these forums for months-- at least I have-- without any negative reaction.

My measured hunch is that, if they are doing anything at all, they are at this stage simply collecting the statements made on the forums to see whether they link up to any other material they've uncovered through other sources. If things become ugly, or uglier, they will then have sufficient material to come after any of us by virtue of our association.

The government's suspicions may have been aroused because we have somehow rung a bell. The authorities may actually be looking for errant timetravelers, and going through the list of possible ones, just as we have done on the forum, tossing out the ones they find fake.

You can really get the willies, but only if Titor has some measure of authenticity about him or is an actual government project himself. In other words, they already know that Titor is genuine, or in some part genuine, so they are trying to find out whether there are others in addition to him.

If you have a claimed timetraveler from the future, then, who is willing to predict or is being asked about pending terrorist attacks, I can't imagine why the authorities would overlook it. Maybe they're busy; maybe they think we're a pack of crackpots.

We know neither of those is true, though, right?

Unintentional

Terrorist Attacks

To criticize the government is the most American thing anyone can do. For a long while there, we were the only country that even allowed such a thing! :D
bluerosesmall.jpg

Time Travel Forum

Trekkie

Terrorist Attacks

Does anyone on this board have actual experience in this feild.

Grayson?

Does anyone have a friend that works in such an agency that they can ask what we can do to be on the up and up and not attract attention to ourselves?
All I will say is key words like terrorist attacks or simply terrorist are monitored especially on twitter and Facebook , anywhere else then your guess is as good as mine and in all honesty if anyone on here is ever caught up in a terrorist attack , really there's nothing you can do about it ,you know the time of the attack ,it's 2019 now and not 1970's where in my country the United Kingdom ,the IRA would walk into a pub where they've planted a bomb and actually say outloud ," IRA , then walk out the pub just before the bomb exploded